Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, ldhudsonjr said:

Can someone give me the context to this? I've seen a few mentions about Dippin Dots and leaks here.

It was an old joke where people claimed to have inside information from a source that works at the park and the information always turned out wrong so people joked that the individual got the information from the dippin dots work who knows nothing 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Someone could use those coordinates to map every footer, right?

Should be able to with google earth and/or google maps. It would be long and tedious work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Can someone give me the context to this? I've seen a few mentions about Dippin Dots and leaks here.

Enthusiasts often tout bogus rumors to coming from Dippin Dots employees as they are branded as 'Ice Cream of the Future'. 

But Lemon Chill employees are responsible for the even more bogus rumors IMHO. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

It was an old joke where people claimed to have inside information from a source that works at the park and the information always turned out wrong so people joked that the individual got the information from the dippin dots work who knows nothing 

Oh lol, that's kind of a funny. I was imagining you guys were talking about some kindly wise old man who worked at Dippin Dots and could always tell you things he wasn't supposed to know. I kind of wish my version was true, lol.

Edited for spelling.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

there is a scale at the bottom of the page, 1"=20', so if you can determine how many inches across the page the lift will extend, then multiply that by 20' you will get the horizontal distance of the lift.  If you assume a 45 deg lift as people have indicated is commen, then that will also equal the vertical height (plus whatever distance is sits off the ground for final elevation)

Make sense?

Also, that north area is likely project north, not true north, so you won't be able to get an exact orientation of the lift, but your general premise is correct.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Here’s your lift hill footers.

This is a a giga. No doubt in my mind.

lift hill run appears to be roughly 450-500 feet long ish. Hard to say without a ruler.

I did some basic math based on Fury’s lift hill angle and it looks like based on that we could be looking at 350-380 feet high.

We’re getting a record breaker boys.

9B4289F8-09EB-4ECF-A11B-7235BF403E33.jpeg

So since this print says north is straight up the page, the lift will be facing almost directly away from ET correct?

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 4.28.32 PM.png

• Like 2

taking a stab here, and based simply on where I think the lift starts, and where I think it drops (and I'm making huge assumptions here) and also knowing the size of the paper they are likely plotted on and I think we're looking at something with roughly a 350' high elevation.

Also, its worth looking up fury's lift supports on google maps to give you some perspective as this should be fairly similar.

I'm thinking the footings at the top left are the station, you'll enter thru xbase with the loading side closest to x-base (and the exit on the opposite end, you'll walk down stars then exit underneath the turnaround after the brake run.  then you will pass thru the transfer station (second rectangular block of footings) then proceed up the lift hill  The peak of the lift hill will be approx, if not dead equal with the intersection of the lift and the middle of the first triangular footing.  The last footing where the base of the spine runs into as it comes down the hill, similar to fury's support.

The footings at the top of the page are for the brake run, this appears to be almost identical to fury's footing setup, but mirrored as someone posted above.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Perhaps that random stake in the middle of the sidewalk near FOF?  Who knows.

The distances between whatever acts as the zero point, and the coordinates for the footers is around a mile. So, if that stake is zero point, the coaster isn’t going to be anywhere nearby :)

I do think it would be an interesting project to puzzle out what the zero point is from the coordinates given in the Mystic Timbers/Project 2017 drawings, now that we know where it actually went. But it would be quite the project and I don’t know if it is what they use for all projects anyway. 

The most definitive data will be when footings start going in. That will probably give us a much more understandable idea of the orientation than trying to puzzle out these coordinates. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Reesesp56 said:

The yellow box is throwing me off... any ideas?

20190508_163840.jpg

The way the track comes back in makes me think this is an out and back coaster and won't go towards SOB area if the station is where Firehawk was. 

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic