Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, KevM86 said:

No way In hell they make a giga at only 4800' in length. That would be an extremely short ride considering we're talking speeds of 90+ mph. Talk about a waste if that's true. This layout looks more like a typical hyper than a giga. This is bumming me out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sweet, one less person in line.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

Show me those numbers and math please, I don't see it anywhere. He just said in his last post he scaled his calculations off the footer as represented on the diagram. Thank you.

Here is the photo he used.
 spacer.png

• Like 2

Just now, fryoj said:

Off is off. They don't say just get project North close to true North and call it good. It's either dead on or has no correlation. And it looks like 45 degrees to me. You consider that "not far off"?

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.09.29 PM.png

in terms of a plot that large yeah. not fgar off. sorry im only trying to find the holes in what you guys wont just admit was fake, or share with us to prove is real. at this point it wont matter since weve all gotten the idea of what it looks like fromm you all. just share the dang thing and let that be the end of it.

• Like 2

Just now, Bwb.32 said:

in terms of a plot that large yeah. not fgar off. sorry im only trying to find the holes in what you guys wont just admit was fake, or share with us to prove is real. at this point it wont matter since weve all gotten the idea of what it looks like fromm you all. just share the dang thing and let that be the end of it.

You mean doubting and talking down on people as a way to intimidate them in to doing what you want? Wow. You brought the Reddit playbook with you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

I get that I shouldn’t be, but if after all these years we end up with a 301ft giga I will very much be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I think it's okay to be disappointed. Doesn't mean I'm not going to ride it. Doesn't mean I'm not going to love it. It could end up being me favorite in the park. That said, having rode Fury I was hoping for something of that magnitude. So yeah, I'll be a little disappointed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

Show me those numbers and math please, I don't see it anywhere. He just said in his last post he scaled his calculations off the footer as represented on the diagram. Thank you.

Here’s my data and math:09E0930E-2BA3-461A-AD29-3812C5BCCF4C.jpeg

the first values are the (rounded) x and y coordinates of LS1, a footing at the beginning of the lift, and L8R a footing at the end of the lift. The third line is the difference between those values, which gives the distance in the x and y axes. So, using the Pythagorean theorem a squared plus b squared equals c squared, I was able to find the distance of 307 feet. L8R is to the right of the centerline of the coaster track so it means the actual distance along the ground along the path of the coaster is slightly shorter (I didn’t calculate it from there, just estimated around 300).

If the lift is 45 degrees, the height at the top would be the same as the distance traveled on the ground. Except it probably won’t start at ground level. So whatever height it is at the base of the lift, plus ~300 feet.

There you go, figured out mathematically from the blueprint data. Not from an erroneous scale. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Yeah because I’ve gotten a ton of positive attention from this. Is it that hard to believe that I actually care about people’s hard work and don’t want to leak the entirety of the project that was not supposed to be leaked? I thought the second I saw the layout I’d be filled with joy and happiness with knowing what’s coming to the park but instead I’m filled with anxiety. This whole summer we could all have looked forward to all the tiny clues and rumors and have fun debunking them but instead you guys want to know almost everything there is to know. I get it you are all curious but think about the park for once. If you were Don or Chad would you really want everything leaked like that by someone who Broke their NDA? Sorry for thinking about the park instead of myself. 

This literally happens to every ride. The layout always gets leaked because it becomes public record eventually. Don and Chad won't be affected by this. They would still do teasers and all that other stuff for the gp, teasers are for a lot more than enthusiasts. Your filled with anxiety? uhhh what dude, why are you taking this so seriously.

• Like 6

Well I did dm pirateanon for the pdf and never heard back. That helps the hoax claims right? I mean we know from history that KI is not against distractions aka the at pooping up on the website. And they’re very familiar with this page, who’s to say it wasn’t premeditated 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

No way In hell they make a giga at only 4800' in length. That would be an extremely short ride considering we're talking speeds of 90+ mph. Talk about a waste if that's true. This layout looks more like a typical hyper than a giga. This is bumming me out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah.... considering Diamondback is 5300 feet long that would be one short lived ride. Diamondback would probably just barely fit in that plot even. Maybe it's going to be the long-awaited Son of Diamondback??

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, presto123 said:

A 46 degree lift hill would provide how many feet of additional height?

Tangent of 46° is 1.03, so for each foot of lift horizontally, it would be 1.03 vertically. Meaning a 300 ft length would be a 310' height. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Here’s my data and math:

the first values are the (rounded) x and y coordinates of LS1, a footing at the beginning of the lift, and L8R a footing at the end of the lift. The third line is the difference between those values, which gives the distance in the x and y axes. So, using the Pythagorean theorem a squared plus b squared equals c squared, I was able to find the distance of 307 feet. L8R is to the right of the centerline of the coaster track so it means the actual distance along the ground along the path of the coaster is slightly shorter (I didn’t calculate it from there, just estimated around 300).

If the lift is 45 degrees, the height at the top would be the same as the distance traveled on the ground. Except it probably won’t start at ground level. So whatever height it is at the base of the lift, plus ~300 feet.

There you go, figured out mathematically from the blueprint data. Not from an erroneous scale. 

Another thing to consider for those trying to figure lift hill height. Take a look at Leviathan and Fury's lift hills. The tallest support doesn't meet the track at the same point. On Fury, it meets at the peak. On Leviathan, it's on the downhill. That could throw the calculation off some. 

• Like 2

Tangent of 46° is 1.03, so for each foot of lift horizontally, it would be 1.03 vertically. Meaning a 300 ft length would be a 310' height. 

Does Magenta’s calculations makes sense as well? She seems to be at around 300 and you’re at 335.

Can we please have a nerd off
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pkiknex25 said:

Here is the photo he used.
 spacer.png

And around and around we go. I asked him at great length and he said he based his calculations off the physical dimensions of the footer as represented on the diagram.

i.e. "if the 3 foot wide footer as represented is X pixels wide that must mean the lift hill is X long"

I'm saying, and Kissfan4 said, you can't do that. The footers are not meant to be to scale on this diagram.

And you can't say the actual length scale we WERE given (indicating a ~200 ft lift hill) is somehow wrong or a typo because of measurements based on something that is inaccurate to measure in the first place. 

If this diagram is real, then it is something with around a 200 foot lift hill.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic