Decoding 2020

fryoj

^  Its going to be a quieter B&M like Banshee and Diamondback and riding on Beast is pretty racketey in terms of noise on its own.  

Does anyone else remember the time Diamondback had a loud roar (along the lines of Kumba and Raptor)? I may be the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’m not 100% sure that noise will be much of an issue with this ride. It will be tucked in the back corner of the park, the only issue would be its close proximity to Racer and WindSeeker and I believe that racer is a pretty loud ride compared to a B&M Giga. I agree with you @Zayzayd13 Fury is Very quiet for a coaster

• Like 1

I love it when I am climbing the hill on Mystic Timbers and I see a Diamondback train gracefully pass over the 2nd hill.  

FURY 325 has a magnificent sound.  It's like a muffled roar over the front entrance, almost like a "swoosh."  Sounds very futuristic to me.  

I wasn't really into roller coasters when Diamondback debuted, but I remember seeing a video of some test runs when KIC had an event before it opened.  It definitely was much louder then--kind of wish it still was.  I love a good roar on a coaster.  Mystic Timbers has a great roar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, calakapepe said:

I too had this thought about the orientation of an overall lift hill. I think it'd be better to not have it parallel to the 2nd tallest coaster in the park;

Parallel to Banshee? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

I would kill for an RMC Beast. Maybe I’d actually ride it more than once/zero times per visit if they did that.

I realize it will likely never happen but can you imagine barrel rolling through the woods instead of the wooden monorail we have currently? Hoo boy.

Your wish has been rewarded: 

You have two left.

• Like 4

If this indeed is a giga (and I’m 99.999% sure that it is), what are us poor, Kings Island fanatics going to beg for next? Once it’s here, it’s here. Just looking towards the future.

A new skyride.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MIAParkman said:

Fury 325 is quiet, Leviathan is loud but they did put sand on the drop portion a few years after it opened due to complaints from neighbours. 

There are several B&M Coasters that have the tracks filled with sand in the hollow track pieces due to noise. I have heard that GateKeeper is has portions filled with sand as well, but I do not know if that is true or not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I wasn't really into roller coasters when Diamondback debuted, but I remember seeing a video of some test runs when KIC had an event before it opened.  It definitely was much louder then--kind of wish it still was.  I love a good roar on a coaster.  Mystic Timbers has a great roar.

One coaster that has a good “roar” is Raptor at CP. it’s iconic to the midway. I personally think Rougarou is overwhelmingly loud though.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

One coaster that has a good “roar” is Raptor at CP. it’s iconic to the midway. I personally think Rougarou is overwhelmingly loud though.

The roar of coasters and the sound of the lifts are iconic to any amusement park with coasters! :D  I remember the most exciting things to hear at KI as a kid were the screams from Drop Zone and the Face/Off roar. Also, I kind of miss that noisy lift chain from Firehawk. It had that "click click" charm of a chain lift that could be heard throughout the Coney Mall. We could hear it over The Racer when I worked at the Skyline and Subway in the Coney Mall. Also, the Firehawk roar was pretty awesome too! 

Sorry nostalgia set in! 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, LondonFreak said:

The roar of coasters and the sound of the lifts are iconic to any amusement park with coasters! :D  I remember the most exciting things to hear at KI as a kid were the screams from Drop Zone and the Face/Off roar. Also, I kind of miss that noisy lift chain from Firehawk. It had that "click click" charm of a chain lift that could be heard throughout the Coney Mall. We could hear it over The Racer when I worked at the Skyline and Subway in the Coney Mall. Also, the Firehawk roar was pretty awesome too! 

Sorry nostalgia set in! 

Speaking of iconic sounds... that Son of Beast chain in Action Zone. I loved that so much.

• Like 6

Great Bear's got a really good roar, not only just it being loud, but because its in a valley, it echos a bit as well. 

All the NJFTP B&M's got solid roars as well.  

The quietest B&M's have to be at Dorney.  Talon and Hydra are almost too quiet.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

I disagree! I think Raptor is too loud (specifically, the cobra roll area near Valravn) and this disturbs its neighbors*. On the other hand, Rougarou’s roar is great as it ties in with the theme of a beast on the bayou.

*I also think Diamondback is annoyingly loud, specifically the drop while walking by.

• Thanks 1

What would be everybody's ultimate 2 color scheme and theming for this new coaster if you could be the one to decide? Me: think Seattle Seahawks uniforms. Fluorescent green combined with dark blue. Alien/outer space theming. You?

• Like 4

Could we possibly see a retheme of FoF and the whole X-Base area redone into Outpost 5.  I do remember seeing quite a few references to Outpost 5 over the past year. 

Would have to go back and find the tweet but either Don or Chad had posted pics on Twitter during winterfest of blue ice cream hot chocolate being delivered to news stations and said there was a hint to a coming KI attraction.  In ever photo, the number 5 was present. Plus various decorations from haunt had outpost 5 markings.

Either they have already started teasing or it was an elaborate troll.  Lol

Either way, would be cool to see homage to SoB. Not to mention, possible explanation of why the clearing is so close to The Beast.

• Like 1

Thinking of a giga I think a charcoal grey with medium blue track would be pretty sweet,  example Blue Hawk SFOG.  I imagine X Base will change drastically with this addition,  while I do love Flight of Fear I would be happy to see it adjust with the new ride.   Maybe even change X Base to Outpost 5,  update but respect Flight of Fear, reach the sky with the giga, and in a year or two add a Sky Roller or something like that in the area.  Everything could keep the spirit of the area and improve simultaneously. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

*I also think Diamondback is annoyingly loud, specifically the drop while walking by.

I agree with this,  especially when sitting down by potato works to eat something.  The loud noise it makes at the bottom of the first hill is weird. 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic