Decoding 2020

fryoj

6 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

When I measured the footing and got 18"

So you are saying the footer you used on the diagram is drawn to exact scale in relation to everything else in the diagram and you extrapolated your math from there, right? Thanks.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

So... basically you're determining this by saying that the footing is 3 feet wide... and it's to exact scale with everything else in the diagram... and a little over 111 of those footings would fit withing the length of that lift hill? Thus around 335 feet?

How did a program determine this? Is it measuring pixels from the .jpg? Or basically like a ruler overlay? 

Are things like representations of footings drawn to *exact scale* in diagrams like these? I had always assumed not. I would assume the actual distance scale they put on there would be accurate. Can you explain how you arrived at this in a little more detail?

This guy or gal used Bluebeam, and yes it has a measuring tool based off an initial calibration.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vortex39 said:

So you are saying the footer you used on the diagram is drawn to exact scale in relation to everything else in the diagram and you extrapolated your math from there, right? Thanks.

Correct. I've double checked it with the detail that dimensions the footing at the base of the lift as well. Section 1/S3.3.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I’m so confused. I can’t tell what’s real anymore lol. Was this real? Who made this?7692fe0798549e03e4db93043c88893f.jpg

Best quote of the day!   My sentiments exactly!  Lol!!!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Correct. I've double checked it with the detail that dimensions the footing at the base of the lift as well. Section 1/S3.3.

You standing by your 335 prediction? Thanks for all info.

• Like 3

Just now, presto123 said:

You standing by your 335 prediction? Thanks for all info.

For now. It's possible the actual angle could be 46° or 44°, which would change things slightly. This is just an estimation based on an image. ;)

• Like 3

Just now, bengalsguy23 said:

I think all the people who have the screenshot and aren't sending it just like the attention. Sad really. Wouldn't't be surprised if some of the people claiming they have seen it really haven't.

I agree! Some people might just be looking for attention.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bwb.32 said:

okay so uh? you have the lift hill going the wrong direction? soooooo? the real blueprints we can prove are real show the lift going project north. not the direction youve drawn it. 

Except, as was proven on the Mystic Timbers Plans, Plan North, And True North are not the same.

• Like 2

Just now, bengalsguy23 said:

I think all the people who have the screenshot and aren't sending it just like the attention. Sad really. Wouldn't't be surprised if some of the people claiming they have seen it really haven't.

That’d be like RuthlessAirtime and I went and got the documents, told everyone we had them, and then said we weren’t sharing them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

But as Kissfan4 said a couple of pages back, and what I have always thought as well, "They will use the coordinate sheet for the locations, then use the detail drawings provided for the specific dimensions and tolerances the footers have to meet." i.e. they show the footers location but they're not drawn to scale, i.e. you can't scale things off the representation of footers on the diagram. They're not to scale. The only thing we have to go on to give scale is the actual length scale they gave us, that's its purpose, which indicates the lift hill is around 200 feet long.

You're saying the length scale is wrong because of your estimation based on the footers as represented on the diagram. It seems to me that the actual length scale given is more likely to be accurate than to scale things off a 15 pixel wide representation of a footer, which from what I can gather, is not intended to be scale accurate. 

• Like 3

Yeah because I’ve gotten a ton of positive attention from this. Is it that hard to believe that I actually care about people’s hard work and don’t want to leak the entirety of the project that was not supposed to be leaked? I thought the second I saw the layout I’d be filled with joy and happiness with knowing what’s coming to the park but instead I’m filled with anxiety. This whole summer we could all have looked forward to all the tiny clues and rumors and have fun debunking them but instead you guys want to know almost everything there is to know. I get it you are all curious but think about the park for once. If you were Don or Chad would you really want everything leaked like that by someone who Broke their NDA? Sorry for thinking about the park instead of myself. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

No way in hell thats real.  I could have drawn that with my eyes closed.  I’ll believe it when I see.  Seems to work best for me although this thread is definitely entertaining  

D1D59F94-6D8E-4895-8936-A83EC4E74A16.jpeg

I'm thinking it's not legit as well, but dont discount things just because they seem simple...

diamondback_391.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, Ben43065 said:

Yeah because I’ve gotten a ton of positive attention from this. Is it that hard to believe that I actually care about people’s hard work and don’t want to leak the entirety of the project that was not supposed to be leaked? I thought the second I saw the layout I’d be filled with joy and happiness with knowing what’s coming to the park but instead I’m filled with anxiety. This whole summer we could all have looked forward to all the tiny clues and rumors and have fun debunking them but instead you guys want to know almost everything there is to know. I get it you are all curious but think about the park for once. If you were Don or Chad would you really want everything leaked like that by someone who Broke their NDA? Sorry for thinking about the park instead of myself. 

Can you at least tell us if it looks good or not? I just want to know a little about what is coming.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic