Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, supertrooper said:

I feel like the area that has been cleared is already big enough for a pretty good giga.

giga.jpg

For it to be a giga, the lift would have to be taller than WindSeeker. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's my latest concept.

KI 2020 part 3.jpg

1 hour ago, supertrooper said:

I feel like the area that has been cleared is already big enough for a pretty good giga.

giga.jpg

I love these colors!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

You're right! Which is exactly why I made it taller than WindSeeker. The pink lines that I added are the same height. 

Wow. That pic was really deceiving. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 5/4/2019 at 7:39 PM, FoF96" said:

Has anyone here experienced a rollback on Flight of Fear? I haven’t ridding it in a while but I have never seen, experienced, or heard of it rolling back. 

I experienced one shortly after it opened.  It was a cold and very windy day, which causes havoc on the LIMs.  I remember the launch was aborted and we were "trimmed" (not sure the proper term for what LIMs do) and we rolled back.  Maintenance had to come push us back into the station where we held for a few minutes before successfully launching.  Haven't seen/heard/experienced one since.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VortexJD said:

I experienced one shortly after it opened.  It was a cold and very windy day, which causes havoc on the LIMs.  I remember the launch was aborted and we were "trimmed" (not sure the proper term for what LIMs do) and we rolled back.  Maintenance had to come push us back into the station where we held for a few minutes before successfully launching.  Haven't seen/heard/experienced one since.

Maybe I'm not understanding, but how do cold/windy days affect the LIMs of a roller coaster that is completely indoors?  Is all of that area unconditioned space?  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Maybe I'm not understanding, but how do cold/windy days affect the LIMs of a roller coaster that is completely indoors?  Is all of that area unconditioned space?  

Great question, I wish I had better info to share.  All I know is what the ride ops told us when we rolled back.  Blamed it on the cool, windy day we were having.  They said the ride determined we failed to reach optimal speed and aborted the launch, slowing us down so we safely rollback into the launch corridor for another attempt.  Was a great experience when I was younger.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

On windy days you would have extra wind pushing against the train creating extra drag. I believe the cold makes the lube on the wheels thicken up and the there is more friction. 

• Like 2

Just now, flightoffear1996 said:

On windy days you would have extra wind pushing against the train creating extra drag. I believe the cold makes the lube on the wheels thicken up and the there is more friction. 

How is there wind Inside a sealed building? 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, jdf21972 said:

Just enjoy seeing this thread and cannot wait till the Q&A session at Coasterstock for someone to have the guts to ask what is going on

“I see you’re moving ahead with your plans to rmc racer, when can we see the ride complete?”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

cannot wait till the Q&A session at Coasterstock for someone to have the guts to ask what is going on

Here's what will happen:

"Of course you're all looking forward to what next year has in store here at Kings Island, but right now we're focused on this season, and we're just really happy that guests are enjoying the improvements we've seen so far. With the addition of the all-new Kings Mills Antique Autos, as well as a fresh new look for International Street, we're just happy to have brought back some things for guests who have been visiting since day one, and there's even more fun to come for the remainder of the season including the all-new Grand Carnivale! Next question, please."

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JAHill said:

Here's what will happen:

"Of course you're all looking forward to what next year has in store here at Kings Island, but right now we're focused on this season, and we're just really happy that guests are enjoying the improvements we've seen so far. With the addition of the all-new Kings Mills Antique Autos, as well as a fresh new look for International Street, we're just happy to have brought back some things for guests who have been visiting since day one, and there's even more fun to come for the remainder of the season including the all-new Grand Carnivale! Next question, please."

Nah, they'll tease you a little more than that when someone asks.  If I know Don, he's already come up with some witty answer and he's on the edge of his seat to use it.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, scoriell said:

It's definitely possible. If i remember correct, didn't they also trademark "Fury' and "Centurion" at the same time though?

No.

Centurion was trademarked on October 18th, 2013Fury on January 23, 2014, and then 'Fury 325' on June 9th, 2014.

The Roman-style teasers that showed up at Carowinds in the summer of 2014 would lead us to believe that Centurion was the original intended name, with Fury perhaps being used for something else (or as a back-up trademark).

Somewhere in between the filing of separate trademarks Fury and Fury 325, an issue arose with Centurion already being in use by someone else, and thus had to be abandoned.

Once they realized they couldn't use Centurion, they then turned to 'Fury 325' to fit the giga theme.

------

As a side note, to those hoping that numbers are not incorporated into this ride's name, I will say this: "So far, so good!"

However, if we see some trademark pop up in the upcoming months along the lines of "Orion 330", or "Polaris 345", well, then.... :lol:

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I wonder if any plans have been filed with the county yet?

Probably.  I was talking to someone who works for either the city or the county (I can't remember which) and they said that the permits for Coney BBQ were filed before the park opened the year before.  This is all public record.  I'm not sure when the layout is due, but if I recall, someone got their hands on the Mystic plans around June or July of '15, and Diamondback was on a similar timeline, so maybe that specific document becomes public or is filed around then.  To be honest, I almost don't want to know too much before the announcement although I assume we will all know quite a bit.  I want a surprise for once! :)

1 minute ago, BeastForever said:

No.

Centurion was trademarked on October 18th, 2013Fury on January 23, 2014, and then 'Fury 325' on June 9th, 2014.

The Roman-style teasers that showed up at Carowinds in the summer of 2014 would lead us to believe that Centurion was the original intended name, with Fury perhaps being used for something else (or as a back-up trademark).

Somewhere in between the filing of separate trademarks Fury and Fury 325, an issue arose with Centurion already being in use by someone else, and thus had to be abandoned.

Once they realized they couldn't use Centurion, they then turned to 'Fury 325' to fit the giga theme.

------

As a side note, to those hoping that numbers are not incorporated into this ride's name, I will say this: "So far, so good!"

However, if we see some trademark pop up in the upcoming months along the lines of "Orion 330", or "Polaris 345"...  :lol:

Also don't forget that Mustang was a rumored name for Diamondback and they put up teasers saying "Ride Sally Ride."  They aren't afraid to mess with you sometimes. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BeastForever said:

No.

------

However, if we see some trademark pop up in the upcoming months along the lines of "Orion 330", or "Polaris 345"...  :lol:

Also don't forget that Mustang was a rumored name for Diamondback and they put up teasers saying "Ride Sally Ride."  They aren't afraid to mess with you sometimes. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

No.

------

However, if we see some trademark pop up in the upcoming months along the lines of "Orion 330", or "Polaris 345", well, then.... :lol:

Good information. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fryoj said:

Wow. That pic was really deceiving. 

Although those pink lines are the same length (height) on the computer, because it's closer to the camera, the lines won't produce accurate proportions of 301ft at a nearer spot. Just like here:
This.jpg

http://queencitydiscovery.blogspot.com/2017/01/reader-submission-aerial-view-of-kings.html

It's not perfect placement (my lines), but it's nowhere close to the difference being from my editing error.

300ft far away will, in a photo, appear much longer/ taller when it's closer to the camera.

• Like 5

Can't remember now. How much of Mystic Timbers was done when they made the official announcement? Clearing and work over by WWC and what else? No footers right? When do you think we see the official announcement here?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I thought about something today. What if they trademarked those two names to rename Flight of Fear and then use the other name on the new ride? Could you imagine that everyone?

If they were to retheme fof (Like several users here have suggested) then the new name seems totally reasonable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic