Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, Zayzayd13 said:

There’s a lot you can take out of this picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a lot you can try to read into in this picture but KI or CF did not create the image so it would have to be a coincidence that the numbers are teasers for an upcoming ride. I think they just used it because it looks cool. Seems like santas arms are the only thing changed from the original. All other words and numbers are the same 

• Like 2

There is a lot you can try to read into in this picture but KI or CF did not create the image so it would have to be a coincidence that the numbers are teasers for an upcoming ride. I think they just used it because it looks cool. Seems like santas arms are the only thing changed from the original. All other words and numbers are the same 

I don’t think they used it just because it looks cool, and I’m not even referring to the numbers, because at this point numbers don’t mean anything. With the recent trademark filings of Polaris and Orion, this photo opens up the possibilities of theme.

• Like 4

Just now, XBeastGirlX said:

I also noticed that the blue book says Xbase now and santas extra two arms are gone. Anyone see anything else changed from the original? 

Looks like the lower spine of the green book says something different, and the picture on the calender. I think this poster is a dead end though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:

I don’t think they used it just because it looks cool, and I’m not even referring to the numbers, because at this point numbers don’t mean anything. With the recent trademark filings of Polaris and Orion, this photo opens up the possibilities of theme.

It does open up what the theming could be but I think most people, at least the people I know, already thought that it would have a space/solar/ alien theme because it's in Xbase. I just wanted to make sure people knew this image was from a magazine from 60 years ago, not something KI or CF made themselves as a teaser. It could be related though. We should know in just a few months! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Regards to the poster. 

"XBASE Tactical and Experimental Stratospheric Technologies"

Also...

Polaris : A star located at the end of the handle of the Little Dipper, in the constellation Ursa Minor, approximately 408 light years from Earth, and almost at the north celestial pole. 

408' lift hill?

I'm know. I'm stretching. Rollercoaster Expedition and I were talking about that. Lol

Maybe a 355 lift with a 408 drop, if it drops into that clearing towards the Little Miami, like I think it's going to because there is a approx. 70 foot elevation change from the former Firehawk site to the aforementioned clearing. So that could give it the extra footage to drop. Also a reach, but hopeful.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Maybe a 355 lift with a 408 drop, if it drops into that clearing towards the Little Miami like I think it's going to because there is a approx. 70 foot elevation change from the former Firehawk site to the aforementioned clearing. So that could give it the extra footage to drop. Also a reach, but hopeful.

So here's my question on this. How do they measure the height of the ride? Is it from the height of the station to the top of the lift hill? Or from the ground right below the lift hill to the top of it? I guess I've always assumed it was the 2nd, but now I'm not sure.

• Like 2

Just now, Turtlepower said:

So here's my question on this. How do they measure the height of the ride? Is it from the height of the station to the top of the lift hill? Or from the ground right below the lift hill to the top of it? I guess I've always assumed it was the 2nd, but now I'm not sure.

I assume height is from ground to top of lift hill, drop is from top of lift to bottom of first drop. Example Beast is around 110ft tall and the drop is around 130 because it goes underground 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@XBeastGirlX Pretty sure its measured from station to top of lift hill...

What is? The lift? Then what about rides like Beast where they don't go out of the station into the lift? Do you mean height is measured from the height of the station to the top of lift or the track from the station  to lift is measured? 

• Like 1

I know Diamondback is listed as 230 feet tall by Kings Island. That means from the stationary ground elevation to the top of the lift hill. One can only assume they list all their heights that way.

Now that you edited you other post, yes. From ground to top of lift hil. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 9:08 PM, Pez said:

I would like to see black supports with forest green track and orange trains for the section where it is going to run parallel to The Beast break run. Hearing an oncoming roar, looking over and through the trees catching a glimpse of something big and orange booking through the forest at 80-90 MPH.  

Kinda like Phantom's revenge at Kennywood right? I don't know about the orange trains part, but it could work. I love the idea of green track. I wanted to double quote on here but not sure how to do that. The guy on page 23 was pointing out using Riddler's revenge colors which I think is another great option to go with too! Also on page 25, someone else mentioned that it doesn't have to be a record breaker in height per say, but maybe the longest of it's type. I would be alright with copying the height of Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion but throwing different features in there as well. Bottom line is, I'm happy the park is finally getting what all of us fans have been drooling over for over a decade now. In my opinion, it doesn't have to break 10 world records like Millennium Force did when it opened, but just be fun! By the way, this is irrelevant, but Millennium Force is having it's star wars day today. May the force be with you on the fourth. Lol

• Like 2

Just now, Turtlepower said:

They say The Bat is 78 feet tall, but also say it has a 90 foot lift hill though. I'm more confused now than when I asked.

The Bat takes you up 90 ft from where you started (The Station) but since it’s on a hill it’s only 78 ft above the ground. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

The Bat takes you up 90 ft from where you started (The Station) but since it’s on a hill it’s only 78 ft above the ground. 

So then height is measured from top of the lift hill to ground right below it.

The reason I ask is that a 70 foot decline in elevation in that area is signicant. If it's 70 feet lower than the rest of the park, and ride height is measured that way, then a 300 foot tall roller coaster looks about 230 feet tall from everywhere else in the park. Not a huge deal in terms of ride experience, but interesting from how it will make the park look. (If thats where the lift hill indeed is)

• Like 2

Ok so after rides on Beast, WS, and The Racer today there’s no new signs of more clearing. They have done a lot of cleanup and grating though and is cleaned up pretty nice. What’s everyone think?? Would they put that much cleaning up and grating into it if they were going to do more clearing?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DubVLegend said:

Ok so after rides on Beast, WS, and The Racer today there’s no new signs of more clearing. They have done a lot of cleanup and grating though and is cleaned up pretty nice. What’s everyone think?? Would they put that much cleaning up and grating into it if they were going to do more clearing?

I don’t know much about construction I assume it’d be easier to expand the clearing if it wasn’t filled with debris, there’s quite a bit of reasons I could think of why they’re cleaning up the site now instead of expanding it (Maybe they needed to install utilities soon so they had to clean the site up ect). Guess only time will tell.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Any reason they have left DAs path completely intact? I thought they would have ripped those up while clearing and cleaning the site.

There is some of it gone. No reason to remove it all unless that land is needed 

• Like 1

Reading up on Orion, I really like this name and think it could tie in nicely with the area. I also found this tidbit interesting.

“Most myths about Orion’s death involve a scorpion, but the stories differ from one mythographer to another. In one tale, Orion boasted to the goddess Artemis and her mother Leto that he could kill any beast on earth.”

• Like 3

As mentioned earlier, they have months of footer work to do. Getting the site they have cleared now cleaned up and to finish grade allows footer work to start in those areas. IF there is more clearing to be done, and I do emphasize IF as theres no guarantee there is more clearing thats going to happen, it can be done a month or longer from now. If they are going to go down any of the ravines, it would definitely be easier to wait for things to dry out before they start doing that. Not that they can't work down the ravines in the rain, but the crews doing the clearing is likely the same doing the finish grade, so they have to prioritize. Right now I'd think getting the station area ready for construction would take priority over clearing areas they aren't going to be working on till months from now.

• Like 8

• malem locked this topic