Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Suuuuuch BS

Exactly, they apparently just want to be special now and be the only ones to know, especially since I just poked holes right through their "but legal action" boat hahaha

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I don’t think this is a wing.  There is still giga track at CSF and only KI has been rumored to get one.  No Wing Coaster track at CSF.  I just don’t see KI adding a wing when GateKeeper is only a few years old just up the road, and Thunderbird just down the other way.

Definitely, you have 4 B&M wing coasters within a 360 mile radius of Kings Island. GateKeeper, Thunderbird, Wild Eagle, and X-Flight.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Ran this through Bluebeam. Scale is actually 1" = 40'-0". I did this by referencing the footing schedule which gave me the diameter of the piers. What is called out there as 36"Ø shows up on the plan as exactly 1'-6", meaning the scale was off. 

This means that the lift length is approximately 335' by my measurements. At a 45° lift angle, that means that the height would be around that same number. If anyone is interested in how I came to that conclusion I can post an image. 

And no, I am not an "Engineer Wannabe". 

Please do.

Also, so basically, the explanation for pic related being off is they "screwed up"? How could something like that slip by on something official like this? 

scale.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Ran this through Bluebeam. Scale is actually 1" = 40'-0". I did this by referencing the footing schedule which gave me the diameter of the piers. What is called out there as 36"Ø shows up on the plan as exactly 1'-6", meaning the scale was off. 

This means that the lift length is approximately 335' by my measurements. At a 45° lift angle, that means that the height would be around that same number. If anyone is interested in how I came to that conclusion I can post an image. 

And no, I am not an "Engineer Wannabe". 

You are the real deal? Ha! No offense, the reason I posted that was that somebody knowledgeable would show up. LOL

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

If only we could see it...

I promise Ben40365 said it was a giga, and he said it turned around where the clearing ends now! He said there were no inversions and that it was not too big!

I am not trolling!

• Like 1

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/12XMGIWtrHBl5e" width="480" height="392" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/the-office-no-steve-carell-12XMGIWtrHBl5e">via GIPHY</a></p>
11 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

This is that 200 ft tall wing coaster B&M built in China. Those lift-hill supports look like a good match to those in the diagram to me. Even the turn-around is the same.  I'm afraid we're looking at a 200 ft wing coaster. I hope I'm wrong. I've been wanting a giga for years.

BM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look at the way the track is positioned off to one side of the station, it's not a wing coaster. The 40' scale is wrong and I assume is the default on the template that no one changed. If this was the scale, the station would be about 30' x 11' feet.. which just doesn't work for any type of coaster. The 1"=20' is the correct scale. Someone needs to take a ruler or tape with them next time. 

• Like 2

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

I promise Ben40365 said it was a giga, and he said it turned around where the clearing ends now! He said there were no inversions and it was not that huge!

I can’t read blueprints, I said I thought it was a giga based off of the fact we saw the earlier blueprints leaked with the backbone 

• Like 2

Ok, so I got excited and I ran the coordinates from LS1 and L8R, as given in the filed blueprints. They’re ~307 feet apart. That gives an approximate length (along the ground) of the lift hill to be around 300 feet. It won’t be starting at the ground, so if the lift is 45 degrees, it /will/ be a giga, but not a record breaking one: just a little over 300 feet. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Magenta Lizard said:

Ok, so I got excited and I ran the coordinates from LS1 and L8R, as given in the filed blueprints. They’re ~307 feet apart. That gives an approximate length (along the ground) of the lift hill to be around 300 feet. It won’t be starting at the ground, so if the lift is 45 degrees, it /will/ be a giga, but not a record breaking one: just a little over 300 feet. 

Now we just need to see what the drop will be. Hopefully longer than the height.

• Like 3

Just now, Ben43065 said:

I can’t read blueprints, I said I thought it was a giga based off of the fact we saw the earlier blueprints leaked with the backbone 

Just now, Ben43065 said:

If you can't read them then post them so someone who can read blueprints can give us an answer on that. Don't worry about legal action I already poked holes in your boat on that. They can't come after you for reposting something that was leaked already.

• Like 4

I compared the actual footer diagram pics to Leviathan and Fury. It lines up with Leviathan, but is smaller than Fury. If it's a Giga, it's barely a giga. To be a record breaker for height it'll have to be a steeper lift than Fury.  

That being said. I don't have the PDF, so I cannot share it, but I have seen some screen shots. I understand why there's hesitation to post them. This place is going to melt down. The layout is very underwhelming. The clearing that is done now is all of it and it doesn't even use all that space. It's not twisty at all. Very straight, very few curves. A single helix. If its taller than Fury, it's going to have a hell of a time burning off the speed. I'm hoping it's an airtime monster. I believe the leaked doc to be legit. It is much more detailed than the MT layout leaked. It shows the buildings, coasters and topography around it. It matches the plans in the station area precisely. The only way this is not legit, is if it's an intentional red herring thrown out by the park. But if that's the case, I think it would still be up. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I’m referring to the public photos of the main footer we saw earlier that showed backbone

I brought this up a week  ago to look for that foot and it was debunked.  Valravn at Cedar Point has the same footer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

can someone PM me the PDF please 

Nobody has it. The original poster quickly deleted it, Ben23065 at least saw it, and codyfryguy had it saved but deleted before PMing anyone. Unless a mod reverts the original post to reveal it (snowball's chance in hell), it's gone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Also a big thank you to the two users that took time and money out of their pocket today to get us the blueprints!

No problem. Just trying to help. Took me an hour to get home with rush hour but I didn't mind. 

I believe Bansheeback beat me to the punch by literally 5 minutes, however

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I compared the actual footer diagram pics to Leviathan and Fury. It lines up with Leviathan, but is smaller than Fury. If it's a Giga, it's barely a giga. To be a record breaker for height it'll have to be a steeper lift than Fury.  

That being said. I don't have the PDF, so I cannot share it, but I have seen some screen shots. I understand why there's hesitation to post them. This place is going to melt down. The layout is very underwhelming. The clearing that is done now is all of it and it doesn't even use all that space. It's not twisty at all. Very straight, very few curves. A single helix. If its taller than Fury, it's going to have a hell of a time burning off the speed. I'm hoping it's an airtime monster. I believe the leaked doc to be legit. It is much more detailed than the MT layout leaked. It shows the buildings, coasters and topography around it. It matches the plans in the station area precisely. The only way this is not legit, is if it's an intentional red herring thrown out by the park. But if that's the case, I think it would still be up. 

image.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

No problem. Just trying to help. Took me an hour to get home with rush hour but I didn't mind. 

I believe Bansheeback beat me to the punch by literally 5 minutes, however

Same here, I love speculating just as much as you guys do!

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic