Decoding 2020

fryoj

Maybe they could theme it to the Wright Brothers.  According to Wiki, the only time Orville took his father up in the air they traveled an estimated 350 above the ground.... seems like an appropriate starting point and would tie in nicely to Hanger 18

• Like 4

Maybe they could theme it to the Wright Brothers.  According to Wiki, the only time Orville took his father up in the air they traveled an estimated 350 above the ground.... seems like an appropriate starting point and would tie in nicely to Hanger 18

That. And name it “Ohio Flyers”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KI_FAN_4_LIFE said:

What are the chances that the new B&M project is a flyer? This would make the removal of Firehawk more acceptable.      

Anything is possible, but I would say it is unlikely.  The last thing they want is to spend $20+ million on a new coaster and have the preconceived consensus be that all they had done was rebuilt Firehawk.  I do think a flyer is in the park's future, but I'd be surprised if it's within the next 10 years. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

More acceptable than what? More acceptable for whom?

I think he's saying it would be more acceptable to the general public who lost the previous ride.  I understand his logic, although I do not entirely agree with it.

• Like 1

The last big coaster (Banshee) was inverted-so I hope the giga will be a more traditional coaster. Not sure what the B&M gigas are like, but i personally want something that replicates the speed and scale of Millennium Force-but goes through the woods. 

• Like 5

The excitement of the new season is here, and anticipation for a great new roller coaster is reaching a fever pitch!

Here are things we know

1. Firehawk has been torn down, and the land has been excavated.

2. Large amount of clearing has taken place behind The Racer.

3. Cedar Fair and Kings Island have a contract with B & M.

4. There are large amounts of track being made with MRT written on them.

Things we are speculating

1. Where is the track marked MRT going?

2. Is this summer the summer they finally announce a Giga?

3. What are they building deeper in the woods?

4.  Will we hype it up to much, and be disappointed?

I truly believe in about 4-6 weeks we will begin seeing teasers throughout the park, and by August 1 we will know what is happening.  Cedar Fair and Kings Island have been listening to the guest we received new antique cars, and a refurbished Istreet. I doubt we are let down, and will be seeing a record breaking Giga coaster.  Cedar Fair loves to break and make new records that is why I think this will be their most impressive Giga coaster yet.  I could not find any other park besides Hershey who was getting a large coaster. I will be surprised and disappointed if Kings Island does not receive its Giga.

• Like 4

I had a guy in line for Diamondback on passholder night tell me with the upmost "authority" that the giga will be 345 feet and anyone that doesnt know that... well I guess your not paying attention. 

As for me, last year was the first year I really paid any attention to rumors and speculation of what the park would be getting. I will admit to being sucked in totally by the trolling of the 5 is alive posters and other coincidental items that popped up only to be disappointed with the antique cars. This year Im just going to quietly watch from afar and expect more antique cars. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Anything is possible, but I would say it is unlikely.  The last thing they want is to spend $20+ million on a new coaster and have the preconceived consensus be that all they had done was rebuilt Firehawk.  I do think a flyer is in the park's future, but I'd be surprised if it's within the next 10 years. 

Or, even worse, think it's still Firehawk and not even know it's a new coaster. 

4 hours ago, KI_FAN_4_LIFE said:

What are the chances that the new B&M project is a flyer? This would make the removal of Firehawk more acceptable.      

They haven't built a flyer in this country in 10 years. There's almost no chance this will change that. 

3 hours ago, Joshua said:

Or perhaps, a Giga Flat? :D 

Or a Flat Giga :huh:

So do you guys think any other Cedar Fair Park will get a new coaster this year? It wouldn’t be that unlikely considering they installed a 30+ million dollar coaster at Carowinds and a 20+ million dollar coaster at Wonderland. At the moment I think the two parks that might get something is CGA (Doubtful still) and maybe Kings Dominion? There’s potential teasers already at the park.

• Like 1

^ To answer your question,  I wouldn't think so... Or at least, I don't envision a coaster coming to any of the other top 7 parks next year except KI.

2018:

CP - Steel Vengeance

KD - Twisted Timbers

KBF - Hangtime

CGA - Railblazer

2019:

Carowinds: Copperhead Strike

CW: Yukon Striker

2020:

KI - B&M

The timeline is fully in our favor atm.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Dorney has been rumored to get a coaster soon for quite a while with Stinger's removal.  

An RMC T. rex would be a decent fit for that park imo, low cost but high thrills. Kings Island is definitely the only park at the moment that has multiple different signs to back up a new coaster. 

• Like 3

^I could see that considering there are 0 RMC's in that region.  I had heard rumblings about a GCI, but that'd be kinda stupid considering the GCI captial of the world is an hour in one direction (all of HP's are running stellar), 2 of the best ranked woodies another 90 minutes away in Elysburg, and El Toro another hour away.  

I could see Eurofighter as well with CF working with Gerstlauer at Knott's.  

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic