Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I can’t tell you how many random people told me they thought The Beast Unleashed video was real in normal conversation. Often people see these things and they have no real reason not to believe them... nor do they care that much.

Many of my friends had no idea I made that. 

Was hilarious to show them screenshots I took along the way and be like "See? Not real."

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maddog said:

Just driving clicks/traffic and being the first to report, that is all these news stations are about anymore.  I find little if any  actual 'news' in that article. 

It is sad that article made it beyond an editors desk.

I think it's great for the park. A speculative article---the guy admits as much---but now the average Joe that doesn't live on KICentral knows something big is happening at the park. Someone's interest might have been piqued. A future new member to the forum, perhaps, who knows? The new coaster COULD be named Orion or Polaris, no? Who the hell knows...  :-)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I think it's great for the park. A speculative article---the guy admits as much---but now the average Joe that doesn't live on KICentral knows something big is happening at the park. Someone's interest might have been piqued. A future new member to the forum, perhaps, who knows? The new coaster COULD be named Orion or Polaris, no? Who the hell knows...  :-)

As the Interpreter the wise would say, "Someone does".

• Like 15

3 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

John Matarese is apparently a big Kings Island/Coaster enthusiast. He’s always posting “news” articles about the park.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of you was actually John Matarese!

FIND HIM! EXPOSE HIM! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone have any thoughts on what the stats could be? Not just for a giga, but for whatever you think it could be.

If it does turn out to be a giga I believe the stats will be at least comparable to Fury 325 if not a little better. I think B&M has a better understanding of what they are capable of doing with a giga layout than they did when designing Fury and Leviathan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I screwed up quoting DiamondBanshe but my response is the second part.

• Like 1

Reading the WCPO article on Facebook wasn’t as cringeworthy as the comment section.

Well I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight due to how bad the comment section was..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reading the WCPO article on Facebook wasn’t as cringeworthy as the comment section.

My favorite was “if it’s not millennium force, maverick, valravyn, or top thrill dragster style coaster, I’m frankly not impressed”

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I would honestly prefer something like "Orion 345" or Polaris "355" than just Orion or Polaris. I'm not sure why people have such an issue with the number thing, I think it sounds kind of cool. Like you could be FURY, and that's pretty cool, but then you could be FURY 325 and to me that's just cooler. Especially if it's a space themed thing, I just think it would work. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 6

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I would honestly prefer something like "Orion 345" or Polaris "355" than just Orion or Polaris. I'm not sure why people have such an issue with the number thing, I think it sounds kind of cool. Like you could be FURY, and that's pretty cool, but then you could be FURY 325 and to me that's just cooler. Especially if it's a space themed thing, I just think it would work. Just my 2 cents.

“Mason....the numbers...what do they mean?”

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Honestly I have always thought that if it was just called “Fury” it would sound better.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Honestly I have always thought that if it was just called “Fury” it would sound better.

34 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:

I feel like most people call it Fury anyway.

Yeah, I know most people on here disagree, but if it was a space themed thing, I still think the numbers thing would work better with this than it has with the others at least. It does sound a bit sci-fi in my opinion to do that.

• Like 2

I wouldn't want Orion or Polaris as the name.  King's Island has a bit of a theme going even if not on purpose.  Diamondback, The Bat, Mystic Timbers, Flight of Fear, The Banshee, The Beast.  These all give a monster/scary undertone.  I would like to personally keep that theme and maybe dig a name out of cryptozoology.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Firehawk44 said:

I wouldn't want Orion or Polaris as the name.  King's Island has a bit of a theme going even if not on purpose.  Diamondback, The Bat, Mystic Timbers, Flight of Fear, The Banshee, The Beast.  These all give a monster/scary undertone.  I would like to personally keep that theme and maybe dig a name out of cryptozoology.  

El Chupacabra  355... lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Enthusiasts say Orion or Polaris would be perfect names for a giant space-themed coaster on the huge swath of land behind The Racer.

Ugh, WCPO... seriously?  *facepalm* 

On May 5, 2019 at 9:09 AM, Joshua said:

Orion would be the perfect name for X-Base. The ride could be themed around the first man-made vessel with FTL capabilities, which was built using the technology found in FoF's UFO. 

• Like 2

Orion is also a hunter.. they could take the theming in that direction rather than a space theme

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So what about the X-Base sign? Why did they remove it entirely? Do you guys think it will come back, or maybe rename the area to something else to fit FoF and the new coaster?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sorner said:

So what about the X-Base sign? Why did they remove it entirely? Do you guys think it will come back, or maybe rename the area to something else to fit FoF and the new coaster?

I don't know for sure...but I'd guess with the lack of Firehawk and that X-Base was considered a portion of Coney Mall, it was unnecessary to have. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sorner said:

Considering that the park has taken down almost every entrance sign to the different sections of the park, I wouldn't expect this one to return.

Pretty sure that Planet Snoopy is now the only park area with an entrance sign. The rest of the park sections have been almost stripped of their identity. With the return of some of the park's theming I expected some to return....... Anyway, back to decoding....

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic