Decoding 2020

fryoj

9 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Can't remember now. How much of Mystic Timbers was done when they made the official announcement? Clearing and work over by WWC and what else? No footers right? When do you think we see the official announcement here?

August 13.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JAHill said:

Here's what will happen:

"Of course you're all looking forward to what next year has in store here at Kings Island, but right now we're focused on this season, and we're just really happy that guests are enjoying the improvements we've seen so far. With the addition of the all-new Kings Mills Antique Autos, as well as a fresh new look for International Street, we're just happy to have brought back some things for guests who have been visiting since day one, and there's even more fun to come for the remainder of the season including the all-new Grand Carnivale! Next question, please."

Since you don't like that question, how bout we talk about those fountain pedestals? ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

With the other 2 B&M giga's, did CW or Carowinds announce before or after they went vertical?

Granted, both of them had little to no clearing necessary.

Fury started vertical after the announcement. August 21 announcement  to September 29 for the first support up.

• Like 2

Just driving clicks/traffic and being the first to report, that is all these news stations are about anymore.  I find little if any  actual 'news' in that article. 

It is sad that article made it beyond an editors desk.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

Although those pink lines are the same length (height) on the computer, because it's closer to the camera, the lines won't produce accurate proportions of 301ft at a nearer spot. Just like here:
This.jpg

http://queencitydiscovery.blogspot.com/2017/01/reader-submission-aerial-view-of-kings.html

It's not perfect placement (my lines), but it's nowhere close to the difference being from my editing error.

300ft far away will, in a photo, appear much longer/ taller when it's closer to the camera.

Yes, I’m aware of how distance and perspective work. WindSeeker and the placement of the lift hill on my mock-up are in much closer proximity than WindSeeker and Diamondback are on your example. I took perspective into account when I created it. 

It doesn’t matter anyway. It’s a quickly done doodle, not a mathematically engineered rendering.

• Like 6

Oh god. I just read that WCPO article. I cannot believe they put that mockup on there. I wonder how many people will think thats official art regardless what the story says.
With how much I still see people freaking out over The Beast unleashed video I'm going to say about 90% of the GP

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I wonder how many people will think thats official art regardless what the story says.

Way too many, judging by how many people asked me about "steel beast" while I was working WF.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

With how much I still see people freaking out over The Beast unleashed video I'm going to say about 90% of the GP

I can’t tell you how many random people told me they thought The Beast Unleashed video was real in normal conversation. Often people see these things and they have no real reason not to believe them... nor do they care that much.

• Like 8

I can’t tell you how many random people told me they thought The Beast Unleashed video was real in normal conversation.

I've had people get mad and tell me I'm wrong and that Kings Island announced it last year when they announced KMAA

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Oh god. I just read that WCPO article. I cannot believe they put that mockup on there. I wonder how many people will think thats official art regardless what the story says.

Considering how many peoples bubble I had to burst on Facebook that The Beast unleashed was fan made I would guess youre average joe will buy in real quick 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Too bad that @thoe124 and I didnt get credit for it. But, maybe that's not a bad thing. :ph34r:

@ohiocoasterfan That is definitely not me. Lol

I'm honestly surprised they used my doodle that took me less than 20 minutes! 

Also, I tweeted John Matarese about crediting me in the article. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, jdf21972 said:

Just enjoy seeing this thread and cannot wait till the Q&A session at Coasterstock for someone to have the guts to ask what is going on

Who said they were going to take questions? I thought the itinerary said guest speakers. not Q&A? 

Asking for a friend. 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic