Decoding 2020

fryoj

I honestly think that it would be a little too crowded and congested to put the coaster station in Coney Mall imo because of the cars being there and having to squeeze right by the cars and under Racer. Imo it would make more sense to put the station in the Firehawk area and have the coaster go through the cleared area. Plus I saw a video on YT where someone took pics from WindSeeker (which I'm not all for filming on rides due to park rules, safety, etc) and the clearing is actually larger and not as narrow as what we can see from the ET. Just my thoughts here. Plus, I don't think they want to leave that fence up right there for too long. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I want guess that those are the insured amounts. My best guess for Coney BBQ is that it is supposed to be $7.3MM, which is possible.

$7.3 mil for sprinklers in a building that small is way too much.

Doing the same basic layout of Fury got ~5000 feet. This one was ~5700. Furys actual is 6602.

I’m in complete agreement. I think that makes the most sense and Firehawk plot can still be used for a flat. Plus it’s less clearing they’ll have to do. Size wise this is what I’m hoping for.

9 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I’m in complete agreement. I think that makes the most sense and Firehawk plot can still be used for a flat. Plus it’s less clearing they’ll have to do. Size wise this is what I’m hoping for.

I'm not 100% it'll go all the way to the SOB plot. It could just go up into the old safari clearing and turn around there. I could also see the station ending up somewhere by the existing maintenance buildings and tying into X Base there. But overall, that layout does fit with rumors we've heard. 

51 minutes ago, medford said:

$7.3 mil for sprinklers in a building that small is way too much.

Makes me wonder if they replaced things elsewhere or had to do some work on a central system that has something to do sprinklers all over the park, not just in that building. They may of even had to replace a central system at some point, that just might explain the 7.3 million. But it would be a long shot that wouldn’t really make sense. It would make more sense if it was $73 grand or $7.3 grand 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

It will be interesting to see if we extend into the blue or yellow. I think we will need to see clearing in these two areas for this to be a Giga and drop into the old SoB area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree. With the clearing right now, no way a 300+ foot coaster would fit. Honestly, a dive would fit perfectly with the area cleared out now. Curiosu to see how it looks come late May/early June. 

Going along with other discussions, I also do not agree the station would be near WindSeeker. Just too crowded!

• Like 1

Just now, BoddaH1994 said:

C4E27EFE-E02A-4DFC-AA39-9B7B6B36371C.jpeg

The mystery land clearing now extends past the north Racer.

Hmm... I wonder how far they are going to go with the clearing... I will not be surprised if it extends back near Beast, and the park saves the land behind Banshee for a later project

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Hmm... I wonder how far they are going to go with the clearing... I will not be surprised if it extends back near Beast, and the park saves the land behind Banshee for a later project

definitely a real possibility. but I would think they'd still keep enough "landscaping"  around so that The Beast is not disturbed.  :)

• Like 2

With the size and shape of the clearing, it really does look like it would fit a giga coaster the best because all other types of coasters from B&M take up different shaped footprints, but there is still a slight possibly that a wing coaster like GateKeeper would work here

• Like 2

I’m thinking Giga. I just got off The Beast and there’s more clearing to the left of the break shed after the second small drop, and with the amount of clearing that could possibly take place in the coming months, this project could be for a record setting coaster.

Please don’t ask for pics of the clearing by The Beast. Phones should be away while riding. Thanks in advance.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Zayzayd13 said:

I’m thinking Giga. I just got off The Beast and there’s more clearing to the left of the break shed after the second small drop, and with the amount of clearing that could possibly take place in the coming months, this project could be for a record setting coaster.

Please don’t ask for pics of the clearing by The Beast. Phones should be away while riding. Thanks in advance.

If that is true, then I take back my previous post. :lol:

• Like 1

1a21739a259ea395f0cdb1520d074f5d.jpgf95f7ee9720f4e28db26a663c4be835c.jpg

From seeing the land clearing from several different rides (Racer, WindSeeker, The Beast, Banshee, and Diamondback), I would make a guess and say this would be the amount of space we may have to work with (as of now)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zayzayd13 said:

From seeing the land clearing from several different rides (Racer, WindSeeker, The Beast, Banshee, and Diamondback), I would make a guess and say this would be the amount of space we may have to work with (as of now)

What's the difference between the red and yellow perimeters? 

• Like 2

Just now, Zayzayd13 said:

The red has a bit more clearing north of Racer. That’s the only major difference.

I see that, but which one would you say is true to the actual clearing we're seeing...just trying to make sure I understand! 

• Like 1

I see that, but which one would you say is true to the actual clearing we're seeing...just trying to make sure I understand! 

Oh okay. Right now, I’d say yellow. However, the red outline isn’t too far off from what looks like is about to happen in the next few weeks or so.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic