Decoding 2020

fryoj

With everything in mind, it’s just seems really weird for Cedar Fair to go from Millennium Force and Intimidator 305 to Leviathan and Fury 325 to essentially a scaled up version of Diamondback for 30 million dollars.

Exactly that’s what I don’t understand. The point in a giga is to be bigger and better than the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Just now, Magenta Lizard said:

In a top-down view, how can you really tell?

Because the track would collide with its self.... when you go on a loop you aren’t going straight, you’re slightly shifting either left or right, since there’s straight sections it’s safe to say there’s no loops.

• Like 3

He won't tell us what's in the layout or show it to us. But he will still let you know if you are wrong. Awesome
You must have missed the fact that I posted the screenshot... which has since been taken down by the moderator

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, New Horizons said:

He won't tell us what's in the layout or show it to us. But he will still let you know if you are wrong. Awesome

Someone posted it and got deleted by mods. Get off that high horse now. 

3 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

In a top-down view, how can you really tell? (That there are no loops)

Loops in that view don't go in straight lines. There would be a zig zag. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

In a top-down view, how can you really tell? (That there are no loops)

Overhead, a loop would look like this (bottom) while a lack of loop would look like this (top)

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 9.39.07 PM.png

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

As much as I hate to say it, it would make sense if ours is not record-breaking. Cedar Fair is turning Carowinds into a resort destination (with the addition of the hotel) and in one of their recent conference calls (too lazy at the moment to track down the exact one) they stated their intention to continue to heavily promote Fury 325 and Steel Vengeance. Why would you, as a company, "steal the thunder" of the flagship ride of a park that Cedar Fair is trying to turn into a resort?

That being said, I am hoping we at least get a longer ride than Fury. That is not looking likely though if those blueprints are real.

I agree with this. I will reserve judgement for when we see an official announcement, but I somewhat doubt Cedar Fair would compete between different parks like that. I kinda wish they were owned by different entities so they'd compete more.

Then again, how many years of record-holding status do you really need a coaster to have? When is it time for it to relinquish the crown?

Also, why build another giga if you're not gonna up the record?

I eagerly await the stats from an announcement 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Imaniixo said:

With everything in mind, it just seems really weird for Cedar Fair to go from Millennium Force and Intimidator 305 to Leviathan and Fury 325 to essentially a scaled up version of Diamondback for 30 million dollars.

I keep seeing people say 30 million dollars...but how do you and others know that's what they're spending on this addition? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Reading, it is hard to keep up on a thread that is growing a page every 3-5 min. 

At one point you could start replying to a post and when you hit send, your post showed up two pages later. 

• Like 5

Just now, Creed Bratton said:

I keep seeing people say 30 million dollars...but how do you and others know that's what they're spending on this addition? 

We don’t. It’s an educated guess based upon the cost of the other two B&M gigas.

Leviathan was 28 million US dollars

Fury 325 was 30 million US dollars

One can only assume a new one would be a similar price.

• Like 2

Just now, Imaniixo said:

We don’t. It’s an educated guess based upon the cost of the other two B&M gigas.

They may save a little on shipping.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Imaniixo said:

But don't forget that giga has still not been confirmed. People have done the math, but these drawings have not been confirmed either

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

They may save a little on shipping.

Also by buying a Small instead of an XL :-X

2 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

But don't forget that giga has still not been confirmed. People have done the math, but these drawings have not been confirmed either

The ones that were submitted to the city and people have copies of are pretty confirmed. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

I never said a Giga was confirmed once, all I have said was that it would be odd for Cedar Fair to get another one that would be smaller (based upon that layout) and still very costly. Please reread my posts.

• Like 2

So again, lets go with what we know, and speculate on what they could add to make it record breaking/special.  What if it is a launched coaster (think lightning rod at dollywood, just steel) with possibly a record breaking speed, and maybe 5 inversions? "5 is alive"?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Imaniixo said:

I never said a Giga was confirmed once, all I have said was that it would be odd for Cedar Fair to get another one that would be smaller (based upon that layout) and still very costly. Please reread my posts.

Oh man, I'm sorry. I totally quoted the wrong post. Stuff is moving fast and I'm clicking all over the place. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna say it again, is it possible the leaked docs were just one of the ideas they had for Project X and is maybe not the final version? It seems odd, if it is a giga, that it would be so short. (It looks about the same length as Diamondback to me...could be wrong). It also seems strange that the original poster would leak them, delete them and then openly tell people they signed an NDA.

CoasterMeg being a skeptic

• Like 5

Just now, CoasterMegRN said:

I'm gonna say it again, is it possible the leaked docs were just one of the ideas they had for Project X and is maybe not the final version? It seems odd, if it is a giga, that it would be so short. (It looks about the same length as Diamondback to me...could be wrong). It also seems strange that the original poster would leak them, delete them and then openly tell people they signed an NDA.

CoasterMeg being a skeptic

Completely possible. I guess time will tell.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

If you look at the leaked map and the contour lines, there is a 40-50 foot drop in gradient from the station. That is assuming each line is a 10 foot interval.

I also count at least 12 elements in the small print written alongside the track.

The land that's cleared matches this.. and it's all flat currently. 

• Like 2

Just now, Phantom Theater said:

Oh man, I'm sorry. I totally quoted the wrong post. Stuff is moving fast and I'm clicking all over the place. 

You’re fine. My head hurts just trying to keep up with everything.

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic