Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, DonkeyKong said:

Just so I know, are you arguing that we can’t rule out grey as the final color for the MCT track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing can be ruled out. Even if it's just primer coat, they can still roll it back in and paint it grey.

5 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

This track(One in the very back) looks absolutely huge, anyone know if that’s backbone? I’m guessing maybe not since I don’t see an area for the chain lift.

It's that piece. Transition piece. Not sure if thats the piece that goes from station to transfer track or station to lift. 

59183171_2334997703412501_57273461777755

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

Nothing can be ruled out. Even if it's just primer coat, they can still roll it back in and paint it grey.

It's that piece. Transition piece. Not sure if thats the piece that goes from station to transfer track or station to lift. 

59183171_2334997703412501_57273461777755

Would it possibly be a block section piece?

• Like 2

Block sections as in block brakes which are what mid-course brake runs, final brakes, and station brakes have which have the sensors that keep the trains from going into occupied block sections and thus, preventing collisions. 

That's what I'd say those pieces are.  You can see the studs on top that will hold the sensors.  

For example- Vortex has 5 block sections- the station, the lift, the mid-course brakes, the final brakes, and the brakes on the transfer track immediately before the station. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Obviously no one here can see the future, but if past seasons are any indication, at what point do you expect we may start seeing teasers in the park?

Maybe we already have?

I was talking to a very smart friend earlier this evening, and he mentioned a certain name popping up /way/ more prominently than other defunct rides within the Antique Autos theming.

I know that in the past the man who does these theming posters/signs/etc for Cedar Fair has not necessarily had any inside information or direction for his references. From what I have heard, he is given no inside information and his inclusion of references and Easter eggs is mostly directed by his own love of the parks and knowledge of the histories.

So, generally it has been a real reach to think that a poster up at CP or over at Carowinds means anything about what is to come at KI even if references are made.

However, there is nothing to PREVENT the parks from feeding him information they would like to include, just because they haven’t in the past...

I was personally a little let down when there were no teaser signs on the fence when the park opened. But my friend wakened me to the possibility that there /were/ teasers and I’ve just been predisposed to discount them being that.

Only time will tell!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Block sections as in block brakes which are what mid-course brake runs, final brakes, and station brakes have which have the sensors that keep the trains from going into occupied block sections and thus, preventing collisions. 

That's what I'd say those pieces are.  You can see the studs on top that will hold the sensors.  

Well, it has station wrote on it, so we know its a station piece. Fairly positive its the one that meets up to this piece like seen on fury. The last piece before it goes into the lift. This also means the station goes straight into the lift and doesn't curve. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 7.51.56 PM.png

Fury31-600x450.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

For example- Vortex has 5 block sections- the station, the lift, the mid-course brakes, the final brakes, and the brakes on the transfer track immediately before the station. 

That's a better explanation thank you. Turns out I may be right now but I was initially thinking of the tires before the lift.

• Like 1

Guys/Gals... this is obviously not the final paint color and is just a primer. The Hershey track has manufacturing dates written anywhere from early March through now. There are 98 photos on Midway Mayhem site. I suggest you check them out. Here is previously primed then painted sections of various coasters and they all have the same primer color. We can’t rule out Gray but I’d say it is highly unlikely as the finish coat. Banshee1b8d1a9a69911b6cd66773df17d76a48.jpg Valraven baa065653d87653efea083248cba12d4.jpg Fury 32559dd94093b982970763b6a0116510ce4.jpg

• Like 3

Other than the wide dive coaster track, the track shape between models is nearly identical.   Its near impossible to tell them apart with no labels otherwise unless you're really keen on, say, the differences in design lines on curvy track between the upright track and the inverted track.  

• Like 4

Just now, sixohdieselrage said:

I'll just let you guys talk about the pieces, and I'll just stick to getting my pictures. LOL

On behalf of everyone else gnawing at the bit for anymore information, please show us the photos!

• Thanks 1

I just realized, that's the piece that meets the transfer track It's the one shown in the Fury pic above. The other side is in the pic [mention=10329]ohiocoasterfan[/mention] just posted.  Actually it's marked transfer in that pic. 
59183171_2334997703412501_5727346177775501312_o.thumb.jpg.76476bc1c1d2231a9d90889de53d600b.jpg

The transfer piece in the photo I posted is labeled as MCR. I think that is for the Hershey transfer not MCT.
  • Like 2

Just now, ohiocoasterfan said:

The transfer piece in the photo I posted is labeled as MCR. I think that is for the Hershey transfer not MCT.

God catch. Not sure why it's sitting there and not painted. 

11 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I'll just let you guys talk about the pieces, and I'll just stick to getting my pictures. LOL

So when you get your next KI pics, you are going to do a low flyover of CSF right? ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Zooming in on these pictures shares a lot of information. We can find that the grey pieces, from left to right, are labeled as follows: MCR Transfer (Hershey), MCT (here on out) ST3, ST1, ST2, ST5.  Then a gap of 3 Hershey lift pieces, then continuing with ST6, MCT Transfer, ST7, ST4, a short piece unlabeled, and finally ST9.

Thinking out loud, I would guess that ST1&2 will the first pieces of the final brake run, with ST3 beginning a downward slope of brakes. STs4-6 are all straight, and the brake run will level out with ST7. Moving on, we see that the short unlabeled piece has a transfer end on the near side, and thinking this piece might be ST8 isn't a rash thought. Now there are two curve pieces in the office lot with the same profile as the ST tracks, and I think a turn between ST7 and ST8 makes most sense as the track will be close to level there.

Now, the transfer track is a single piece I believe. If there was a second, I think they'd be labeled transfer 1 and transfer 2. Looking at pictures and POVs, a single piece transfer also matches up with Fury and Leviathan, at around 45-50 feet long. With that said, it's not unreasonable to say that a train would be able to fit on a single piece of any of these full length pieces. So looking at ST9 (also with reason to believe this has the other transfer end), could that be our loading station track leading straight into the lift hill? I think so.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Tomorrow being Friday... is anyone going to be at the park to update us on any further clearing? I think it will be hard to tell.

I'll be there tomorrow. Probably won't actually be in the park until like 11-12 but I'll see what I can see!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

If MCR is Hershey’s hyper and MCT is potentially our giga/someone else’s hyper, do we know about MCS?

Either something out of order, cancelled, or was skipped.

My theory is it was supposed to be for CGA, the park requested FAA clearance, went to the city council looking for permission to build a hyper.  Then cancelled everything.  I have a few guesses as to why it’s on hold but I suspect give it another year or two and it will show up.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Either something out of order, cancelled, or was skipped.

My theory is it was supposed to be for CGA, the park requested FAA clearance, went to the city council looking for permission to build a hyper.  Then cancelled everything.  I have a few guesses as to why it’s on hold but I suspect give it another year or two and it will show up.

They were supposed to get the hyper in 2020 yes, it got cancelled for many reasons (change of plans). It won't be the first time CF changed plans, Yukon Striker was purchased in 2015 to open in 2016 and CF at the last minute delayed the project and built Valravn. Perhaps It happened again for KI or another park, it happens. As for the track on site, there's no evidence that the non-painted track is headed for KI, so until track shows up on site or there's evidence, I wouldn't put my hopes up for a giga. And maybe it'll be a different manufacturer and B&M will be there to upgrade current rides made by them. 

• Confused 2

• malem locked this topic