Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, BeastlyTerri said:

I think the clearing with get bigger yet but I'm imagining something like this 

IMG_6265.JPG

As the clearing gets bigger the layout will change a bit but that’s more or less what I see too. Station over where Firehawk was, yeet through the woods over by/past The Beast, and come back.

As is, that clearing looks way too small for a giga but I’d bet they’re not done.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, refrigerator said:

Any ideas what these clearings could be for?

pics from sixohdieselrage

A4C78B67-6040-4452-8C45-F7EF3E3010E1.jpeg

Probably some sort of ride servicing facility or for pipe work or electrical work. That is a very small area to clear, and kind of far away from most of the clearing. Plus, one of the ride boneyards would be in plain view of a new coaster if it went out that way. It would be awesome if they are laying out the new coaster out that way though! Could be wrong though. 

• Like 2

It's good to be back to decoding. I missed the MT decoding thread as it was a busy time of my life, but I intend to follow this one.

This looks like it is going to be massive. The land cleared (so far) opens up enormous possibilities. I don't see how this is anything other than a giga.

Also, please save as many trees as possible!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MIAParkman said:

Wonderland got 4 coasters (1 family + 3 200-300ft B&M coasters), massive water park expansions, a new themed area and getting a resort, plus CW is also in line for a major expansion ala Carowinds. I was at the media day for YS and this was confirmed from upper management. And yes I am aware of that, but I don't see a giga as a wise business move for KI yet. Maybe I'm wrong, hope I am but I'm going strictly business wise. The ROI for Diamondback and Banshee was very weak and for MT, a family thrill ride, a huge success. Obviously, 2020 is Kings Island's year, but there's zero evidence this is a giga coaster, it can be anything. I'm also saying all this since I am a shareholder of CF and The main parks for most large investments are KBF, Caro, CGA, CP and even CW will get heavy investments as well. This doesn't exclude the other parks, but these four parks are the main ones. 

No one is arguing they aren't spending Money on CW. But some of that, and at Carowinds, is to get it up to the level of KI, CP, etc. KI already has a water park bigger than CW, plus a well rounded ride lineup, so they don't need to spend that money on it. That means they have more money to spend on big coaster. You just have given no sort of proof that they aren't spending money at KI. The opposite has actually been proven. Since 2009, they have built/are building 3 B&M's and a GCI. That's serious investment. There is more evidence that this a a giga than a wing. The Mike Kuntz interview linked above at least shows the park has been looking at a giga. Look at the other parks and see what CF has built. At CP they built a giga long before a wing or dive. At CW they built a Giga before a dive and do not have a Wing. At Carowinds they built a giga and do not have a wing or dive. So now you think at KI they will reverse that trend? Theres absolutely nothing saying they are even considering a Wing. 

3 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Keep in mind, KBF is open year round. 

KBF is a conundrum. It is year round and does big numbers, but is pretty limited on what they can do that. They don't seem to spend as much there as you'd think. It'll also always be in DL and SFMM's shadow.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, refrigerator said:

If and when they start pouring footers, look for the one in the following picture.

This is from Fury 325. Leviathan also had a footer exactly like this.  It is the start of the lift hill.  Dead giveaway for a B&M Giga or not.

CB8CBE93-C47E-4EB7-9BDA-B45C9AFA7FF7.jpeg

Nice observation.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, refrigerator said:

If and when they start pouring footers, look for the one in the following picture.

This is from Fury 325. Leviathan also had a footer exactly like this.  It is the start of the lift hill.  Dead giveaway for a B&M Giga or not.

BC6927D5-E0F5-42BD-BEBB-8BE7F735AF2D.jpeg

Along with that, the footers for the station are pretty obvious too. Hopefully we can start seeing these around June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, refrigerator said:

Hate to burst your bubble but please look through Gatrkeeper's construction pictures and Valraven. That appears to be a new thing on most of the newer B&M foster models. The key will be the base of the column exiting the first drop, the Gigas are the only ones that feature that type of footing at both pre lift and post drop locations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, refrigerator said:

I think the first drop will be located in those clearings and make a turn back up to the clearing close to The Racer. It's actually a significant amount of space, couple with they added on to a clearing that was already there makes me think they are making enough room for the amount of space needed for the long drop and turn.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rockfrog33 said:

Hate to burst your bubble but please look through Gatrkeeper's construction pictures and Valraven. That appears to be a new thing on most of the newer B&M foster models. The key will be the base of the column exiting the first drop, the Gigas are the only ones that feature that type of footing at both pre lift and post drop locations.

You sure about that? Just looked through GateKeeper construction and no where under the lift hill was a footer like the two that I tagged in my post.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I think the first drop will be located in those clearings and make a turn back up to the clearing close to The Racer. It's actually a significant amount of space, couple with they added on to a clearing that was already there makes me think they are making enough room for the amount of space needed for the long drop and turn.

Look at all this space they can use. Will be a crying shame if it's NOT a giga.

A4C78B67-6040-4452-8C45-F7EF3E3010E1.thumb.jpeg.57388b535fa10bdafa773ab5ed0ab2df.jpeg

• Like 2

Even though I am on the Giga band wagon, part of me wishes we would get a massive version of Maverick or a fast paced Copper Head Strike that uses the terrain to its advantage.  

This wouldn’t be a bad move in the future, however, if Kings Island builds a giga, this is the time and this will most definitely be the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zayzayd13 said:

Why do people think that’s all the clearing that’s going to happen and the park has only been open for 2 weekends? R-E-L-A-X. It’s still April.

To play devils advocate, during Banshee's construction, we already had footers in April.

6 hours ago, refrigerator said:

Those were already cleared in October, so aren't necessarily tied to the new coaster. 

• Like 1

Those were already cleared in October, so aren't necessarily tied to the new coaster. 

To play devils advocate, all the land for Banshee was already cleared thanks to demolition of Son of Beast. On top of that, the Thunder Alley. Mystic Timbers Construction really pick up until August really, and Diamondback (although I was young) I don’t recall all of the land for Diamondback being cleared in 2008. Give it time. The park just opened and people are already like “Is that all?”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, refrigerator said:

With the relatively small amount of land and the fact that it looks to be leveled out, I think those reds circle along with the structure going up by the boneyard are going to be a new overall maintenance building area.  My thoughts are because they are much farther away from the other clearing and it would make sense if they are redoing Xbase for a new land/remodeled land to take out the bottleneck of the current maintenance area. 

It is hard to judge by the picture but the pad where a building is being constructed by the boneyard is roughly 172 ft long (using Google Earth and taking into approximation compared to the length it is compared to the existing boneyard (Approximately 238 ft long).  Even if you just look at being 75 ft. wide that gets you to 12,900 sq. foot.  The white building closest to the back is approximately 43' by 62' (2,666 sq. foot) and the red building right beside it is approximately 63' by 170' (10,710 sq. foot).  The red building would easily fit into that space and the white building almost does when you combine the two.  It is hard to measure the exact size of the new space and with the estimates of the existing buildings it is quite possible they could be combined those two into that space beside the boneyard.

If you take into account the other two circles, they could easily fit the other building sizes into those areas.  That would free them up to do whatever they wanted with the existing maintenance area to build restrooms, a restaurant, and the new coaster along with the ability to add future flats in that area.

• Like 4

I do, in fact, believe the park is replacing some, if not all, of their maintenance buildings because it would allow them to drastically increase the size of X-Base and make it more roomy to accommodate for the increased foot traffic of a new attraction

However, I do not see them demolishing the current maintenance buildings until some of the ones under contraction are completed because the park needs those to work on rides and launch fireworks throughout the operating season

• Like 6

3 hours ago, presto123 said:

Look at all this space they can use. Will be a crying shame if it's NOT a giga.

A4C78B67-6040-4452-8C45-F7EF3E3010E1.thumb.jpeg.57388b535fa10bdafa773ab5ed0ab2df.jpeg

This space has been cleared for quite a while. I looked at some Google maps satellite images, and that has been a clearing for a while. Now, they have gotten a little larger, but these are older clearings. Link to the images is below. 

https://www.google.com/maps/search/kings+island/@39.3435127,-84.2596378,633m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:45 PM, RuthlessAirtime said:

That doesn’t look big enough for a giga, but it’s still huge. Whatever is going in is gigantic.

if they clear that out any further, I will have no reservations betting on a giga.

Based upon what they've cleared to date, there is enough potential room there that they could challenge Steel Dragon 2000 for longest coaster if they desired.  I'm not saying they will, but this will definitely be a Giga; there is way more than enough room there for that.

• Like 7

I don’t think they are quite there yet...

Here is measurements of Fury 325.
7d2f8e28eb4de6ff906e5b055412e01b.jpg
Here is measurement for what has been cleared to date.
fcb4a10bf4e2b3a716f56e2c437d4de2.jpg
I do think by this weekend we will know how far this will extend. If you follow this to the end of the ridge this is the potential length. It could be a record breaker in length for sure if they clear that extra piece.
2209c13784c1c54af51aa762b6eaf564.jpg

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic