Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, Banding Banshee said:

There is a scale on the prints though that indicate the length.  1"=20ft in the drawings

Yes that’s what I see as well. I just misread it in my excitement lol

That means the lift run is somewhere around 200 feet long, which is INCREDIBLY puzzling given that the supports do look much like that of Fury.

• Like 4

Wellll.....

I took the real plans and laid them over google maps of Leviathan and Fury. I used the transfer track for scale as that should be fairly uniform. The lift size at the scale lines up fairly well with Leviathan. It was clearly smaller than Fury. While it may be a bit early to claim doom and gloom, you may want to go ahead and put the pitchforks in your Amazon cart. 

• Like 4

The footer labels match up to the MCT track perfectly as far a I can tell. Two support connections for ST4, one each for STs 5-7, and two for ST9 in the station. I'm now very confident that project MCT is for Kings Island

• Like 3

Just now, silver2005 said:

Are you making those lift length predictions going on a straight line?  This thing is going to be going up at a 45 degree angle.  The elevation change will probably add more length.

Yes. What I am saying is that the horizontal length of the lift hill along the ground is 200ish feet, which won’t get you to a respectable giga height unless it’s at an absurd angle

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Banding Banshee said:

how are you guys getting 355 ft. Im getting nowhere near that...  also what is everyone wanting sent to them?

This is what I'm wondering as well. According to those plans, the lift hill only covers about 200 feet of land horizontally, far less than Fury 325. Google maps shows Fury 325's lift hill covering 400 feet+ of land horizontally. Or am I looking at it wrong?

ki vs 325.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

Are you making those lift length predictions going on a straight line?  This thing is going to be going up at a 45 degree angle.  The elevation change will probably add more length.

If you find the length of the base of the lift hill (so the horizontal length running from start of lift hill to the end of lift hill). you can use trigonometry to figure out the lengths of the other side. because you already have the 45 degree angle measure

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

This is what I'm wondering as well. According to those plans, the lift hill only covers about 200 feet of land horizontally, far less than Fury 325. Google maps shows Fury 325's lift hill covering 400 feet+ of land horizontally. Or am I looking at it wrong?

ki vs 325.jpg

See my earlier post. I misread the scale and goofed up because I was trying to decode it in my car 

now that I’m home with a ruler etc I see how wrong I was.

you are correct here. It’s unfortunate but I don’t think there’s any way at all that this is a giga.

• Like 3

Just now, RuthlessAirtime said:

These are publicly available blueprints that legally have to be on record 

I’m talking about the user who posted the blueprints that showed terrain, nearby buildings and the entire track layout. They then quickly deleted them.

• Like 4

Just now, Ben43065 said:

I’m talking about the user who posted the blueprints that showed terrain, nearby buildings and the entire track layout. They then quickly deleted them.

Check your PMs

• Like 1

PM me too! All I have seen is photos of paper, and just because the scale is depicted doesn’t mean it was printed ‘to scale’. Any time a document is forced to a printer’s paper size it immediately messes up the scale. These could be half size drawings or just printed to fit 11x17 paper. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ben43065 said:

So is it a giga based off what you have seen?

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic