Decoding 2020

fryoj

9 minutes ago, Imaniixo said:

I have rode it, and I love it. For me, it’s all about the elements included on Dragster, which in its case is the top hat and the spiral drop. Again, the layout is a pretty important part of a ride, as shown in this case. Not sure where the disconnect is on that for you.

I think we are saying the same thing. I'd rather have dragster than pretty much any ride. But the layout from above, a big paper clip, looks like it would be a terrible ride. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Banding Banshee said:

Someone from Kings Island probably just watched all this go down and is either dying laughing or frantically trying to figure out how plans got leaked 

Just because of the timing that PDF got put out, it might be the first one. Like someone was telling us to forget the blueprints, here's the whole thing.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Here you go. In my opinion, Definitely a Giga. 

9B4289F8-09EB-4ECF-A11B-7235BF403E33.jpeg.8dd4b8e3cc7accc91944949f7162aeec.jpg

So... basically you're determining this by saying that the footing is 3 feet wide... and it's to exact scale with everything else in the diagram... and a little over 111 of those footings would fit withing the length of that lift hill? Thus around 335 feet?

How did a program determine this? Is it measuring pixels from the .jpg? Or basically like a ruler overlay? 

Are things like representations of footings drawn to *exact scale* in diagrams like these? I had always assumed not. I would assume the actual distance scale they put on there would be accurate. Can you explain how you arrived at this in a little more detail?

• Like 2

Just now, thatguyfromohio said:

I’d like to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well apparently the very fabric of space/time would begin to deteriorate if anyone other than those who have already seen the layout saw it, so the rest of us will have to wait for the announcement :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Just because of the timing that PDF got put out, it might be the first one. Like someone was telling us to forget the blueprints, here's the whole thing.

I think the timing and the fact that it was pirateanon’s first post kind of forces us to be skeptical. That may be partially because we’ve been forced to not see it. Also am I the only one surprised We haven’t seen a statement from the mods like we did with the international street pics? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, presto123 said:

How bout we get somebody on here that can actually READ blueprints? No offense...I don't trust any of you wannabe engineers/construction experts:)

Two years as a structural steel designer, and have worked on permits for several steel buildings around the country. I can read them, but it would be easier to have the original size print (most likely an 24×48) that way I can use a scale ruler on it baced on the notes scale. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

So... basically you're determining this by saying that the footing is 3 feet wide... and it's to exact scale with everything else in the diagram... and a little over 111 of those footings would fit withing the length of that lift hill? Thus around 335 feet?

How did a program determine this? Is it measuring pixels from the .jpg? Or basically like a ruler overlay? 

Are things like representations of footings drawn to *exact scale* in diagrams like these? I had always assumed not. I would assume the actual distance scale they put on there would be accurate. Can you explain how you arrived at this in a little more detail?

They will use the coordinate sheet for the locations, then use the detail drawings provided for the specific dimensions and tolerances the footers have to meet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vortex39 said:

Can you explain what you mean?

Exactly what I said. That “ruler” is wrong. It is wrong by excactly 2. It is every common on engineering drawings to use a template, and it is possible that the scale bar is the default one for that template and wasn’t changed. 

• Like 2

Just now, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Is this what the PDF blueprint looked like or just your estimation?

defintely pdf worthy, thats super accurate liek they said 

(lol)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, riptombraider said:

I think the timing and the fact that it was pirateanon’s first post kind of forces us to be skeptical. That may be partially because we’ve been forced to not see it. Also am I the only one surprised We haven’t seen a statement from the mods like we did with the international street pics? 

I’m even more skeptical following last nights debacle. Two people with no history on KIC posting information and then disappearing. We were shown last night someone can post false information that looks real just by being good with a computer. What’s to say that’s not the case here?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

Sure. The program is called Bluebeam- it is used for marking up PDFs for construction and the like. I calibrated the program using the scale bar as-is, so when I measure anything on the document it shows me what that would be at the scale I've indicated. When I measured the footing and got 18", I figured that the scale must have been wrong. Recalibrating as shown on the bottom for the 40' of the scale to be 80', I was able to verify that footing was indeed 36"Ø and then used my now-calibrated tool to determine the length of the lift. Typically yes, the things in these kinds of drawings are drawn to exact scale. 

2 minutes ago, Rockfrog33 said:

Two years as a structural steel designer, and have worked on permits for several steel buildings around the country. I can read them, but it would be easier to have the original size print (most likely an 24×48) that way I can use a scale ruler on it baced on the notes scale. 

Looks more like a standard Arch D size to me, or 24x36.

1 minute ago, DustinTheNow said:

Exactly what I said. That “ruler” is wrong. It is wrong by excactly 2. It is every common on engineering drawings to use a template, and it is possible that the scale bar is the default one for that template and wasn’t changed. 

Only problem is, this drawing has all of the hallmarks of a document prepared in Revit- which would automatically reflect the scale of the drawing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

A5FE3E3F-16F1-447E-A3DB-90DA7E22EDBF.png

That layout doesnt suck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kissfan4 said:

They will use the coordinate sheet for the locations, then use the detail drawings provided for the specific dimensions and tolerances the footers have to meet. 

That's what I thought. So basically we are looking at a ~200 ft lift hill?

Is anything wrong with how things are measured (as an estimation) in the below pic that anyone can point out? I don't want to be looking at a ~200 foot lift hill, I wanted a giga, but that's what I see.

ki doc.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Can someone give me the context to this? I've seen a few mentions about Dippin Dots and leaks here.

Its a reference to on going joke during i believe the Mystic Timbers decoding thread... we had a good bit of trolls throwing around false information and i cant remember who started it but someone said they ere getting the inside scoop from the dippin dots guy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Exactly what I said. That “ruler” is wrong. It is wrong by excactly 2. 

But no one can explain how they arrived at that determination, that the scale is off by 2? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeastlyKI said:

I’m even more skeptical following last nights debacle. Two people with no history on KIC posting information and then disappearing. We were shown last night someone can post false information that looks real just by being good with a computer. What’s to say that’s not the case here?

No kidding though. And through the past 10 pages of this nonsense all of a sudden I’m seeing a ton of brand new posters. My frustration with not seeing the pdf is that there’s no way it’s real. No way a company who lands a job with a company like Cedar Fair would ever break the nda, not in this age of social media. No way that happens 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DubVLegend said:

Its a reference to on going joke during i believe the Mystic Timbers decoding thread... we had a good bit of trolls throwing around false information and i cant remember who started it but someone said they ere getting the inside scoop from the dippin dots guy

That tired “joke” has been around since the 90s.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic