Decoding 2020

fryoj

31 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

Hey guys just because its in a hard place to find in the forum and it has to due with the 2020 attraction just wanted to let everyone know I created a topic for designing your own 2020 attraction using my rct2 recreation and then sharing your ideas with the community!Paramount's Kings Island 2019-05-08 11-44-37.png

Heres the link to the topic:

thanks!

i love the idea but i think planet coaster would be a better alternative! it allows for more realistic layouts and themeing creativity. dont get me wrong i freaking adore RCT2

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Well if you insist. Recognize this is from memory and my memory isn’t the best, nor are my sketching skills.

50B2EE86-5AB5-4C4A-908D-37AE2B31390E.jpeg

The red rectangle represents a bunch of closely set footings that appeared to be delineating the station. The purple lines represent rows of somewhat farther spaced individual footings, and I do recall they seemed to make a hard left turn toward the station. The blue lines represent widely spaced larger footings that I’m assuming are the beginning of the lift hill. 

That definitely looks like the start of a coaster. Looks like a layout (pre-lift) similar to Fury. Final brake run, turn into the station, with the car-trolley (while not in use(cant think of the name of it this second)), then up the lift. 

Here is Fury mirrored... it looks pretty darn similar. 20190508_124426.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

i love the idea but i think planet coaster would be a better alternative! it allows for more realistic layouts and themeing creativity. dont get me wrong i freaking adore RCT2

If someones up to it absolutely, me personally though I own a mac.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

That definitely looks like the start of a coaster. Looks like a layout (pre-lift) similar to Fury. Final brake run, turn into the station, with the car-trolley (while not in use(cant think of the name of it this second)), then up the lift. 

I believe it's called the ride maintenance facility or something like that. Is that what you are talking about? 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Well if you insist. Recognize this is from memory and my memory isn’t the best, nor are my sketching skills.

The red rectangle represents a bunch of closely set footings that appeared to be delineating the station. The purple lines represent rows of somewhat farther spaced individual footings, and I do recall they seemed to make a hard left turn toward the station. The blue lines represent widely spaced larger footings that I’m assuming are the beginning of the lift hill. 

Based on that, I'm thinking it's Brake run, turn, storage shed, transfer track, station, then lift. With the curved footers turning into the side like that, it's not likely to start with the station. The train would need to get straight first. It wouldn't need to be straight while next to the storage shed. 

Just a thought but: 

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.17.09 PM.png

• Like 1

Confirmed:

There is a large area of clearing, starting with the removal of Firehawk and extending out to or past the end of the Brake Shed for The Beast.

B&M is listed on the commencement documents on the city's planning department

Orion and Polaris have been trademarked by Cedar Fair for use of their names on t-shirts, key chains, mugs, etc...

CSF has 2 different set of tracks out on their lot, both are labeled as mega coasters (anything over 200+ in the B&M design catalog)

Basically confirmed:

the first set of track is heading to Hersey park

Speculation:

The second set of track is heading to KI

The cleared out area allows for enough room for a giga (300+ feet tall)

Rumor:

Everything else.

• Like 6

With @Magenta Lizard's new information, this seems like a good time to bring this up. (I think it may have been posted here previously by someone, so I apologize if I have taken your information.) Looking back at track piece ST9 for project MCT, we can tell that ST9 is the entire loading station for the ride. On each side of the track just inside the rails, there are raised mounts for what I'm guessing is part of the rides restraint release. There are 8 pairs of the mounts, corresponding with 8 rows for the train. Combine with what we already know (lift spine on one end, lack of bolt holes on the other), we can say for certain that the transfer will be before the station and the trains will exit the station straight into the lift. That matches very well with what Liz described to us.

spacer.png
Photo credit to Midway Mayhem

EDIT: I also believe it will be as @fryojdescribed above.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, pkiknex25 said:

With @Magenta Lizard's new information, this seems like a good time to bring this up. (I think it may have been posted here previously by someone, so I apologize if I have taken your information.) Looking back at track piece ST9 for project MCT, we can tell that ST9 is the entire loading station for the ride. On each side of the track just inside the rails, there are raised mounts for what I'm guessing is part of the rides restraint release. There are 8 pairs of the mounts, corresponding with 8 rows for the train. Combine with what we already know (lift spine on one end, lack of bolt holes on the other), we can say for certain that the transfer will be before the station and the trains will exit the station straight into the lift. That matches very well with what Liz described to us.

Photo credit to Midway Mayhem

EDIT: I also believe it will be as @fryojdescribed above.

In all that analyzing of that piece, I never noticed the other end didn't have bolt holes. Nice catch. It also pretty much confirms the layout of the station area. 

12 minutes ago, medford said:

Basically confirmed:

the first set of track is heading to Hersey park

That is confirmed. Midway Mayhem's pics had a closeup of a tag. It literally says Hersheypark on it. 

• Like 3

I was reading through the 2017 decoding thread to see when the plans for Mystic Timbers were leaked. It looks like they were first taken from public record on June 9, 2016 and posted on a Facebook page under Kings Island Expo.

They could be there currently or definitely within the next couple of weeks.

Edit:

Also the blueprints show a date of June 1, 2016

102a674b1c749a73b7dd396ae3fed856.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

So, theoretically, if I had time today to go in person to ask for filed permits, what would I ask for? Where would I go?

I believe the Mason Municipal Center, and the Engineering, Building, and Planning Dept. Ask for either the Kings Island construction blueprints and/or Project X blueprints. As I said, the ones I saw were filed April 18, and there may be more recent ones. E2EB3471-BEBF-4ECB-B66B-AF744E5DAE04.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I believe the Mason Municipal Center. Ask for either the Kings Island construction blueprints and/or Project X blueprints. As I said, the ones I saw were filed April 18, and there may be more recent ones. E2EB3471-BEBF-4ECB-B66B-AF744E5DAE04.png

What’s the difference between this and the Warren County building and zoning department we were linked to yesterday?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Here is video from 2016 coasterstock. Notice after Don says he can’t confirm or deny a Giga is coming, Dennis says “it’s coming”. Starts around 12:00 mark.

And that was taken the year before Mystic Timbers opened. I'm sure he meant after 2017 though. But that was the time people speculated MT was a giga.

• Like 2

Because Kings Island was annexed by Mason, they file with the city rather than the county now. If you do a records search through the Warren County site you’ll see that none of the recent projects have any listings there. It just happens that some troll was able to write a URL that made the county site say pretty much anything they wanted it to. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Because Kings Island was annexed by Mason, they file with the city rather than the county now. If you do a records search through the Warren County site you’ll see that none of the recent projects have any listings there. It just happens that some troll was able to write a URL that made the county site say pretty much anything they wanted it to. 

En route. Will post updates if I find anything

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Here is video from 2016 coasterstock. Notice after Don says he can’t confirm or deny a Giga is coming, Dennis says “it’s coming”. Starts around 12:00 mark.

Dennis Speigel knows no more than the rest of us.  Remember a few years ago when he told the local news that the footings in Rivertown proved that they were for a dive coaster?

He's a very nice and knowledgeable guy, that has a place in Kings Island's (and moreso Kings Dominion's) early history.  But he has no say, or knowledge, over any of KI's current installs.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic