Decoding 2020

fryoj

Ope, there's new coaster speculation. Yall know what that means! 

((thoe124 has returned to the discussion))

Maybe this time i'll stick around after they announce it 

Anyway, I made a quick NL2 rendering of this thing based on what track pieces we currently have. 

1220048192_ScreenShot2019-05-02at11_22_46PM.thumb.png.2bf957e24bbd7ae241f78b0b2c15f221.png

All the current pieces ^

614865346_ScreenShot2019-05-02at11_40_48PM.thumb.png.4b14ecf264e9930eb21c2da588fcff5a.png

Side view of pieces + what they will likely build ^

• Like 10

1 minute ago, MIAParkman said:

They were supposed to get the hyper in 2020 yes, it got cancelled for many reasons (change of plans). It won't be the first time CF changed plans, Yukon Striker was purchased in 2015 to open in 2016 and CF at the last minute delayed the project and built Valravn. Perhaps It happened again for KI or another park, it happens. As for the track on site, there's no evidence that the non-painted track is headed for KI, so until track shows up on site or there's evidence, I wouldn't put my hopes up for a giga. And maybe it'll be a different manufacturer and B&M will be there to upgrade current rides made by them. 

i dont get how people can still think its not a giga at this point.

also if any other manufacture was building in 2020 it would have been filed with the city. B&M is our manufacture and there is giga track at the plant as well a MASSIVE clearing at KI. i understand keeping your hopes in check but really there is not much speculating to do if you ask me. we are getting a giga for 2020. the real question is what the theme/color will be and maybe some layout predictions.

• Like 7

They were supposed to get the hyper in 2020 yes, it got cancelled for many reasons (change of plans). It won't be the first time CF changed plans, Yukon Striker was purchased in 2015 to open in 2016 and CF at the last minute delayed the project and built Valravn. Perhaps It happened again for KI or another park, it happens. As for the track on site, there's no evidence that the non-painted track is headed for KI, so until track shows up on site or there's evidence, I wouldn't put my hopes up for a giga. And maybe it'll be a different manufacturer and B&M will be there to upgrade current rides made by them. 

With all the evidence at hand If you aren’t getting your hopes up for a giga then what are you getting your hopes up for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Tomorrow being Friday... is anyone going to be at the park to update us on any further clearing? I think it will be hard to tell.

As of now, planning on going down tomorrow evening. If we do, I'll definitely try to get some new pics. Hoping for more clearing. I'd love to see 8150' track length. Lol

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

i dont get how people can still think its not a giga at this point.

also if any other manufacture was building in 2020 it would have been filed with the city. B&M is our manufacture and there is giga track at the plant as well a MASSIVE clearing at KI. i understand keeping your hopes in check but really there is not much speculating to do if you ask me. we are getting a giga for 2020. the real question is what the theme/color will be and maybe some layout predictions.

I'm 99% convinced. Kings Island has never been super heavy handed about removing trees for their coasters. Assuming the manufacturer is B&M based off the legal docs... The area cleared as of right now is too wide for a wing, and too long for a dive. Unless its something totally new B&M is doing or plans have changed, I can't see anything else.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I was talking to a very smart friend earlier this evening, and he mentioned a certain name popping up /way/ more prominently than other defunct rides within the Antique Autos theming.

That is a great observation. I am not sure if that is anything more than a tribute to the ride that once sat in that spot, but I do like Zodiac as the name. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, MIAParkman said:

And maybe they are just cutting down trees to make a new wood coaster for Wonderland....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mod friendly reminder: Please make sure when adding pictures that are not yours to add a link to the source. We want to respect the author of others content by providing an active link to their work.  A "found on FB" is not enough. Youtube videos are fine, they contain the link

Thank You!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Excited to see what kind of clearing has happened this week.  20 minutes until the park opens!

i was planning to go to the park for a bit just to check out clearing and get some rides in. post pics if you get some!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Be careful, the weather is kinda nasty down here (I live just a few minutes from the park). But, it should clear up this afternoon. I actually plan on coming up this evening for my first visit this year.

i was literally on my way to the park to try to get some rides and pic of the construction site but it started raining pretty hard. i turned around and went home haha

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I think probably the best spot to see if there is additional clearing would be WindSeeker, Vortex lift hill, and riding Beast. No photos while riding!

Yeah, try to ride WindSeeker and see if clearing goes back any further. Too hard to tell with all the leaves on trees now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Yeah, try to ride WindSeeker and see if clearing goes back any further. Too hard to tell with all the leaves on trees now.

I’m already out in the parking lot, just stopping in for some pictures before work calls. 

One item of note, as I was almost to the car a 1.5 or 2 ton dump truck went by with a bunch of the trees and stumps from what I would suspect is the clearing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Waltny said:

I’m already out in the parking lot, just stopping in for some pictures before work calls. 

One item of note, as I was almost to the car a 1.5 or 2 ton dump truck went by with a bunch of the trees and stumps from what I would suspect is the clearing.

Thanks for the pics and info. Looks like they are cleaning it up for surveying stage. They may be clearing out more down the hill that's hard to see from ET.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic