Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@FUN&ONLY! Just give them time. When they feel it's right for teasers, they will post them. 

On edit: I sound hypocritical there. Haha. :ph34r:

I agree, but who knows, maybe when Cedar Point opens up, we will see some teasers there referencing other parks like we did last year

• Like 2

Who else just wants to see some teasers already, so we can get a hint at a theme and the statistics?

I don’t think we’ll start seeing teasers until they start work where Firehawk plot was.

Removing that red building could also open up a larger plaza area and maybe a... wait for it... bathroom?!
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

I don’t think we’ll start seeing teasers until they start work where Firehawk plot was.

Removing that red building could also open up a larger plaza area and maybe a... wait for it... bathroom?!
:o dare we dream??? it would be really nice if they finally build one back there. I am so excited for all of this

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I don’t know about them all but I think this one is going...
8e04932fbf374ca46a6343434c89604f.jpg

I agree with ya there.  That white building next to it would have to go as well but then again I don’t have any clue what their doing haha.  A little slow at the firehouse today so plenty of time to zoom in on these pics and speculate.  Remember patience is a virtue...and I have none!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

*throw this into play* Ladies and Gentlemens, my prediction that everyone will follow.To show the giga.png

TAA DAA! My prediction!

While I don’t think all of this is going to happen, it would certainly be cool to see some of it come true!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

It'd be sweet if they could make the ride interact with the Flight of Fear building in some way.  

I dont know about that tbh, the Building doesn’t look that great in my opinion and I’d rather it not be anywhere near the thing. But I do agree that if it had to be next to the building it’d certainly be cool to have some interaction with it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

It'd be sweet if they could make the ride interact with the Flight of Fear building in some way.  

Maybe the lift could go over the Flight of Fear building, and the coaster would then turn around and go towards the rest of the clearing

Edit: Or the coaster could pass over the Flight of Fear building on the return trip

Edited by FUN&ONLY!
  • Like 1

Wouldn’t be too difficult to make the old photo op station near Firehawk into a bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shankapottapuss said:

I’m also curious about why half the loop and a single train for FH is still sitting there.    I’m assuming both will be used for a entrance/ride theme of some sort since they have been left out in the elements..?

It might be difficult to tell from the pictures but both trains are still there.  It’s pretty normal for trains to end up just sitting around when a coaster is removed, with the new building next to the boneyard they might be waiting until that is done to move the trains.

Saving a piece of track like this is strange.  Most likely they have an idea in mind, I expect to see it used in some theming.  When Universal Orlando replaced Hulk with a new copy of the ride they also kept a piece of track and put a figure of the Hulk ripping one of the old trains off the track over the entrance.

• Like 2

Ok guys so this is my first time being part of the speculation concerning a new ride, and I'm really enjoying reading this though I don't have much to add. I do have a question though about something I read in r/Rollercoasters. To keep it brief, in a thread about this very topic a guy said he was more expecting a wing coaster, when I asked why he said this

For starters, I don't think there's been any hard evidence pointing towards a giga outside of people trying to wish it into existence (myself included). They're an incredibly expensive addition, and they've recently only been placed in burgeoning/competitive markets (Toronto, Virginia/DC, Charlotte). Cincinnati is comparatively stagnant so it doesn't make a ton of financial sense to dump that kind of money into Kings Island.

Wing coasters are cheaper, they can get the same type of draw, and it'd objectively be a decent addition to the park. Though, once again, I'd love to be wrong on this.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I get what he's saying about the Cincinnati area, but at the same time it was my understanding that Kings Island is more heavily attended than Carrowinds which does have a Giga, I had also read somewhere that Cedar Fair intended to build Kings Island into more of a destination park than it is right now, though I don't have a source on that.

• Like 2

No way it's a wing coaster at this point IMO.  The wing coaster in question would have to be seriously scaled up because they lose tons of momentum with all the drag they create. Also, most wing coasters are meant to be visual centerpieces.  This clearing just juts out into the Ohio woods. All gigas that have been built are along the outer edges of their respective parks.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Has anyone been by Clermont Steel Fabricators lately? I wonder if any of that gray primed track has received its final coat yet emoji848.png

I drove by on thursday. All track is painted brown. Pretty sure all the track is going to hersheys for their new hyper.  No other colors of track were there. Only the hershey track

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Has anyone been by Clermont Steel Fabricators lately? I wonder if any of that gray primed track has received its final coat yet emoji848.png

Drove by earlier. All the track that was outside looks the same. But, was paying attention more to traffic and not so much the track. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

No way it's a wing coaster at this point IMO.  The wing coaster in question would have to be seriously scaled up because they lose tons of momentum with all the drag they create. Also, most wing coasters are meant to be visual centerpieces.  This clearing just juts out into the Ohio woods. All gigas that have been built are along the outer edges of their respective parks.

And what happens when a wing coaster gets scaled up? It cost a lot.... the argument against a giga just starts to fall apart at that, why build a massive wing coaster when you can build a giga coaster which only cost a bit more and deliver higher results.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

And what happens when a wing coaster gets scaled up? It cost a lot.... the argument against a giga just starts to fall apart at that, why build a massive wing coaster when you can build a giga coaster which only coast a bit more and deliver higher results.

I couldn’t agree more because as it looks right now, whatever model of coaster the park decides to build will have to be super scaled-up and will probably cost roughly the same as a giga (longer rollercoaster means more steel, and more steel means a higher price tag)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Ok guys so this is my first time being part of the speculation concerning a new ride, and I'm really enjoying reading this though I don't have much to add. I do have a question though about something I read in r/Rollercoasters. To keep it brief, in a thread about this very topic a guy said he was more expecting a wing coaster, when I asked why he said this

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I get what he's saying about the Cincinnati area, but at the same time it was my understanding that Kings Island is more heavily attended than Carrowinds which does have a Giga, I had also read somewhere that Cedar Fair intended to build Kings Island into more of a destination park than it is right now, though I don't have a source on that.

A wing would absolutely not be the same draw as a giga. That's an eye roller. Millinium Force is still a bigger deal at CP than GateKeeper and is many years older. Also, it wouldn't be that much cheaper. Even a wing would be $20 million +. As for markets, like you said, KI is on par of attendance with CP and CWon. KD and CWinds are, at least in the numbers that are accessible, significantly lesser in attendance. That matters more than the market. KI is one of their flagship parks. 

To "quote" the guy you referenced, theres even less evidence of a Wing than a Giga. Park management has gone on record(and someone else will have to find the reference) saying they were recommending the addition of a Giga. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Hershey isn't above letting new track sit all season before they put it up, at least that's what they did with Skyrush.  

Plus they kinda already announced it so it isn't much a secret. 

Double, but At some point CSF is going to need to free up space. Like you said, theres no reason they couldn't take delivery unless they don't have room. 

• Like 1

Another thing I've been wondering is about the Reveal event they do for new rides. How do you get into those usually? Is it something you just show up and line up for? Is it just media? How do you get into them essentially. If there's going to be one this year, I'm dying to go. 

I also don’t get the argument that Banshee and Mystic Timbers didn’t bring in the attendance numbers they were hoping. Why would they invest more money into a record breaking coaster when the last two didn’t achieve the attendance spike they were hoping...

IMO that’s the EXACT reason you build a Giga.

• Like 2

One of the things about decoding is that everyone is going to show some sort of bias to dissecting things.  Its not hard to rationalize a lot of things for this project.  Like, I can still rationalize a wing coaster as a possibility as much as a giga (like, say, most of the clearing towards Flight of Fear is a X-Base expansion while a wing coaster only takes up more of the land towards Beast).  

Part of why I like decoding is to see how everyone can rationalize their guesses.  

• Like 7

Another thing I've been wondering is about the Reveal event they do for new rides. How do you get into those usually? Is it something you just show up and line up for? Is it just media? How do you get into them essentially. If there's going to be one this year, I'm dying to go. 

You just show up and get in line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• malem locked this topic