Decoding 2020

fryoj

Judging by these two screenshots of Midway Mayhem's video, I noticed two things. 

@pkiknex25 made a note of the spine. The gray spine is definitely "taller".Screenshot_20190502-163256_YouTube.jpg

Two, the black text next to a date appears to be a signature of someone. And the numbers appear mostly be MCR F9632, with a varied #number after. So, is it safe to assume the other number would be for a different coaster?Screenshot_20190502-163451_YouTube.jpg

• Like 2

^ Why do you mean by other number, are you referring to the 18? The rollercoasters have the same paint job so theyre almost certainly going to Hershey (Not referring to the gray track) the number could mean several different things, could be the order the track gets shipped out, could be the order the track was made, could be the order the track needs to be installed ect. There’s several different shots of the gray track that appear to be absolutely massive (Granted B&M track is huge to begin with) id say give it a week and we might see Back Bone. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, medford said:

Seems to be a lot of pieces already in production for the MCT coaster.  So, its largely assumed MCR track is going to Hersey (has that been officially announced) and no one is quite sure what happened to MCS, but aside from KI, are there any other parks with obvious signs of a large coaster build in the works?  Lots of places over seas that may go unnoticed, but I'd imagine if MCT is going in the US, there would be obvious signs of it by now.  All signs point to MCT coming to KI, and it being huge.

The tags on the Brown track literally say hersheypark on them. The fb page linked earlier has a pic of the tag. 

24 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think that MCT is hyper/giga coaster track. I think MC stands for mega coaster. If you look back at Yukon Striker construction, the track for YS was labeled DMG. 

You are correct. Their letter codes for coaster track have long been established. 

11 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Judging by these two screenshots of Midway Mayhem's video, I noticed two things. 

@pkiknex25 made a note of the spine. The gray spine is definitely "taller".

Two, the black text next to a date appears to be a signature of someone. And the numbers appear mostly be MCR F9632, with a varied #number after. So, is it safe to assume the other number would be for a different coaster?

The primered track is station track. The brown track it's next to isn't so it may not be an apples to apples comparison. The MCR is Hershey. The MCT is another hyper/giga. The F number looks consistent across the single coaster and is just an internal numbering most likely. The other number "#18" is probably track piece order for easier installation. 

I was assuming the gray track was just primered, and the writing on that seemed to confirm that until I realized the Hershey track says the same thing. I still think its just primered as its a flat look vs the shiny paint of the finished track, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. 

As for the writing, it looks like "Primer & Flngs" to me which could be flanges. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@fryoj You must have missed my point. Oh well. 

Apparently. To read it as written it suggests that you think they are making two brown Hypers. I was pretty sure that wasn't what you were suggesting. 

• Like 2

I'm not convinced those grey pieces are fully painted.  Even a grey would have a bit of a shine to it like you see on the brown pieces.

Track thickness also isn't a good indicator.  Most B&M's change thickness throughout their course (ex. DB's track thickness on the bottom of the first drop is huge compared to the track on the return hills).  

EDIT: Also important is the label.  Assuming B&M hasn't changed up their labels, under Part No, the first 2 letters indicate type.  The MC you see with the HP pieces stand for Mega Coaster, which is what B&M labels all their hypers and gigas (since B&M giga's are essentially scaled up hyper coasters).  It any track shows up without MC, it isn't for HP or KI  (assuming KI is getting a giga).  

For other labels, I know IC is for inverted, I think DM or DC is dive coaster (though that'd be more obvious in most cases since most dive coasters have wider track), I think either LC or SC is looping coaster/sitting coaster (which is likely floorless), FC is flying, and though I've never seen a label for a wing coaster, I imagine it'd be WC.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

I'm really surprised they put the park on the label.  They used to omit that. 

In any case it probably didnt matter in this case as it was an *finger quotes* announced coaster. possibilty is the official label stickers got slapped on after the video by hershey showing the ride was released.

• Like 1

@ldhudsonjr I mean, I can get a view others easily cant.  So, you could say that I can see when footings are poured before others. 

@DubVLegend They have their gantry crane out with a piece lifted off the ground. Im going to go back by in a few to snap a pic. I'll add it to this post. On edit, looks like they are bringing it outside from the paint room. 

20190502_183753.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, New Horizons said:

currently i see no reason why the last cedar park that could reasonably get a giga wouldn't just go all out and make it the tallest fastest and longest now that the other gigas have had there time to shine . if you ask me KI needs a coaster that really puts it on the map. sure we have The Beast but even that isn't universally loved like fury 325 for example. 

do we know if this is painted grey track or if this is just primed? im still hoping we dont get a grey giga :(

Primer, it evens says so on the end

• Like 1

The brown looks clearly done and for Hershey. The other look close at the color its really flat and compare it to the ends on the HP track, same color. I'm 90% sure it's primer, have they set pieces outside in primer before though?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fryoj said:

So does that make that brown primer? 

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 7.06.47 PM.png

possible they just didnt remove the primer tag, the track may not be final coated yet, so ther tag would remain, or its just not needed to be removed as if its the known final color, you would assume it isnt primer anymore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't see a reason to use a brown primer? Grey would cover easily, also this track appears to have a gloss to it.

EDIT: Also the end has grey primer on the HP track so why 2 coats of different color primer??

• Like 3

After looking online, HP already has footings poured in the ground, maybe even enough to go vertical mid-summer (I imagine they'll want to get a good early start on the coaster as they also have to build a new park entrance as well), so perhaps the plant is going to finish with the HP project before the KI project since KI doesn't even have footings dug out yet.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

After looking online, HP already has footings poured in the ground, maybe even enough to go vertical mid-summer (I imagine they'll want to get a good early start on the coaster as they also have to build a new park entrance as well), so perhaps the plant is going to finish with the HP project before the KI project since KI doesn't even have footings dug out yet.  

that makes a lot of logistical sense, im sure theyd still keep a minor barebones amount of people working on the MCT track and anything else going on, but getting the hershey track out seems to be their mission critical focus as of now. 

I speak only from expierence working in a logistics production facility, but im sure the MCT track, if it is for KI, will pick major production focus back up when it is needed to be as the construction on site furthers.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic