Decoding 2020

fryoj

With all the concrete trucks we’ve seen today I think they may be building an additional pole barn next to the one we can see.

In the various photos and videos it looks like the foundation was already poured for the pole barn.

I also noticed something to the right of that building as you can see in this screen shot. It is white and extends pretty far to the right. If this is the case I think this would be the replacement area for the current buildings by X base.

165c8e44a797b4eae7715397b108fe28.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

That is not to say the new structure being built out there couldn’t be for storage, but I also don’t think it will be the right spot for float storage unless it is long-term storage after the shows are over this summer. 

Could be playing musical storage barns. Move stuff that makes sense out there to make room for float storage closer. We might be over thinking this too? :unsure:

So I found this photo on Reddit. The theory goes that MC stand for megacoaster and the last letter is the numerical sequence of projects. So MCR would be one coaster and MCT would be a separate. MCR is likely Hershey’s rumored hyper. 006fd278c9e0578ba85b445740882800.jpgSince we don’t see a MCS they either skipped over it or it is sitting somewhere on the property. So there could possibly be 3 hypers/gigas currently in production. Thoughts?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

S could be a different type of coaster altogether, right?  Does it have to be MCS, or could it also be DCS or any other type?

My understanding is dive coasters are labeled DM and alphabetical number. Valraven was DMH and Yukon Striker is DMG. DM meaning dive machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

My guess is MCS is the hyper for CGA which appears to have been scrapped or on hold.

Correct me if I am wrong but if I remember correctly they were also out of sequence for the dive coasters at CW and CP.  Someone recently confirmed the coaster at Canada’s Wonderland was originally intended to be built first and it was scrapped late in the process and Valravn was built instead.  Which I believe how someone knew to ask the question was the out of sequence labels from the track.

• Like 1

My guess is MCS is the hyper for CGA which appears to have been scrapped or on hold.
Correct me if I am wrong but if I remember correctly they were also out of sequence for the dive coasters at CW and CP.  Someone recently confirmed the coaster at Canada’s Wonderland was originally intended to be built first and it was scrapped late in the process and Valravn was built instead.  Which I believe how someone knew to ask the question was the out of sequence labels from the track.

That’s my understanding as well in regards to CP and CW dives.

Here is a picture of Fury 325 detailed track label.

fb61925722c002fab213c3377cee2a3e.jpg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

So I found this photo on Reddit. The theory goes that MC stand for megacoaster and the last letter is the numerical sequence of projects. So MCR would be one coaster and MCT would be a separate. MCR is likely Hershey’s rumored hyper. 006fd278c9e0578ba85b445740882800.jpgSince we don’t see a MCS they either skipped over it or it is sitting somewhere on the property. So there could possibly be 3 hypers/gigas currently in production. Thoughts?

There is a B&M Hyper is scheduled to open up in China later this year, so maybe that is one of the three mega coasters

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 8:54 PM, ohiocoasterfan said:

Great video and description about what’s going on. They have a really good zoom video camera.

If you notice at 2:06 when he zooms in tou can see a piece of track sitting behind Flight of Fear's building. Any ideas why? Maybe to just hang on to.

• Like 2

Just now, JubJester said:

If you notice at 2:06 when he zooms in tou can see a piece of track sitting behind Flight of Fear's building. Any ideas why?

I’m thinking it’s going to be used as a plaza decoration, could maybe be used for a haunt decoration but it’s probably to big for that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

No that rollercoaster was MCQ, also most of the rollercoaster has already been built.

Oh okay, but maybe KI’s giga is just too big that it counts as two coasters LOL

In all seriousness, the third of these mega coasters is probably just one that has not been announced yet, maybe overseas

3 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

With all the concrete trucks we’ve seen today I think they may be building an additional pole barn next to the one we can see.

In the various photos and videos it looks like the foundation was already poured for the pole barn.

I also noticed something to the right of that building as you can see in this screen shot. It is white and extends pretty far to the right. If this is the case I think this would be the replacement area for the current buildings by X base.

165c8e44a797b4eae7715397b108fe28.jpg

The storage on the right is for Winterfest.  The new shed on the left is huge in comparison to the other one. We will just have to wait and see. I have my hunches but I have some Antique cars to ride first. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

It is entirely possible it is used for something other than a coaster. Flat rides and normal commercial buildings can also use 480V power. The new "Plaza" and associated buildings some people are talking about could have something to do with that. 

Also, with Firehawks's queue still remaining, wouldn't it be more likely to reuse it for a flat ride queue than a new coaster? It would be the right length for something like that. 

Yeah, the queue remaining is perplexing. Thats not where you'd save money on a $30+ million dollar coaster. Saving it for a future flat is possible, but that opens up even more questions. I'm becoming more convinced that the new coaster won't interact with the Firehawk plot, so a courtyard with flats and food would make sense there. Just odd that you'd save that. 

If KI is removing the maintenance sheds for the X-Base area to the site of the pole barn area for an entire X-Base expansion would be amazing. One thing that I’m not sure would be able to be relocated easily is this white holding tank or tower. I actually have no clue what it is or what it holds. Is it some form of water tower? It looks like a huge oil holding tank that we have on the Ohio River where I’m from. Could someone please fill me in and let me know if it is able to be relocated, thanks.

BB42ADE6-AD2B-46D5-A6E7-8EB5E8BCABC3.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

So I found this photo on Reddit. The theory goes that MC stand for megacoaster and the last letter is the numerical sequence of projects. So MCR would be one coaster and MCT would be a separate. MCR is likely Hershey’s rumored hyper. Since we don’t see a MCS they either skipped over it or it is sitting somewhere on the property. So there could possibly be 3 hypers/gigas currently in production. Thoughts?

Double, but you can find the originals and more here: http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/hersheypark-2020-and-kings-island-2020-giga-coaster-track/

It's very interesting. The letter codes seem to be correct. The skip means one of two things. Either MCT is headed overseas, so they are getting a jump on it, or, like has been suggested, MCS has been skipped or delayed. One of the Hershey track pieces has production and an April date wrote on it. The gray track does as well. It also has station wrote on the gray track. That would be the first track produced and we aren't that far outside of the window we saw Banshee track start to show up. Granted, we have no reason to expect an announcement before the first couple weeks of August. So no track headed to King's Island will be leaving there before then. I'm assuming thats just a primer coat on that track. I'm not sure what I'd think about a gray coaster. That may very well be KI's track. 

• Like 3

On 4/20/2019 at 12:19 PM, fryoj said:

Oh that absolutely is not for the coaster. Or at least not for the coaster to go in. That type of building can be built in a week, and could easily be built over top the footers and coaster. There's no need to build it right now. I'd say most likely a maintenance building. Warehouse is less likely just because of location. I won't discount it completely but it being so far from things that would need that much warehouse space. 

Looking in the area that they are building on Google Maps, theres a boneyard type area. I saw something odd. Is that a 57-ish era Chevy?

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.18.06 PM.png

That reminds me of the one that used to be near the Juke Box Diner back when it was themed to Happy Days! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Wasn’t the Happy Days Diner car blue?  

I remember it being blue for a time, but I believe they also had a pink one, more recently. It could be the same car, just repainted so there was no association with the Happy Days Diner era. Now, I could just be remembering two different cars and associating them both with KI. I know I saw a car outside that diner within the past 2-3 years, but I cannot remember the color.

• Like 1

Any of us from the Cincinnati area can just drive by the Clermont Steel Fabricators factory in Batavia area. (Sorry, do not know the East Side of town well). All the B&M tracks are made there for the entire US (I think it includes the rest of North America as well, but I do not know for sure)! And permits to work with B&M were apparently filed according to local news outlets...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonFreak said:

Any of us from the Cincinnati area can just drive by the Clermont Steel Fabricators factory in Batavia area. (Sorry, do not know the East Side of town well). All the B&M tracks are made there for the entire US (I think it includes the rest of North America as well, but I do not know for sure)! And permits to work with B&M were apparently filed according to local news outlets...

Its actually their world wide producer of track. That place has a long history with the amusement industry.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LondonFreak said:

The first post in the thread has a link to the Notice of Commencement if you want to see it. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:12 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

There is part of me that wonders if they are relocating some of the existing maintenance buildings to open that current maintenance area up to foot traffic.

I’ve wondered that too. They would open up a lot of valuable area for expansion by relocating the maintenance buildings in XBase. Also, if they moved the maintenance buildings out of the area near Planet Snoopy, they could open that area up a lot for expansion. 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic