Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

I hope max force is better than max frustrated which I’m currently on lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude same. When the plans were first posted this all started out with so much promise. lol

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Does Magenta’s calculations makes sense as well? She seems to be at around 300 and you’re at 335.

Can we please have a nerd off emoji851.png

The difference was that the length he measured went past the line of the L8R footing that I was using as the end of the lift hill. I do not know for certain at which point in the footings the lift will end, but I can be relatively sure by its prefix (L) that is still part of the lift. So my 300 ft calc is a minimum. It may be taller (I could be wrong about where it stops, or the angle may be steeper, and there will almost definitely be an additional height from how far it is off the ground at LS1). But it almost certainly won’t be shorter.

• Like 6

I mean, if the plans were shared immediately we’d be discussing its name and theme now. But now we’re all worked up and hyped up and we STILL don’t know what to think or believe haha 

• Like 2

Honestly at this point my theory is that the park leaked the PDF/made it easily leakable just to start drama and if that's the case, it's working.

I’d love to believe that, but it seems super conspiracy theory like.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, thoe124 said:

Honestly at this point my theory is that the park leaked the PDF/made it easily leakable just to start drama and if that's the case, it's working.

thoroughly agree with you, seeing as those who did see it refuse to just share instead relying on flimsy drawings, and claims they wont back up

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

And around and around we go. I asked him at great length and he said he based his calculations off the physical dimensions of the footer as represented on the diagram.

i.e. "if the 3 foot wide footer as represented is X pixels wide that must mean the lift hill is X long"

I'm saying, and Kissfan4 said, you can't do that. The footers are not meant to be to scale on this diagram.

And you can't say the actual length scale we WERE given (indicating a ~200 ft lift hill) is somehow wrong or a typo because of measurements based on something that is inaccurate to measure in the first place. 

If this diagram is real, then it is something with around a 200 foot lift hill.

I am basing that off of physical dimensions as represented on a plan view. I cannot think of any reason why the footings would not be shown at the correct dimensions in plan. I would refute that the footings are not meant to be to scale. If that were true, why put a scale on the drawings at all? Why not add a note that says "See footing and pier schedule for locations of footings- drawing is not to scale and meant for general layout and reference only."

@Magenta Lizard's calculations also seem to verify that the scale on the drawing is incorrect, that the lift is 300+ feet.  Two different methods, two calculations, and similar results. I'll leave it up to you to decide if you'd rather believe ~200 ft or not. 

The diagram is real, it has been permitted. That is not in question. I am unsure why it is difficult to believe that the scale indicated could have been incorrect. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Here’s my data and math:09E0930E-2BA3-461A-AD29-3812C5BCCF4C.jpeg

the first values are the (rounded) x and y coordinates of LS1, a footing at the beginning of the lift, and L8R a footing at the end of the lift. The third line is the difference between those values, which gives the distance in the x and y axes. So, using the Pythagorean theorem a squared plus b squared equals c squared, I was able to find the distance of 307 feet. L8R is to the right of the centerline of the coaster track so it means the actual distance along the ground along the path of the coaster is slightly shorter (I didn’t calculate it from there, just estimated around 300).

If the lift is 45 degrees, the height at the top would be the same as the distance traveled on the ground. Except it probably won’t start at ground level. So whatever height it is at the base of the lift, plus ~300 feet.

There you go, figured out mathematically from the blueprint data. Not from an erroneous scale. 

Thanks again Liz!

One thing I'd like to point out is that on Fury and Leviathan, the supports equivalent to L8R and L8L are positioned still well on the lift portion and a good bit before the crest. What if we used the center point of a line between L13L and L13R as an estimate for the crest?

• Like 4

If you think that’s a conspiracy theory let’s talk about 9/11 lol 

While I stick by conspiracy maybe a more accurate statement is that people here act more entitled/important to Kings Island big wigs than they actually are.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Vortex39 said:

And around and around we go. I asked him at great length and he said he based his calculations off the physical dimensions of the footer as represented on the diagram.

i.e. "if the 3 foot wide footer as represented is X pixels wide that must mean the lift hill is X long"

I'm saying, and Kissfan4 said, you can't do that. The footers are not meant to be to scale on this diagram.

And you can't say the actual length scale we WERE given (indicating a ~200 ft lift hill) is somehow wrong or a typo because of measurements based on something that is inaccurate to measure in the first place. 

If this diagram is real, then it is something with around a 200 foot lift hill.

The problem is the scale on the sheets title says 1”=20’, but the legend ruler shows 1”=10’. Both can’t be true, and my guess is that the title one is true because the little ruler just got copy and pasted from a different sheet, where title is specific to that page.

• Like 3

This may be poor timing seeing a certain recent post but I'd like to showcase the progression of the hype in this thread as shown through the notification bar graph in my phone's settings

8d7612057a3de922f386041bee533e3d.jpg

EDIT: formatting

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

^ That easily could have been faked.  What makes you all think that is 100%, without-a-doubt legitimate?

Well... go ahead and show me how this could have been faked considering how much detail these blueprints have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

^ That easily could have been faked.  What makes you all think that is 100%, without a doubt legitimate?

It's an export straight out of Autocad - it would be extremely hard and time consuming for some random person to make that just to mess with the internet.

• Like 2

^ That easily could have been faked.  What makes you all think that is 100%, without-a-doubt legitimate?

lol yeah, probably faked.

• Like 1

^ That easily could have been faked.  What makes you all think that is 100%, without a doubt legitimate?

There is far too much detail there to have not been created by someone who knew exactly what they were doing. 

• Like 2

Awesome!! That’s all that was wanted. Thank you!! Now to figure out its height accurately and it’s name and theme! I’m so excited! I haven’t been this excited about a coaster since Banshee. 

• Like 3

Just now, theNickC said:

It's an export straight out of Autocad - it would be extremely hard and time consuming for some random person to make that to mess with the internet.

not if you, say, threw it right bak into autocad, coming from somone who uses it lmao, it wouldnt be a ton od work for someone with expeiernce 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pkiknex25 said:

Thanks again Liz!

One thing I'd like to point out is that on Fury and Leviathan, the supports equivalent to L8R and L8L are positioned still well on the lift portion and a good bit before the crest. What if we used the center point of a line between L13L and L13R as an estimate for the crest?

image.jpgMakes a big difference 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic