Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 hours ago, brendan71388 said:

I disagree with this, and this is coming from somebody who would rather go to CP than KI. I'd probably put DB and MT just outside my top five if they were at CP. I'm not a big invert guy so I could take or leave Banshee and Raptor. 

I have to disagree with this as well. Maybe based on legacy, but the actual ride experience is underwhelming to me. A night ride is really cool, but the last time I rode it during the day, I was kinda bored to be honest. I'm not trying to slam The Beast, just sharing my personal opinion. How much would The Beast experience be diminished if it was at CP rather than running through the woods at KI?

The Beast would honestly be a horrible ride if not for the woods.

But back to speculation.  A few questions.  With everyone focusing on what is already cleared, has anyone been able to get a look at the former SoB area to see if there are any markers by chance.  Maybe, like someone else pointed out, the current clearing needed to be don for footer work to begin and the area toward Action Zone will be done later.

Also, I saw someone mention a 70 foot elevation difference. If they do go 355', the difference in elevation could possibly yield a drop of close to 420'.  In theory of course.  Could we see this giga beat Ka for longest drop?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

The Beast would honestly be a horrible ride if not for the woods.

But back to speculation.  A few questions.  With everyone focusing on what is already cleared, has anyone been able to get a look at the former SoB area to see if there are any markers by chance.  Maybe, like someone else pointed out, the current clearing needed to be don for footer work to begin and the area toward Action Zone will be done later.

Also, I saw someone mention a 70 foot elevation difference. If they do go 355', the difference in elevation could possibly yield a drop of close to 420'.  In theory of course.  Could we see this giga beat Ka for longest drop?

I’d love to see a drop that big but part of me is pretty sure they’re gonna just barely break a record if they do.

like 350 - 370 range max. Something tells me they’re not aiming to break the drop record by like 70+ feet.

I’d love to be wrong though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

Diamondback, Banshee and Mystic Timbers are all world class rides. I would argue our Top 4 is unparalleled by nearly any other park in the United States.  

This can't be serious.  It is your opinion but CPs top 4 is unrivaled.  MF, SV, TTD, Maverick. It is not an argument that CP is better than KI when it comes to coasters(it's a fact) but of course it is going to be CF's #1 park.  It is Cedar Point after all.  Just imagine a 350 ft Giga towering over KI.  It is time and I hope CF doesn't weak out again.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

I’d love to see a drop that big but part of me is pretty sure they’re gonna just barely break a record if they do.

like 350 - 370 range max. Something tells me they’re not aiming to break the drop record by like 70+ feet.

I’d love to be wrong though.

If the did hit 355' tall, coupled with a well placed drop into the area that is stated to be 70' lower.  It would be feasible to have a 420' drop. That would beat Kingda Ka by 4' for longest drop.  Not saying it's going to happen but it would be awesome if it did.  

I mean while were at it, why not shoot to beat Steel Dragon and take back the worlds longest as well.  This could set records for...

Tallest Giga

Fastest Giga

Longest drop

And Longest length

Again, just throwin' stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Lol

• Like 6

While I personally don't see them doing a 420 ft+ drop I really think that would be awesome. I am hoping for a height of around 350 ft tall but after that everything else is just icing on the cake. I would like to see them try for the length record as well but I won't be disappointed if they don't go for it. I'd just like the coaster to be taller than Fury. In all honesty though I would take a giga of any height over not getting one at all. As for the name if they do go with either Polaris or Orion, I think Orion would fit better as far as a theme especially in the x base area of the park. It will be interesting if they do end up expanding that part of the park for another true "themed area" or just close it off again with a coaster much like they did with Firehawk. Although I'm not sure what most people would be more excited about back there. Them putting in another coaster or if they finally decide to put bathrooms in back there. We could hope/dream that they do both right?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, thatbandguy8807 said:

While I personally don't see them doing a 420 ft+ drop I really think that would be awesome. I am hoping for a height of around 350 ft tall but after that everything else is just icing on the cake. I would like to see them try for the length record as well but I won't be disappointed if they don't go for it. I'd just like the coaster to be taller than Fury. In all honesty though I would take a giga of any height over not getting one at all. As for the name if they do go with either Polaris or Orion, I think Orion would fit better as far as a theme especially in the x base area of the park. It will be interesting if they do end up expanding that part of the park for another true "themed area" or just close it off again with a coaster much like they did with Firehawk. Although I'm not sure what most people would be more excited about back there. Them putting in another coaster or if they finally decide to put bathrooms in back there. We could hope/dream that they do both right?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything. Lol. I know if I do,  they'll just add another restaurant ot bathroom.  :-D

wait,  what if they decided to go for the length record and add a restaurant and bathroom on the mid course.  Hahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If they do go with Orion, I think I may have just found the perfect station music for it...B)

And not just because of the name. Its an instrumental so you wouldn't have to tune out any vocals...

Eight minutes of generally laid back melodies, riffs, progression. Nothing too aggressive for common ears, and would set a quite mystical, meditative "atmosphere"...

• Like 9

Just thought of something. Why do so many Nike classic running shoe names make great roller coaster names? Check this out:

Lunar Eclipse, Icarus, Pegasus, Skylon, Tailwind, Equator, Lunar Glide, Luna Racer, Odyssey. Every single one is good coaster name IMO. lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

If you truly think Kings Island isn’t on the map let me ask you this, when ever Kings Island does anything (The Clearing, Renovations ect) does it get a lot of attention online? Nearly everything Kings Island did this off season received a decent amount of attention online. The Beast prints for example received a large amount of attention on various sites (Like Reddit) even thought they’re a bunch of paw prints.... Now compare that to a park like CGA that redid several ride signs, repainted the Drop Tower ect, did you see a lot of attention on that? No not really. Sure any park can get attention from a roller coaster but the parks on the map get attention for nearly everything they do.  

Edit - Sorry for bringing this up again, didn’t realize there was an entire page I didn’t read that concluded the “Argument

• Like 6

4 hours ago, presto123 said:

Just thought of something. Why do so many Nike classic running shoe names make great roller coaster names? Check this out:

Lunar Eclipse, Icarus, Pegasus, Skylon, Tailwind, Equator, Lunar Glide, Luna Racer, Odyssey. Every single one is good coaster name IMO. lol

It is probably because the kinds of feelings Nike is trying to evoke with their branding are the same feelings as rollercoasters draw from us. Speed, power, freedom, etc. 

Something that is also often included in rollercoaster names (but not so much sneakers), that I kind of wish they would lay off of, though, is Fear. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KIGiga2019 said:

This can't be serious.  It is your opinion but CPs top 4 is unrivaled.  MF, SV, TTD, Maverick. It is not an argument that CP is better than KI when it comes to coasters(it's a fact) but of course it is going to be CF's #1 park.  It is Cedar Point after all.  Just imagine a 350 ft Giga towering over KI.  It is time and I hope CF doesn't weak out again.

Hence “nearly.”

• Like 2

bb88b0acca7af73ebe5348da9d8e2f08.jpg
Saw this on another forum, don’t know if was real or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing about that is whoever took the screenshot, also cropped out the web address too. I’m going with it might be a fanboy made photoshop for now. I’ll wait until there is actual teasing from the park themselves.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, fryoj said:

World's biggest meltdown when it's 324 ft tall

And an even bigger meltdown if it’s not a giga....

It’s quite possible that B&M might be commencing to improve Diamondback’s turn-around based on flags someone saw near there several posts back in the thread.

• Like 4

The only thing about that is whoever took the screenshot, also cropped out the web address too. I’m going with it might be a fanboy made photoshop for now. I’ll wait until there is actual teasing from the park themselves.

I do photoshop for my side job, but they put a lot of attention to detail in it tho, adding another page, the page dots transparency matches the site’s, but again, if it’s from a program that detect page changes, it would only screen shot the page, very similar thing happened with the “leaked” bat home page

• Like 2

Not always, if they updated and took down the page. There’s programs that screen shot pages when they detect changes and such too.

Yeah, I understand that, see The Bat flies again. Can you provide a link to the other site?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BeastForever said:

If they do go with Orion, I think I may have just found the perfect station music for it...B)

And not just because of the name. Its an instrumental so you wouldn't have to tune out any vocals...

Eight minutes of generally laid back melodies, riffs, progression. Nothing too aggressive for common ears, and would set a quite mystical, meditative "atmosphere"...

I agree. This would be amazing station music

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BeastForever said:

Hands down, that is my favorite Metallica track. 

Orion would be the perfect name for X-Base. The ride could be themed around the first man-made vessel with FTL capabilities, which was built using the technology found in FoF's UFO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

I do photoshop for my side job, but they put a lot of attention to detail in it tho, adding another page, the page dots transparency matches the site’s, but again, if it’s from a program that detect page changes, it would only screen shot the page, very similar thing happened with the “leaked” bat home page

Newer member posts screenshot claiming they found it on some mystery site. Then admits they do photoshop as their side job.

free-candy-seems-legit-motifake-com-2746

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Newer member posts screenshot claiming they found it on some mystery site. Then admits they do photoshop as their side job.
free-candy-seems-legit-motifake-com-27464914.png

I hate faked news and look forward to accurate photos and information. For those out there who are providing the fly bys and video commentary with good information about the project, I really search out your input and highly appreciate it. Keep up the great work!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

4 hours ago, upstop said:

And an even bigger meltdown if it’s not a giga....

It’s quite possible that B&M might be commencing to improve Diamondback’s turn-around based on flags someone saw near there several posts back in the thread.

Son of Beast RMC Giga out behind The Racer confirmed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

That it would be...great CD.  Only problem is I’m sure Metallica would charge millions to use that.  Would end up costing more the coaster itself overtime haha 

I would just be happy with some space instrumentals. Unless Cedar Fair has money hidden to hire Giacchino or another Hollywood composer, I'm perfectly content with a nice soundtrack of space instrumentals.

I'm hoping for a blue and grey colour scheme, but I'm assuming that it probably won't be exactly that because of Millenium Force to the north.

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic