Decoding 2020

fryoj

You never know... both of these names could be used for Kings Island as I do not think they would fit all that great in other Cedar Fair parks (maybe a new flat ride, restaurant, Flight of Fear retheme, or some other attraction)

• Like 3

If Polaris is the name, and I do like it, I'm thinking Blue and white for colors. 

Edit:

Just read the wiki on orion and had a holy crap moment. It says he's a giant huntsman.

So he's a giant hunter going into the woods hunting the mythical Beast...

• Like 13

If Polaris is the name, and I do like it, I'm thinking Blue and white for colors. 

Edit:
Just read the wiki on orion and had a holy crap moment. It says he's a giant huntsman.

So he's a giant hunter going into the woods hunting the mythical Beast...

Yeah I saw that to and thought it would be a cool tie in. I think it would be sweet to have a giant statue like this by the entrance617eaf59a356ada7a954aa9299530ef0.jpg
  • Like 7

One other thing I think KI ought to do while they're paying attention to X-Base (along with adding restrooms) would be a more thorough refurb of the Flight of Fear building, particularly the queue.  Also, perhaps tune up the block sections so it doesn't come to a complete stop at the MCBR?

Also, has Premier ever dabbled in using on-board audio?  I could see that not working as the added weight will affect how the trains pace through the course and it is a bit prone to roll-backs, but if they could make it work, that'd be sweet.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Reading up on Orion, I really like this name and think it could tie in nicely with the area. I also found this tidbit interesting.

“Most myths about Orion’s death involve a scorpion, but the stories differ from one mythographer to another. In one tale, Orion boasted to the goddess Artemis and her mother Leto that he could kill any beast on earth.”

Was just getting ready to comment on this myself. Orion,  the great beast hunter. 

• Like 1

If they're going for a theme that indicates reaching for the stars, it would be a bit of a letdown if that didn't include the height record for a giga. Put me on record, however, as saying I'll be thrilled with any sort of giga even if it doesn't break all the records. Give me a massive drop and some airtime, and I'm all set. I live in Indy, so a giga only being two hours away would be phenomenal. 

Also, on the topic of color scheme, I can't believe on this Ohio-based website that I haven't seen any Maize and Blue color suggestions. Allow me to be the first :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, silver2005 said:
One other thing I think KI ought to do while they're paying attention to X-Base (along with adding restrooms) would be a more thorough refurb of the Flight of Fear building, particularly the queue.  Also, perhaps tune up the block sections so it doesn't come to a complete stop at the MCBR?
Also, has Premier ever dabbled in using on-board audio?  I could see that not working as the added weight will affect how the trains pace through the course and it is a bit prone to roll-backs, but if they could make it work, that'd be sweet.

I can’t see why the onboard audio wouldn’t work. Minus manufacturers, aren’t FoF & Rock N Rollercoaster very similar rides? RnR has onboard audio. The only drawback I could see is some cheesy soundtrack that isn’t worth it.

Is there a Department 47 at KI?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

You never know... both of these names could be used for Kings Island as I do not think they would fit all that great in other Cedar Fair parks (maybe a new flat ride, restaurant, Flight of Fear retheme, or some other attraction)

Yes maybe one name is for the giga and one name is for the flat ride they are going to put where they left Firehawk's queue ;) 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, brendan71388 said:

If they're going for a theme that indicates reaching for the stars, it would be a bit of a letdown if that didn't include the height record for a giga. Put me on record, however, as saying I'll be thrilled with any sort of giga even if it doesn't break all the records. Give me a massive drop and some airtime, and I'm all set. I live in Indy, so a giga only being two hours away would be phenomenal. 

Also, on the topic of color scheme, I can't believe on this Ohio-based website that I haven't seen any Maize and Blue color suggestions. Allow me to be the first :D

I can definitely say I feel the same way about the record.  I am not sure if that puts me in the (ungrateful, entitled, or whiney) groups but, it seems like it would be a waste of a good chance to break it.

Would I ride it and probably love it, sure but lets just say it goes up at 305... It will probably feel like Diamondback grew up a bit.  But let’s just say they do something crazy and go 350+... that would skyrocket us into the cosmos (pun definitely intended)

Whatever it is, it will add to our already awesome lineup... hope to see more clearing, and please never reference MI colors again lol

• Like 4

On 5/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, Codyfryguy said:

Looks to me like it has been cut in half the first half we can see clearly.. the other half is behind the container15dd0d4dd8279b477e5c1eca2c97ac3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It hasn’t been “cut” it has been separated... most likely to make moving easier until they use it for intended purpose. I could even see them donating the train and track to the roller coaster museum if they don’t use it as a prop.

Side note: Hey Don, if it’s needing transport some where I’ll do it for free just for the bragging rights, I have a commercial 52’ flatbed 

04664760-1BB5-4BD1-AF6F-FB339823354B.jpeg

• Like 6

Kings Island needs to go all out on this coaster. Now I understand it can't necessarily break all the records we'd love to see, but it need to be something special. Kings Island is seriously in lack of a coaster that is universally loved by all enthusiast, and seen by the gp outside of our region as a must experience ride. For reference Coaster Buzz has a top 100 list that is continuously updated and currently the highest rated coaster at KI is Banshee at 21. Cedar Fair and KI have to recognize that this coaster whatever it ends up being needs to be special.

https://coasterbuzz.com/RollerCoasters/Top100

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

Has anyone here experienced a rollback on Flight of Fear? I haven’t ridding it in a while but I have never seen, experienced, or heard of it rolling back. 

never experienced it one ride but did assist with an aborted launch a few years ago. got to push the train back into the station with maintenance and other rides management folks. Was a nice treat that day for sure :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

Kings Island needs to go all out on this coaster. Now I understand it can't necessarily break all the records we'd love to see, but it need to be something special. Kings Island is seriously in lack of a coaster that is universally loved by all enthusiast, and seen by the gp outside of our region as a must experience ride. For reference Coaster Buzz has a top 100 list that is continuously updated and currently the highest rated coaster at KI is Banshee at 21. Cedar Fair and KI have to recognize that this coaster whatever it ends up being needs to be special.

To be fair, Diamondback and Mystic Timbers are just behind Banshee, giving KI 3 coasters in the top 25. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

According to that list, I think KI's only chance at a top spot is to RMC Beast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

What are your thoughts on why they were there?

Not sure. The red points are the original 4 I saw, then yesterday I saw one where the yellow point is. It was strange that the 4 were arranged like that. Could be DB maintenance. Who knows. 

markers.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

Agree 100%.  KI was once a park that did firsts/records.  There are 4 CF parks with Gigas.  Other than Banshee and DB KI has nothing that would be in the top 8 at CP.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KIGiga2019 said:

Agree 100%.  KI was once a park that did firsts/records.  There are 4 CF parks with Gigas.  Other than Banshee and DB KI has nothing that would be in the top 8 at CP.

If The Beast was at CP it would be considered a top 10 ride. 

• Like 3

What? Kings Island has plenty of good coasters 4 of which I’d argue would be in CP’S top 8. But honesty who cares? Kings Island already has a great collection, the notion that Kings Islands line up is severely lacking a major roller coaster is complete nonsense. I’d rather take Kings Islands atmosphere over Cedar Points coaster line up any day. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

• malem locked this topic