Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

People have made the trip out to city hall to get what they could to contribute to this thread, but now people who happened upon the actual plans will not contribute them to the thread?

That is how I feel, but I perfectly understand why some users do not want to share for legal reasons!

Can't get sued sharing photos through PMs lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Alright man, can you at least tell us if it looked good? Also, I am curious as to why people who HAVE seen it are completely convinced of it's authenticity, can you shed some light on that at least?

The photos had an incredible amount of detail that only a professional would have been able to make. I don’t think the user realized what he had truly done until he deleted the photos. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

This is absolutely a giga.  It’s far more likely that we’re getting a giga with incorrect scaling on the blueprints than we are to get a 150 foot-tall coaster with giga supports, footers and track.  Come on guys.

I agree with you on the giga supports.  It does not make sense. The picture I posted on pg. 57 of my math was based off of the scale.  I was simply showing how to solve for the height and length of the lift.  and showing how I got my answer.  I agree that the Giga supports ,and the height I of the lift hill I got, do not match the support style or make sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

People have made the trip out to city hall to get what they could to contribute to this thread, but now people who happened upon the actual plans will not contribute them to the thread?

That is how I feel, but I perfectly understand why some users do not want to share for legal reasons!

Legally there's not a lot of reprecussion to be had, especially since your not the one who leaked them, you simply downloaded a PDF from a forums site lol, and then posted shared what was there to others. Can't legally attack someone who can without a shrill bit of doubt claim lack of knowledge of them being non public domain as they didn't receive them personally in a PM for did the post say it wasn't public domain.

Edited by Bwb.32
Spelling fix, addition to comments to avoid double post
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

I'm here to try and figure out what this thing is. Seeing as how some already know what it is makes the decoding seem pointless Imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Very ironic huh

• Like 2

The photos had an incredible amount of detail that only a professional would have been able to make. I don’t think the user realized what he had truly done until he deleted the photos. 

I’m getting the sense that you and other who saw the “leak” aren’t impressed with what you saw and don’t want to share it for fear of backlash to KI from fans for it not being the record breaking GIga so many wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bwb.32 said:

Legally there's not a lot of reprecussion to be had, especially since your no the one who leaked them, you simply downloaded a PDF from a forums site lol

No kidding, they just want to be special

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Phantom Theater said:

Can't get sued sharing photos through PMs lol

Good point! I do not think there are many users who do not want to see the photos! Trying to figure out what the coaster is will leave a sour taste in our mouths knowing that some users already know!

• Like 3

Just now, Bwb.32 said:

Legally there's not a lot of reprecussion to be had, especially since your no the one who leaked them, you simply downloaded a PDF from a forums site lol

Agreed. Any repercussions would come down on the employee that decided to leak them in the first place. None of us have any contractual obligation with Kings Island to keep those documents secret, you can share them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bwb.32 said:

This. Everyone is acting like if they even so much as look at the screenshots again they're gonna get a knock on the door and a "FBI OPEN UP".

Not the case.

• Like 8

We can see that whatever this mystery coaster is will be using a lift structure similar to Leviathan and Fury, yet the ruler suggests that the lift structure is only going to be around 200ft in length, which is about half the length of Fury/Leviathans lift structures... This entire situation is quite the enigma...

• Like 2

Just now, DonkeyKong said:

I’m getting the sense that you and other who saw the “leak” aren’t impressed with what you saw and don’t want to share it for fear of backlash to KI from fans for it not being the record breaking GIga so many wanted.

That or it never happened and we're being trolled. The people who shared/saw them are being awfully quiet now. Pretty awful thing to do to a fanbase. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DonkeyKong said:

This is probably it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

This. Everyone is acting like if they even so much as look at the screenshots again they're gonna get a knock on the door and a "FBI OPEN UP".

Not the case.

Anyway. I suggest we stay on topic and try to decode what we do have. Fighting about this is just going to clog up this thread even more and make it more difficult for us to figure out what's going on.

Decoding when the entire coaster layout is out there “somewhere” sounds pointless to me! No hate towards anyone though!

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Imaniixo said:

I honestly have a feeling the scale on the blueprints is being misinterpreted. Those supports on the blueprints look identical to the ones found on Fury.

This is that 200 ft tall wing coaster B&M built in China. Those lift-hill supports look like a good match to those in the diagram to me. Even the turn-around is the same.  I'm afraid we're looking at a 200 ft wing coaster. I hope I'm wrong. I've been wanting a giga for years.

BM.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

That’s great, except detail can mean multiple things. Is it similar to the Mystic Timbers leak? Since we can’t see it it would be nice if you would at least elaborate a little further.

• Like 1

This is that 200 ft tall wing coaster B&M built in China. Those lift-hill supports look like a good match to those in the diagram to me. Even the turn-around is the same.  I'm afraid we're looking at a 200 ft wing coaster. I hope I'm wrong. I've been wanting a giga for years.
BM.thumb.jpg.6c3b70fecc171e939276de0fb152bd8b.jpg

If this is the case it should make fan from other parks very happy to watch us be wrong once again about getting a giga..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

This is that 200 ft tall wing coaster B&M built in China. Those supports look like a good match to those in the diagram to me. Even the turn-around is the same.  I'm afraid we're looking at a 200 ft wing coaster. I hope I'm wrong. I've been wanting a giga for years.

BM.jpg

To channel my inner Michael Scott... If it's a wing coaster, I am going to kill myself and it will be Cedar Fair's fault.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath, and think of what is known. We already know b&m is working with KI, we know b&m uses CSF for their manufacturing, there are pieces of track to a coaster with no official home, and those pieces appear to be of a giga size. The official drawings that we have appear to be similar to Fury. Right now every is pointing to giga so dont worry.

• Like 6

I don’t think this is a wing.  There is still giga track at CSF and only KI has been rumored to get one.  No Wing Coaster track at CSF.  I just don’t see KI adding a wing when GateKeeper is only a few years old just up the road, and Thunderbird just down the other way.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

BM.jpg

Something important about this: it doesn’t have the same exact support layout, including the cross section found on the bottom support.

• Like 4

Ran this through Bluebeam. Scale is actually 1" = 40'-0". I did this by referencing the footing schedule which gave me the diameter of the piers. What is called out there as 36"Ø shows up on the plan as exactly 1'-6", meaning the scale was off. 

This means that the lift length is approximately 335' by my measurements. At a 45° lift angle, that means that the height would be around that same number. If anyone is interested in how I came to that conclusion I can post an image. 

And no, I am not an "Engineer Wannabe". 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Ran this through Bluebeam. Scale is actually 1" = 40'-0". I did this by referencing the footing schedule which gave me the diameter of the piers. What is called out there as 36"Ø shows up on the plan as exactly 1'-6", meaning the scale was off. 
This means that the lift length is approximately 335' by my measurements. At a 45° lift angle, that means that the height would be around that same number. If anyone is interested in how I came to that conclusion I can post an image. 
And no, I am not an "Engineer Wannabe". 

Yes if you could please share this. With your engineering background what is your certainty on this?

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic