Decoding 2020

fryoj

The whole timing aspect is suspicious to me. Someone had an account made and were waiting for us to find the blueprints. Maybe Mason was told to give a heads up to KI PR when someone came looking?

The map looks official but could they not have different layouts drawn up?

• Like 3

My only concern is that it looks incredibly short!
Which was also my concern as well... there is a big part of me hoping that this is the parks response to those who went to get the permits today and it isnt the true layout

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

The whole timing aspect is suspicious to me. Someone had an account made and were waiting for us to find the blueprints. Maybe Mason was told to give a heads up to KI PR when someone came looking?

The map looks official but could they not have different layouts drawn up?

I’m sure the second Kings Island filed the paper work they knew I’d be only a matter of time before they got out.

• Like 1

As much as I hate to say it, it would make sense if ours is not record-breaking. Cedar Fair is turning Carowinds into a resort destination (with the addition of the hotel) and in one of their recent conference calls (too lazy at the moment to track down the exact one) they stated their intention to continue to heavily promote Fury 325 and Steel Vengeance. Why would you, as a company, "steal the thunder" of the flagship ride of a park that Cedar Fair is trying to turn into a resort?

That being said, I am hoping we at least get a longer ride than Fury. That is not looking likely though if those blueprints are real.

• Like 5

I got blasted about 10 pages ago now saying that we needed this giga to be a record breaker but I stand by that. It would be a waste to have a meh giga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not necessarily saying we need a record breaker, but we have been waiting years for our Giga and it seems as though we're going to receive the " weakest" giga of the bunch. I'm really hoping they prove me wrong and do something epic with this layout, I'm just not seeing it with this layout though. Looks like we're getting an upgraded Diamondback.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, refrigerator said:

The thing that is the most interesting to me is literally 10 minutes after the plans from the city that 2 people got, the entire layout was spoiled. Almost like big brother was watching and waiting to spoil.

I know. As soon as the blueprints are released, somebody comes and immediately posts a layout that they quickly delete right after. Just seems odd to me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Is no one going to mention the elephant in the room...? Someone broke their Non disclosure agreement BIG TIME and released everything about this project.

I understand why you might question my decision but I know the second I send it someone the whole world will know everything there is to know about this project, is it really fair to leak everything before a single teaser goes up?

I don’t think it’s fair for some random KIC member to ruin all the excitement for the season ahead, not a single teaser has been put out how could we leak everything like that. Whoever shared it originally broke their NDA.

It’s not a hoax, think about it for a second. If someone sent you the blueprints that shouldn’t have been released in the first place would you be sending it to everyone?

I’m not going to leave one of the most anticipated rides of all time. People have been wanting a giga coaster for year. The park has worked hard on this project and is spending millions on it. I’m fine sharing around public documents but what was posted on here was not supposed to be released yet. No one should have seen it and I intended on keeping it that way.

1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

Yeah because I’ve gotten a ton of positive attention from this. Is it that hard to believe that I actually care about people’s hard work and don’t want to leak the entirety of the project that was not supposed to be leaked? I thought the second I saw the layout I’d be filled with joy and happiness with knowing what’s coming to the park but instead I’m filled with anxiety. This whole summer we could all have looked forward to all the tiny clues and rumors and have fun debunking them but instead you guys want to know almost everything there is to know. I get it you are all curious but think about the park for once. If you were Don or Chad would you really want everything leaked like that by someone who Broke their NDA? Sorry for thinking about the park instead of myself. 

16 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Sorry for not wanting something leaked that shouldn’t have been leaked in the first place. Someone could easily lose their job over this once the park finds out who’s responsible. 

I'm just now going through this....how do you know that the person who leaked the "plans" signed a NDA? How do you know that they weren't supposed to be "leaked?"  Who is to say there will be any teasers? This is the entire point of a decoding thread....see any of the previous ones on here. Unless there was something that specifically showed that they were official...you can guarantee they were not.....for someone who has a lot of free time on their hands...its' quite easy for them to Photoshop and make things. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Codyfryguy said:

Which was also my concern as well... there is a big part of me hoping that this is the parks response to those who went to get the permits today and it isnt the true layout

I believe they had been seen before today, just not talked about on here yet. But the park does monitor this site, so its still possible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Banding Banshee said:

I have a feeling these blue prints are fake...  It's highly unlikely that right as soon as someone posts the blue prints someone immediately posts a map with terrain and the exact layout etc..  Seems like someone made and had that ready and was just waiting for the right moment to post it to start a lot of things

The plans match the Station Blueprints that came out today. IF they are fake, someone on the inside faked them. 

• Like 1

I'm not necessarily saying we need a record breaker, but we have been waiting years for our Giga and it seems as though we're going to receive the " weakest" giga of the bunch. I'm really hoping they prove me wrong and do something epic with this layout, I'm just not seeing it with this layout though. Looks like we're getting an upgraded Diamondback.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

And if that’s the case and we do get the “weakest” giga I find it embarrassing.

• Like 2

Well, time to keep speculating. Now we just wait for teasers and footings to see if they match the plans. It is VERY suspicious that they leaked legit RIGHT after someone posted the cities plans. I am excited to watch all of this unfold. 

• Like 6

I'm just now going through this....how do you know that the person who leaked the "plans" signed a NDA? How do you know that they weren't supposed to be "leaked?"  Who is to say there will be any teasers? This is the entire point of a decoding thread....see any of the previous ones on here. Unless there was something that specifically showed that they were official...you can guarantee they were not.....for someone who has a lot of free time on their hands...its' quite easy for them to Photoshop and make things. 

I was told by the original poster after the fact that they signed a NDA.

• Like 2

I'm not certain how easily accessible a map with this much detail is but i know a similar (slightly less detail, not up to date) map of the whole park exists within my work location at The Island, and based on how that one is/the fact that my department has one just laying around, i feel like maybe it's easier to get ones hands on such a map than we think. My best theory at this point is that some employee who happens to be proficient in autocad (or just really reaally good at using photoshop) got their hands on a copy of such a map and created this themselves. (and no, i will not be including pictures, as it isn't in a guest accessible area) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Creed Bratton said:

Where would someone get the blueprints for this? Firehawk is absence and the land is leveled which features terrain markings so whoever faked this is very very very talented at photoshop and would almost certainly not waste this time on here. Because of that I thought the person broke an NDA agreement (And I still strongly believe this)

• Like 1

All I’m saying is that I don’t think there’s any way this is weaker than Millennium Force, Steel Dragon, or Leviathon. This looks like a fun layout with what B&M seems to be up to with the Hershey hyper.

DB, ready for the hate

• Like 4

1 minute ago, thatguyfromohio said:

What if KI is just clearing land for monster trucks so they can have a show emoji23.png

Apparently most in this thread would rather have that than a Giga coaster we are getting. Probably.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

As much as I hate to say it, it would make sense if ours is not record-breaking. Cedar Fair is turning Carowinds into a resort destination (with the addition of the hotel) and in one of their recent conference calls (too lazy at the moment to track down the exact one) they stated their intention to continue to heavily promote Fury 325 and Steel Vengeance. Why would you, as a company, "steal the thunder" of the flagship ride of a park that Cedar Fair is trying to turn into a resort?

That being said, I am hoping we at least get a longer ride than Fury. That is not looking likely though if those blueprints are real.

I get that, but at the same time why would you invest around 30 million for it to just be a shadow of its relatives? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Could that long stretch coming back have a giant loop making this the first inverted Giga and a nod to SOB?

I’d be totally fine with that!

That’s literally my dream with this coaster! The first looping giga, the sob nod we all deserve but don’t know it yet 

• Like 5

With everything in mind, it just seems really weird for Cedar Fair to go from Millennium Force and Intimidator 305 to Leviathan and Fury 325 to essentially a scaled up version of Diamondback for 30 million dollars.

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic