Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

I don't know for sure...but I'd guess with the lack of Firehawk and that X-Base was considered a portion of Coney Mall, it was unnecessary to have. 

True, but they could have returned it to this. Oh well! 

8B6B8C6B-DC87-42A8-92B3-EF4D88C1D5DD.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

They really could have...but aside from users on KIC and other enthusiasts I doubt many really notice it's gone.

I see this argument a lot and I get it, but it doesn’t mean the park shouldn’t try haha. The general public might not notice much, but that doesn’t mean take down all the signs and theming around the park because it goes unnoticed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sorner said:

I see this argument a lot and I get it, but it doesn’t mean the park shouldn’t try haha. The general public might not notice much, but that doesn’t mean take down all the signs and theming around the park because it goes unnoticed. 

I completely agree...just trying to look at reasons they do things.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

I completely agree...just trying to look at reasons they do things.

Right, I understand. I’m a big Disney and Universal fan too, and it seems like if a single screw is removed from something at the parks it is noticed and talked about immediately. I tend to point out small things that don’t really matter  

Anyways! I doubt they will rename or add anything to Flight of Fears name. I am hoping to see them spruce up FOF though. There are a bunch small things in the queue that haven’t been seen in a long time. 

• Like 3

WCPO should a) acknowledge your work, b) seek permission to use your work on their website, and c) compensate you for using your work (to whatever extent you come to agreement upon, even if that total is $0)

Do you think John would be happy if you provided a generic link to wcpo.com, then stole the information from one of his stories to provide a story on your on webpage?  Don't think so.

• Like 2

Whatever the name, layout, or color scheme--I hope the trains are the traditional 2 seats wide 

If it’s a B&M, all I’ll say is keep hoping lol

But seriously, B&M does 2 seat very rarely. Their two gigas are both 4 seat, and it is much better for capacity with the added benefit of shorter trains. While it’s not impossible for them to make 2 seat trains for a giga (see Steel Dragon) it is highly unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, medford said:

WCPO should a) acknowledge your work, b) seek permission to use your work on their website, and c) compensate you for using your work (to whatever extent you come to agreement upon, even if that total is $0)

Do you think John would be happy if you provided a generic link to wcpo.com, then stole the information from one of his stories to provide a story on your on webpage?  Don't think so.

they are covered under fair use.......they do not have to acknowledge, pay or ask.  There are stipulations on what is fair use or what not.  However,  this would fall under fair use.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

If it’s a B&M, all I’ll say is keep hoping lol

But seriously, B&M does 2 seat very rarely. Their two gigas are both 4 seat, and it is much better for capacity with the added benefit of shorter trains. While it’s not impossible for them to make 2 seat trains for a giga (see Steel Dragon) it is highly unlikely

I figured...was surprised to discover Steel Dragon was only 2. I just love the exposed feel of a skinny track and nothing on one side or the other. 

• Like 3

Has anyone considered that the X Base sign may have been taken down because that’s where the parade floats might  come from? The Nick Parade floats were too tall for the Coney Mall arch and it was temporarily removed during its run.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Has anyone considered that the X Base sign may have been taken down because that’s where the parade floats might  come from? The Nick Parade floats were too tall for the Coney Mall arch and it was temporarily removed during its run.

But the former arch is bigger then the path through The Racer so that doesn’t really make sense 

• Like 3

The process is very early. Keep watchin' what they do people. Fun times are ahead for us all! I have a gut feeling there's a name floating out there that will throw us for a loop!

Oh blast from the past. Let’s all go back to 2016 when they announced Mystic Timbers and the name instantly became a meme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, medford said:

Lol As a photographer, you guys are kinda weird about credit on this site It’s news so they can use it however they want. They’re not going to pay for a hastily made MS paint doodle of some imaginary coaster lol.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Consider this:  The Cirque show Origins had vines and forest imagery that tied into Mystic Timbers.  Will the current show, Gravity, also foreshadow a future attraction?  Several scoffed at this notion when I mentioned it last year.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Lol As a photographer, you guys are kinda weird about credit on this site It’s news so they can use it however they want. They’re not going to pay for a hastily made MS paint doodle of some imaginary coaster lol.

Nobody said they had to pay us anything for something. But, I also dont really consider that article "news". Lol

So, how would you feel if you took a really, really good picture, then all of a sudden, someone else is claiming it to be theirs? How would that make you feel? Kinda same concept, and again, a "what if" situation. I only like to be credited so people know that I took the picture. Not for any monetary gain. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Nobody said they had to pay us anything for something. But, I also dont really consider that article "news". Lol

So, how would you feel if you took a really, really good picture, then all of a sudden, someone else is claiming it to be theirs? How would that make you feel? Kinda same concept, and again, a "what if" situation. I only like to be credited so people know that I took the picture. Not for any monetary gain. 

It depends on what it is to be honest. If it’s something I put a lot of effort into with lighting and models, I’m probably being paid for it and you shouldn’t redistribute it without the payment that goes with it.

If it’s a photo I took of a cityscape/landscape/whatever and I post it to instagram/the internet for free, I am accepting that it might get redistributed uncredited. As long as people aren’t claiming as their OWN photo, I don’t care where it ends up.

If it’s a cell phone pic, claim it’s your own all you want and I will probably care less lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Diamondbackfanatic said:

they are covered under fair use.......they do not have to acknowledge, pay or ask.  There are stipulations on what is fair use or what not.  However,  this would fall under fair use.

How do you figure it's under "fair use?" Simply because it's "news reporting?" 

2 hours ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

As a professional photographer who's worked for multiple news outlets (both locally and regionally), whether or not they can "use it however they want" is up to some interpretation. I would argue that they can not. Most have policies against this sort of thing. 

At the very least, they should've sought permission from the person who created it, especially an organization that offers a subscription service and is known to not take kindly to those that copy/paste their full length articles. 

And as someone who's photos were used on here [KIC] recently, I very much appreciate the credit/attribution/link back. KIC has always been courteous about this and I appreciate that the mods make it a thing.

Edited for tone, didn't mean to sound so snarky.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

^This. They did leave the one X base sign too 

IMG_6309.JPG

• Like 4

It should be noted: They are very strict with how we do things here because we have a very strong relationship with the park itself. We are essentially the closest thing to an "official" forum. What we do and say can be seen by some as representing the park. 

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic