Decoding 2020

fryoj

There is still plenty of room for a Giga that's possibly longer than Fury. It would just need to be a more compact layout. Or it also wouldn't take much more clearing on the other side to get into the old SOB area.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm at the park tonight and rode Racer. I saw some stakes in the ground and I found one in the grassy area in The Racer near Action Theater. Kinda interesting.

Where did you see the other stakes?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm at the park tonight and rode Racer. I saw some stakes in the ground and I found one in the grassy area in The Racer near Action Theater. Kinda interesting.

My guess is that it’s going to be piping. I kind of hope they don’t go over The Racer (Or over The Beast for that matter)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

My guess is that it’s going to be piping. I kind of hope they don’t go over The Racer (Or over The Beast for that matter)

The more I think about it interacting or coming close to beast, much less over or under it, the more I’m sure that’s not going to happen. They would most likely have to shut Beast down for some period of time like they did WWC when MT was being built and they aren’t going to do that with all the hype and merchandising they have going on about the 40th anniversary. It is possible they could just save that part for off-season work, but I don’t think the coaster will come too close to Beast 

• Like 3

Doing some rough calculations, a 350 lift hill would extend just to the end of the Firehawk plot. If they work in some crazy elements this could reach Giga length. I would like to see more clearing to get some length records but it doesn’t appear they are going deeper into the woods. I’m hoping there might be some unseen elements and turns that we can’t identify by the current clearing.

The track at CSF clearly indicates a Giga still. I have ruled out a wing or dive as the track isn’t at CSF. It clearly indicates 2 Mega Coasters are in production currently. If you look at the dates on the Hershey track it all appears to have been manufactured between February and now. MCT is currently in production starting in April and I’m sure the first pieces manufactured would be the station and lift (that’s what we are seeing). When we start seeing footers poured the plans should be available from Warren County as has been the case in every other major coaster installation. It does look like land grading is going to start with reports of stakes and flags.

I’m still thinking this is a Giga and haven’t seen any evidence against it yet. Thank you to all of you providing on site updates! We are all working hard to decode this 2020 project!

• Like 9

I may be way off here but wanted to throw some numbers for your consumption.  Measuring various aspects of Fury 325's footprint along with the footprint for Kings Island's new ride yields some interesting info.  This has nothing to do with the actual length of the ride but just the physical plot of land.   These are very rough, conservative numbers (playing around on my computer so bear with me)...

Fury 325 

Area:  424003 sq/ft and around 9.73 acres

In terms of straight line distance from beginning of the ride to the end of the ride (basically measured the very edge of the turnaround outside of Fury's station, straight out until I hit the last footer in that straight line (near Catawba Trace), turned right and went straight out to the turnaround on the ride and then back).  That distance was around 5300ft.  

Kings Island Mystery Coaster

Area:  556066 sq/ft and around 12.77 acres (this included taking out a couple of the buildings near the water tower that we believe are being relocated).

In terms of straight line distance from the edge of the trees by FoF straight to the turnaround by Racer and the straight out to The Beast clearing and back is about 4000ft.  

Not sure this means anything but it was fun to play around with.  These numbers definitely show that if there isn't any more clearing and this is a Giga, it will be one with a lot of creative use of the width of the land, as it were, opposed to a more down-and-back type of ride.  The land we are playing with is bigger, size-wise, but is not as long.  

I was always curious about the direction of the lift hill.  From the back edge of the station where the trains re-enter to the top of the lift hill on Fury is about 741 ft.  If you measure from the southern side of Firehawk's station (the return track) straight north to the trees by FoF, it is about 411 ft. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, riptombraider said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think B&M has made a TTD style tophat launch coaster, but from the current clearing I think something like that could fit in there. I personally wouldn't be pumped about that, but the idea has crossed my mind the past week. 

Don't tease

• Like 1

2 hours ago, New Horizons said:

personally i think its big enough, not all gigas are out and back so maybe we will see twister sections as well

I truly hope that it has a twister layout similar to Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America

• Like 1

When I rode Blue Racer tonight, I saw signs of digging around the former Firehawk grounds, like around 4-5 parallel lines of dug out soil, and they were somewhat close to the Flight of Fear building.  Maybe we'll see footings start to be dug out?

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

^^then where will the station go?

I that middle section, station will be there with the lift hill heading towards beast, then it will cross over FOF and back to the Firehawk area where there will be some twisties.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I’m going to CP next weekend for two days and was wondering how likely it is to see teasers for the KI new ride there? I can’t remember if they have done teasers at other parks in the past or not. 

Last season there was a wave of references at Cedar Point about several parks in the chain, one of those parks being Kings Island. Considering Kings Island close proximity to Cedar Point and the events that occurred last season I’d say there’s an ok chance that we could see teasers at some point at Cedar Point.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XBeastGirlX said:

Just rode beast and the clearing goes to the end of the break run but they are clearing more trees as we speak. Seen a big one fall as we rode past 

7 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

The clearing doesnt look any bigger while riding The Beast. I'll update this post after I ride WindSeeker. 

5 hours ago, Sol44 said:

Took a peak from the tower. I don’t know. No new clearing IMO. The cleared ground is really clean. They might be done clearing, and a giga would be a real tight fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after today I'm not sure what's going on. One person says they saw a tree physically falling, while others say nothing is different from last week.

• Like 3

So after today I'm not sure what's going on. One person says they saw a tree physically falling, while others say nothing is different from last week.

Rumor is they were just getting rid of Ash trees. Likely getting ready to plant thousands of saplings. Or it’s still a coaster lol?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

^^ I think you slightly misinterpreted their statements. From to what it appears the clearing’s boundary didn’t expand but it seems like most of the work was done on the already cleared land. They seem to have been getting tree remains and various other objects off site while also removing some trees still in the middle of the cleared section. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

^^ I think you slightly misinterpreted their statements. From to what it appears the clearing’s boundary didn’t expand but it seems like most of the work was done on the already cleared land. They seem to have been getting tree remains and various other objects off site while also removing some trees still in the middle of the cleared section. 

I don't think think so, because the pictures sixohdieselrage provided a week ago show the clearing going to about the halfway point of Beast's break run, while beastgal says it goes to the end now, and more trees were falling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

I don't think think so, because the pictures sixohdieselrage provided a week ago show the clearing going to about the halfway point of Beast's break run, while beastgal says it goes to the end now, and more trees were falling.

It went to about the end of the Break Run last week, the trees they heard falling could be 2 things, 1 they’re expanding the clearing or 2 they’re removing a few trees that are scattered through out the clearing back there.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:40 PM, sixohdieselrage said:

Reveal hidden contents

20190427_113812.jpg

13 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

It went to about the end of the Break Run last week, the trees they heard falling could be 2 things, 1 they’re expanding the clearing or 2 they’re removing a few trees that are scattered through out the clearing back there.

I wouldn't consider that the end of the brake run, but I can see how opinions may vary, or what may have been seen from The Beast while on the move might seem different.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, silver2005 said:

When I rode Blue Racer tonight, I saw signs of digging around the former Firehawk grounds, like around 4-5 parallel lines of dug out soil, and they were somewhat close to the Flight of Fear building.  Maybe we'll see footings start to be dug out?

Based on that description, if this digging does happen to be for footings, we could very well be seeing the start of the footings for the station or transfer area beginning to take shape. 

I won’t be back out to the park for a few more weeks but I'm interested to see if someone could zoom in and get some pics from the tower of this digging?

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic