Decoding 2020

fryoj

Were better versions of the Mason plans posted? I grabbed the initial ones but when I try to zoom in and read things, it's just a blur. 

If anyone else goes to the city to get plans, ask for them to be emailed. You get high res pdf's that way ;-)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Were better versions of the Mason plans posted? I grabbed the initial ones but when I try to zoom in and read things, it's just a blur. 

If anyone else goes to the city to get plans, ask for them to be emailed. You get high res pdf's that way ;-)

Yes there were. I think it was about three pages after the initial ones, maybe. It got lost in the shuffle with the troll posting the layout, but someone did post clearer shots after they were asked. They’re the ones I used to make my calcs. I will try to find them again and do direct links... not on this post tho because it will probably be buried by the time I find them smh

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I asked for that. They said they couldn’t.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

I asked for that. They said they couldn’t.

Hmm, I thought the pdf someone posted yesterday or early today about what info they have to provide for requests said you could. Maybe that was Warren county and not Mason. 

• Like 1

Just now, fryoj said:

Hmm, I thought the pdf someone posted yesterday or early today about what info they have to provide for requests said you could. Maybe that was Warren county and not Mason. 

Yeah I posted that and it said I could. I was surprised but I didn’t really want to complain... I just wanted the documents!

• Like 1

Just now, Bansheeback said:

Yeah I posted that and it said I could. I was surprised but I didn’t really want to complain... I just wanted the documents!

Oh, no doubt. You did the right thing. 

On the length of the coaster.... I used google earth and used their measurement tool to measure the ride path. The leak today was ~4600 ft. Diamondback was also ~4600 ft. 

A lot of odd choices here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Seeing it inside of that plot really makes it feel like it would be insanely short. Like the shortest giga ever built.

No idea what to think to be honest.

It was said like 40 pages ago that they would do clearing in stages. All I can think is this was an intentional leak and a distraction. We can expect to see footers in about 2 weeks and more clearing in about a month 

• Like 2

Just now, Bansheelover said:

To all those complaining it might be as big as you want please don’t ride it, so I don’t have to wait in a line. Thanks.  Thank you to whoever went and got the prints this is an exciting time!

I'm not complaining.

I'm  D E C O D I N G

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the footer data. The station footers are at 741 ft and the footers at the first drop are 750 ft. That means that the drop height will probably be shorter than the lift height. lol

• Like 2

Quick sketch of what said layout could realistically be 

If it is this short, it looks like they have the opportunity to at least make that turnaround into an absolutely sickening wave turn 

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 11.09.32 PM.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Back in my day, we enjoyed what the park gave us as they gave us it and speculated from there. I'm curious to see how the early emergence of public details on this one will affect future plans. It kinda feels like we're exploiting a special privilege here? Maybe that's just me?

Some of you are giving me some vibes that you'll actually boo aloud at the announcement if this isn't exactly what you want. Please don't.

"Decoding" threads are always my least favorite threads here. Always. I'm outie on this one. Later, taters.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

• malem locked this topic