Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 minutes ago, thoe124 said:

Quick sketch of what said layout could realistically be 

If it is this short, it looks like they have the opportunity to at least make that turnaround into an absolutely sickening wave turn 

Drop, 3 hills, helix, turn, brake run. The coaster community is going to roast them for this. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Back in my day, we enjoyed what the park gave us as they gave us it and speculated from there. I'm curious to see how the early emergence of public details on this one will affect future plans. It kinda feels like we're exploiting a special privilege here? Maybe that's just me?

Some of you are giving me some vibes that you'll actually boo aloud at the announcement if this isn't exactly what you want. Please don't.

"Decoding" threads are always my least favorite threads here. Always. I'm outie on this one. Later, taters.

I will be there on day 1 no matter what it is. 

EDIT: Also, the very nature of "decoding" means it will sound like people are complaining sometimes even when they aren't. There's a lot of "ifs" involved so people say things frequently like "That seems kinda xyz" which often sounds like it's complaining. It is not. It's trying to figure things out that aren't quite obvious yet.

If that's not your type of game that's totally cool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

That is, if it’s real.

I just see way to my signs pointing to the fact it’s real, I don’t think Don would have poured that much time into making these fake blueprints when there still aren’t any teasers up at the park. All these blueprints have done is make people disappointed which is the opposite of what they’d want. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bansheeback said:

That is, if it’s real.

The footers on the leaked plan match exactly with the City docs. The footers on the leaked plan also support 3 hills, helix, turn, brake run. If this is fake, whoever at KI had this drawn just to mess with this board is a god level troll. 

• Like 6

The footers on the leaked plan match exactly with the City docs. The footers on the leaked plan also support 3 hills, helix, turn, brake run. If this is fake, whoever at KI had this drawn just to mess with this board is a god level troll. 

I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Even if it is real, the layout doesn't paint the whole picture. I'm sure it'd look much better in a full mockup.

Edit: Also what's with the queue in that? No way they're going to make the queue that small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I remember seeing the plans for MT and I was disappointed. It was the first time I had seen plans like this. The ride turned out great. I think this is a similar situation based on the plans I have seen. A line does no justice to certain elements. Am i saying it will be the best giga? No. Do i know though? Not in the slightest.

It's easy to be underwhelmed by lines like this. I do believe this is the layout though based on seeing the decoding from MT, Banshee, and DB.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Back in my day, we enjoyed what the park gave us as they gave us it and speculated from there. I'm curious to see how the early emergence of public details on this one will affect future plans. It kinda feels like we're exploiting a special privilege here? Maybe that's just me?

Some of you are giving me some vibes that you'll actually boo aloud at the announcement if this isn't exactly what you want. Please don't.

"Decoding" threads are always my least favorite threads here. Always. I'm outie on this one. Later, taters.

I get your point, an improvement is an improvement so we should be happy. But if our giga that we’ve waited well over 10 years for doesn’t even rival the first giga built which was 20 years ago. and not to mention are in the same freaking state yeah and owned by the same company, yeah I’d say there is just cause to bit** and moan 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Looking at the footer data. The station footers are at 741 ft and the footers at the first drop are 750 ft. That means that the drop height will probably be shorter than the lift height. lol

It will be going into a valley though!

ki_drop_location2.png

• Like 3

From a business standpoint, it wouldn’t really make sense to make what many people are calling “a taller Diamondback.” Yes they could market it as a giga and go on about how y’all and fast it is, but the truth is, many GP and even enthusiasts would simply compare it to Diamondback and more likely than not complain that it is just a bigger version. Even Fury is compared to I232 and they’re completely different. It just doesn’t make sense to me why they would go for a similar ride experience with large, spread out hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I can only hope that maybe this ride will be a big leap for B&M into a much more intense style of layout. Their current hypers/gigas are known for big spread out hills and graceful curves with floater air, but this could very well be their first venture into a layout with more of an Intamin or RMC feel. We already got the first 2nd gen invert, why not get the first 2nd gen giga?

• Like 9

After careful thought... I think we are being trolled HARD by the park right now.

The blueprints I believe are legit. The map post I believe is a fake and a plant. Brilliant marketing campaign though as it will be all over the internet by this weekend creating buzz about KI. No such thing as bad press.

To many things don’t add up and certain people in this community have acted awfully suspicious today.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see additional clearing this weekend.

• Like 9

• malem locked this topic