Decoding 2020

fryoj

42 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:

1a21739a259ea395f0cdb1520d074f5d.jpgf95f7ee9720f4e28db26a663c4be835c.jpg

From seeing the land clearing from several different rides (Racer, WindSeeker, The Beast, Banshee, and Diamondback), I would make a guess and say this would be the amount of space we may have to work with (as of now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are clearing all the way back to The Beast's Brake Shed, that appears to be a larger plot of land than what Fury sits on.  I'll leave it to the experts, but if can fit all of Fury on my browser window at a 100' scale, I can not fit all of that clearing on a 100' on the same window.  I'm sure someone can overlay Fury into that plot of land to tell for sure, and certainly there could be more added into this area than just a coaster taking up the additional space, but this doesn't appear to be clearing for a winged coaster, or at least a short coaster, this clearing is for a behemoth.

• Like 2

It looks at least large enough to put Diamondback there now, so I think this will go giga.   Another thing to look at is how Firehawk's (115 ft) and Racer's (88 ft) lifts look in size.  Just scale them up a bit and make the lifts steeper (B&M gigas are 45 degree lifts with around 80 degree drops) and I can rationalize a giga size hill fitting in that space along with some elements that would fit a giga.  

• Like 1

Diamondback would essentially take up the space from the start of the maintenance sheds to about half way thru The Beast Brake Shed.  What has been cleared is bigger than Diamondback's footprint (assuming they have cleared back to the end of that brake shed as mentioned)

• Like 1

I also feel safe about completely ruling out a dive coaster at this point given the size of the clearing.  You'd only need Firehawk's footprint and a bit of clearing around the edges to put in a dive coaster, even a decent size one.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

I also feel safe about completely ruling out a dive coaster at this point given the size of the clearing.  You'd only need Firehawk's footprint and a bit of clearing around the edges to put in a dive coaster, even a decent size one.  

Yeah, while I had a Dive Coaster at #2 most likely a while back, now I'd drop it to #4 most likely. If not a Giga, this is a HUGE Wing Coaster or maybe Floorless. (I think we could be looking at a 200-foot tall and 5000+ foot long version of those coasters) Though at this size, both of those would also be crazy expensive, so I'm thinking this is a Giga since that's what so many have asked for since 2013'ish.

I also hope they keep it far enough from Beast that it doesn't mess with the seclusion that ride has- seeing Diamondback after you do the 1st turn outside the long tunnel mid-ride is already kinda jarring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McSalsa said:

I also hope they keep it far enough from Beast that it doesn't mess with the seclusion that ride has- seeing Diamondback after you do the 1st turn outside the long tunnel mid-ride is already kinda jarring.

I didn’t notice The Beast clearing until someone mentioned it here and then once I re-rode The Beast & I was able to notice it. Assuming there’s not a massive hill in that area it really isn’t going to be noticeable from The Beast. 

• Like 4

While anything is possible, I ruled out a Dive a long time ago.  1st, Cedar Pointe's is still fresh and I don't think they'd put one in at KI until its aged a bit.  Second, that area would be a terrible spot for a dive.  A dive needs to go either were Vortex or the Stunt coaster currently reside, or my preferred choide, where Invertigo and Congo Falls sit.  You want people to be able to sit and admire that coaster just hanging there before it drops, similar to how people just stare up at Drop Tower when they are in Action Zone.  Give em 10 years, and I think a drop would be a good plan for KI

• Like 4

can't do the photo shop but comparing the maps at the same scale, it would appear that GateKeeper would fit comfortably in the combined space of Firehawk and the dino's.  This clearing is much larger than that, all signs point to either a Giga, or perhaps an expanded X-base plus something like a Wing.  Would love to see the photoshop people do their magic and lay them over each other.

• Like 1

I'm not sold on wing or floorless for a few reasons.  B&M hasn't built any of their looping models (sans dive coasters) with hyper stats, most not close.  Alpengeist gets close, but that's the only one that comes close (and most of its size is due to the terrain where its built).  This would have to be a seriously scaled up floorless or wing coaster (look at how wide the clearing is, that's a lot of space to use). 

Though, I would hypothesize that if it is to be a wing or floorless, perhaps the clearing isn't just for the coaster, but also for a bit of an upgrade to X-Base paths and such (and perhaps, the restroom we all want :P ).  Like, most of the clearing closer to Beast would house the coaster and more of the bit towards Flight of Fear being the new midways and such, thus, the new coaster would anchor the new area.   

• Like 3

I will admit, when I post about this type of stuff, its kind of me thinking out loud.  Even if something is remotely possible, I just keep that in my head which is why I mentioned floorless.  I'd put wing over floorless for sure, but I'm definitely in the giga mindset at this point.  

• Like 4

Here you go, I created this using the Warren County GIS website.  Purple is already clear, Blue is the path of The Beast, Red is where I think the ride is going.  I turned on the topographical overlay so you can see why the coaster is taking this path.  This is the flattest area available, which ends in a large flat area perfect for a turn around.  Did a measurement using Google Maps and its around 2,600 ft from southern end to northern edge of the old Firehawk space.

846478366_KIClearing.thumb.jpg.76bbed5b5a620e198248603fc8c5e1f9.jpg

• Like 7

to me there is really only one option here. it almost has to be a giga considering the amount of space being cleared. A dive machine could be possible certainly as well as a wing but i think we are in for a real treat for 2020. All i can say is i love that we are back in speculation season :)

• Like 6

If this thing is going to somehow get close to The Beast, I begin to wonder if it will have a theme related to SOBs ‘return’. Perhaps it will finally get to snuggle up near its mama after all these years...

• Like 2

After seeing the pictures of the newest clearing, I think they're still going to add to it, not only because it's a bit too thin for a turn around element, but they also need to fit Clifford there to do the actual vertical construction. 

For those who weren't here for Banshee's construction, we referred to the cranes, often red, as Clifford. :P  

• Like 9

After seeing the pictures of the newest clearing, I think they're still going to add to it, not only because it's a bit too thin for a turn around element, but they also need to fit Clifford there to do the actual vertical construction. 

Yeah I don’t think they are nearly done yet. They had 3 days of good weather this week and it’s been wet the past 2. Actually surprised with how much they did get done.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Here you go, I created this using the Warren County GIS website.  Purple is already clear, Blue is the path of The Beast, Red is where I think the ride is going.  I turned on the topographical overlay so you can see why the coaster is taking this path.  This is the flattest area available, which ends in a large flat area perfect for a turn around.  Did a measurement using Google Maps and its around 2,600 ft from southern end to northern edge of the old Firehawk space.

846478366_KIClearing.thumb.jpg.76bbed5b5a620e198248603fc8c5e1f9.jpg

I lile the concept, but fear the ride would be too straight and narrow trying to fit down that alleyway. That is a great looking spot to have a coaster go to.

Whats the rule on how close it can get to Little Miami?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

C4E27EFE-E02A-4DFC-AA39-9B7B6B36371C.jpeg

The mystery land clearing now extends past the north Racer.

I was looking at this pic and trying to visualize some things and realized something staggering as to the scale. The lift on this thing will be taller than WindSeeker. O.O

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic