Decoding 2020

fryoj

Double, but you can find the originals and more here: http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/hersheypark-2020-and-kings-island-2020-giga-coaster-track/
It's very interesting. The letter codes seem to be correct. The skip means one of two things. Either MCT is headed overseas, so they are getting a jump on it, or, like has been suggested, MCS has been skipped or delayed. One of the Hershey track pieces has production and an April date wrote on it. The gray track does as well. It also has station wrote on the gray track. That would be the first track produced and we aren't that far outside of the window we saw Banshee track start to show up. Granted, we have no reason to expect an announcement before the first couple weeks of August. So no track headed to King's Island will be leaving there before then. I'm assuming thats just a primer coat on that track. I'm not sure what I'd think about a gray coaster. That may very well be KI's track. 

Great find!!! Lots of good information. It will be interesting to see what color potentially “our” track gets painted.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Its actually their world wide producer of track. That place has a long history with the amusement industry.

Thank you! I did not know that! I knew for a fact it was North America. All sources I have read have been unclear about worldwide track! And I know! They have been working with B&M since the late 1980s/early 1990s, and they are killing it in the coaster industry! :D

1 hour ago, fryoj said:

The first post in the thread has a link to the Notice of Commencement if you want to see it. 

Thanks! It is the one I was thinking of, actually! 

If this clearing is for the long speculated giga coaster (and I think it is), what area do you think this would be a part of?

Would it be a Coney Mall themed ride with a cool Coney name like the Shooting Star or the Wildcat?

Could it be an X-base theme like Firehawk or Flight of Fear? 

Or could it be my pipe dream scenario an Oktoberfest themed coaster with a German name!

*Bring back the Coney Mall sign! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KI Guy said:

If this clearing is for the long speculated giga coaste, r (and I think it is), what area do you think this would be a part of?

Would it be a Coney Mall themed ride with a cool Coney name like the Shooting Star or the Wildcat?

Could it be an X-base theme like Firehawk or Flight of Fear? 

Or could it be my pipe dream scenario an Oktoberfest themed coaster with a German name!

*Bring back the Coney Mall sign! 

I’m with you on wishing it’d be a German themed ride (I know it won’t be), Oktoberfest really needs a lot of love. Personally I think it’s going to go to X base (Which I hope gets a retheme...). Maybe it’ll go under racer and have the station in the old Dinosaurs Alive section which would make it apart of coney mall. The only issue I see with that is that it doesn’t allow much room for expansion. 

• Like 1

With what I’ve seen so far, I think it is most likely that the other side of Racer is going to be opened to foot traffic and the whole area is going to be considered part of Coney Mall. I think X-Base, which was never fully fleshed out, will be phased out as an area considered separate from Coney. 

I just can’t imagine a scenario in which it could come off of Oktoberfest, as appealing as a new Bavarian Beetle or coaster based on Krampus might sound :)

• Like 6

Personally, I'd love to see them stick with the X-Base sci-fi theme. Almost every major coaster Cedar Fair has done in recent years has had an old-timey theme, and it would be cool to see them go with something futuristic for the first time in a while. Plus in my opinion, Flight of Fear has by far the best theming at KI, so expanding upon that in some way would be great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

With what I’ve seen so far, I think it is most likely that the other side of Racer is going to be opened to foot traffic and the whole area is going to be considered part of Coney Mall. I think X-Base, which was never fully fleshed out, will be phased out as an area considered separate from Coney. 

As much as I'd like to see X-Base opened up, I think this is more likely. It has always felt more like an extension to Coney rather than a full blown section of the park. The only thing that bugs me is FoF doesn't really match with Coney, but at the same time, I'd hate for them to take away the UFO theming. 

I look for them to retheme it or just have it be part of Coney.  Some of the recent coaster installations across the chain (Copperhead Strike and Yukon Striker) have both gotten area refreshes.  I would love to see them move the Gliders back to that area like Carowinds did with Copperhead Strike.

• Like 1

I just want to point out that the gray track that we saw at the B&M plant looks painted to me. Non painted metal is usually rusty dark looking. This one is a light gray. Plus it's sitting outside where the finished track usually sits and it's labeled. If it is in fact track for our coaster, I would definitely look for a science like theme. Just my thoughts here. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Non painted metal is usually rusty dark looking. 

That's based on how long the unpainted/non-primed track sits outside. I've seen alot there, since I drive by every day. It is possible that the gray is the final color. Only time will tell. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I just want to point out that the gray track that we saw at the B&M plant looks painted to me. Non painted metal is usually rusty dark looking. This one is a light gray. Plus it's sitting outside where the finished track usually sits and it's labeled. If it is in fact track for our coaster, I would definitely look for a science like theme. Just my thoughts here. 

It could just be a primer coat. Primer would likely be gray. We had a discussion a while back on the Giga thread about whether CSF ever puts primered track outside, and someone said they have seen it before. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If our giga is gray track like in the photos, what color would y'all like the supports to be?

I think a dark purple would be cool.  Especially if they are looking to keep the X-base theme and have it look more futuristic.  

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic