Decoding 2020

fryoj

Yes this is likely just an Easter egg. I do think it is pretty cool how CF has been tying all the parks together with these various posters. I think they have realized the full abilities of social media. Marketing is doing a great job and these posters and tributes are pretty awesome!

• Like 8

They're theming and nothing more. Small, detailed touches to help round out the area.

When the park starts teasing the new attraction, it will be obvious. And only at the park the ride is going in.

• Like 8

I would like to see black supports with forest green track and orange trains for the section where it is going to run parallel to The Beast break run.  That would really enhance the worst part of The Beast.  Especially if they can make that section roar.  I think that would really add to The Beast experience.  Hearing an oncoming roar, looking over and through the trees catching a glimpse of something big and orange booking through the forest at 80-90 MPH.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Bwb.32 said:

I definitely like the idea of a yellow and black color or go with either orange or brown track and silver supports.

I'd put the chances of a yellow and black coaster being built in Cincinnati as somewhere below 0.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Can we start a GoFundMe page for@sixohdieselrage? I would like to fund his buddies fuel costs to get up In the air every week and provide us with some photos!

I second this, totally willing to support it since hes providing us such a service!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

I would support this @sixohdieselrage. What plane do you fly in? What is they fuel cost per flight hour? How long are you up in the air normally? Just curious.

Also my 100th post! :D I’m really enjoying being a part on this wonderful community full of so many awesome people!

A Cessna. 

Expensive. Not exactly sure how much, as it slightly varies per day. 

A while.  Usually an hour total. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bwb.32 said:

I figured this one might be worth mentioning too since it references FOF, credit again to: https://www.coaster101.com/2019/04/06/examining-the-easter-eggs-of-carowinds-blue-ridge-junction/

EasterEgg-600x483.jpg

5920 is the extension for King’s Island’s communications center. So if there was an in park emergency any employee would call that number from any phone in the park. It also can be reached outside too, 754-5920. The article speculates that it is related to Cedar Point but I disagree 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TristinTargaryen said:

Apparently this was found at Carowinds...

60FEB149-9BD0-486A-871F-4E70829DFA51.png

Whoever created this has a very good knowledge of KI Operations.

As a previous poster said, 29 = non-operational ride.  4661 and 4660 were Firehawk's phone numbers.  Clear-Going-Down = one of the spiels at Sky Flyer.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

It’s hard to speculate on a color without knowing the theme. If it was alien based I’d go green or dark blue track with black supports. If it somehow ties into beast I’d go orange track with silver supports.

If they want to add to the Maverick/Steel Vengeance/Beast/Diamondback universe, I could see maroon/orange/red....If X-base/aliens it could be green/grey/dark.....if it's coney/all-american I'd love to have it be simply white supports with navy blue track. 

14 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Yes this is likely just an Easter egg. I do think it is pretty cool how CF has been tying all the parks together with these various posters. I think they have realized the full abilities of social media. Marketing is doing a great job and these posters and tributes are pretty awesome!

Easter egg or troll bait, I would guess it is just to get people talking and have us do the social media footwork for them. Quite brilliant.

14 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

^^glow in the dark paint would actually be really cool! Especially if they themed it to Aliens/space.

I was thinking something similar or with the change with temperature paint could work, but it might not be optimal in the summer. 

Imagine an LED package of lights that “chase “ or look like they are afterburn/tracers for at night if they use an X-base theme.

2 hours ago, LintemuthStudios said:

He is suggesting 7000+ feet of track and over 350 lift hill... here is to hoping this has some merit or is on the conservative side of guesstimates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Waltny said:

He is suggesting 7000+ feet of track and over 350 lift hill... here is to hoping this has some merit or is on the conservative side of guesstimates.

i mean if you ask me these kind of stats make sense. Cedar Fair likes to break its own records and i think it only makes sense from a marketing standpoint to build something taller and longer than Fury 325.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, New Horizons said:

i mean if you ask me these kind of stats make sense. Cedar Fair likes to break its own records and i think it only makes sense from a marketing standpoint to build something taller and longer than Fury 325.

I would agree, my only point in mentioning it is that most other speculation I’ve heard so far barely has it taller, longer or faster than fury(and that we should consider ourselves lucky if we get that). Maybe it’s to keep being dissapointed at a minimum after it’s all said and done if that is true... anyhow I wonder how close it will get to 7359 if it clears 7000+.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic