Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

After careful thought... I think we are being trolled HARD by the park right now.

The blueprints I believe are legit. The map post I believe is a fake and a plant. Brilliant marketing campaign though as it will be all over the internet by this weekend creating buzz about KI. No such thing as bad press.

To many things don’t add up and certain people in this community have acted awfully suspicious today.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see additional clearing this weekend.

Could you imagine the buzz around this community if we get back to the park Friday and massive amounts of land not seen in the layout have been bulldozed. God, the energy in this thread would be unparalleled. 

• Like 6

I noticed that on Leviathan and Fury the lift support footers go from widest or furthest apart, to the backbone footer, but on this new coaster it goes from widest, then has two footers closer, then the backbone. Any idea why that would be? 

IMG_6325.PNG

IMG_6326.PNG

IMG_6327.PNG

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

After careful thought... I think we are being trolled HARD by the park right now.

The blueprints I believe are legit. The map post I believe is a fake and a plant. Brilliant marketing campaign though as it will be all over the internet by this weekend creating buzz about KI. No such thing as bad press.

To many things don’t add up and certain people in this community have acted awfully suspicious today.

I am putting absolutely zero stock into this idea because I kinda doubt that is the case.

But I am getting a chuckle out of thinking about how weird things will get around here if there does turn out to be more clearing at some point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I know I'm gonna be there Friday morning as soon as they open just for this reason 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

I am putting absolutely zero stock into this idea because I kinda doubt that is the case.

But I am getting a chuckle out of thinking about how weird things will get around here if there does turn out to be more clearing at some point.

It seems too elaborate to be something anyone the park would mess with. What's the point in trolling a few dozen enthusiasts? I suppose it's always possible that during the planning phase there are several different designs floated by the designer, and the customer chooses one. Maybe this is one of the rejects? Its truly grasping at straws though because it does fit perfectly in the presently cleared area.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

We will never trust another leak if they do more clearing. 

4 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I noticed that on Leviathan and Fury the lift support footers go from widest or furthest apart, to the backbone footer, but on this new coaster it goes from widest, then has two footers closer, then the backbone. Any idea why that would be? 

Not sure where you got those pics, but they don't look like the real world versions. Take a look at Google maps. Both coasters have a smaller set of supports between the tallest and backbone footer. They just put them in line with the widest instead of between them and hte backbone footer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

After watching this Leviathan pov, I would actually be happy if our giga is similar. Would I love it to be like Fury? Yes. Would I be happy with a Leviathan? Yes. This also looks like a fun ride at dusk/night. I always have a blast at dusk/night on Millennium Force so hopefully it's similar!

I used to watch Kevin's(Theme Park Maniacs) POV vids all the time. Sad that he is no longer with us. RIP Kevin.

This coaster does look pretty fun BTW.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Not sure where you got those pics, but they don't look like the real world versions. Take a look at Google maps. Both coasters have a smaller set of supports between the tallest and backbone footer. They just put them in line with the widest instead of between them and hte backbone footer.

It does look like the real world versions. The set of supports on the drops tilt backwards and are spread to the same width as the widest set. This new coaster has a second completely separate set of footers between the widest and backbone  on the drop 

IMG_6328.PNG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XBeastGirlX said:

It does look like the real world versions. The set of supports on the drops tilt backwards and are spread to the same width as the widest set. This new coaster has a second completely separate set of footers between the widest and backbone  on the drop 

They do not go as wide. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 12.12.03 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

why would B&M do the supports differently on this coaster than the other two gigsa they've done IF this is a gigs as well? The second set of supports on the drop just make it look like it wouldn't be as steep, which doesn't make sense to me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kissfan4 said:

So i have been digging through all posted pictures trying to find something that has not been noted yet, and here is what i found. Regarding the possibility of the scale being wrong, i say yes, because i found another discrepancy. Assuming the grey track that is sitting at CSF is for Kings Island i started looking at the numbered track pieces, and how they correlate to the confirmed foundation plans. track piece "ST3" is the curved piece transitioning from a lower track level, to a higher. Only problem is there is no "ST3" on the filed plans, so yes i would say there can be errors on these filed plans. Hopefully my explanation makes sense.

ST1 and ST2 should be the initial flat elevated brake run, seen on both Fury and Leviathan. ST3 curves down into a downward slope, as also seen. Now there are no footer labels for ST3 as there are no supports for ST3, likely unnecessary because it's a shorter track piece. ST2 has a set of supports and ST4 has 2 sets, so it'll be well supported. There's no error there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

why would B&M do the supports differently on this coaster than the other two gigsa they've done IF this is a gigs as well? The second set of supports on the drop just make it look like it wouldn't be as steep, which doesn't make sense to me 

B&M isn't doing anything different. The distance may be wider between them, but it's not different.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XBeastGirlX said:

And the footers that are the widest set have two footers and then the second smaller set. It's like there is an extra set

IMG_6327.PNG

Not sure whats up with the yellow dots, but they are wrong. The triangle footer and the one across from it are the ones for the top of the drop. The smaller two between them and the backbone footer are the smaller set to support the middle of the drop. Instead of leaning back and being in line with the wide footers they are more vertical. Fury has a building under its drop. Leviathan has a coaster. They probably required the footers be placed differently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

And the footers that are the widest set have two footers and then the second smaller set. It's like there is an extra set

Fixed it for ya. Red cross through the wrong ones, and the orange ones were missed. 

Giga Lift.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Not sure whats up with the yellow dots, but they are wrong. The triangle footer and the one across from it are the ones for the top of the drop. The smaller two between them and the backbone footer are the smaller set to support the middle of the drop. Instead of leaning back and being in line with the wide footers they are more vertical. Fury has a building under its drop. Leviathan has a coaster. They probably required the footers be placed differently. 

Thank you, that makes sense. The yellow dot picture was posted earlier and immediately noticed the footer placement on the drop was different in that the supports didn't lean back to the widest set and wondered why. Your explanation makes sense though 

• Like 2

i did some more rough measuring using the leaked layout images no longer found on here, and google maps. Using reference points seen on the images, i can estimate about a lift hill roughly 400+ feet long, providing at a minimum, 300' drop without utilizing the terrain to gain addition height. Sucks i can not use those leaked layouts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thoe124 said:

I can only hope that maybe this ride will be a big leap for B&M into a much more intense style of layout. Their current hypers/gigas are known for big spread out hills and graceful curves with floater air, but this could very well be their first venture into a layout with more of an Intamin or RMC feel. We already got the first 2nd gen invert, why not get the first 2nd gen giga?

That's what I'm gathering with this. It could be more intense and yet short - like Lightning Rod. I don't care quite as much if the ride is shorter than a typical Giga if it ends up being the most intense B&M to date (but maintaining their reliability - more important)... My only wish with our giga, is that we don't have a final brake run that is nearly 100ft in the air like Leviathan's. *cross fingers*

To everyone else.. I can't speak for certain.. but I think we need to bring ourselves to accept what this is. The footing layout is matching other B&M giga lifts (some minor alterations to go around buildings and coasters). The layout leak is incredibly detailed; would be a first-ever for someone to've faked something at this level. I'm calling it now. This is our giga. Finally. :)

Spoiler

(Predictions from the leak that shows bankings and support widths)

Drop down 300+ft. Swoop up and bank left for a slight turn as we head back down. Swoop back up and bank right to do a turn-around (similar to Carowind's Intimidator if it were tilted to have a more straight entry). Straight track for 1 or 2 air hills. Roughly a 540 degree clockwise, upward helix. Swoop down slightly, then upward as we turn to the left. Go down and have one final air hill, or have half a final air hill to hit the final brake run.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

That's what I'm gathering with this. It could be more intense and yet short - like Lightning Rod. I don't care quite as much if the ride is shorter than a typical Giga if it ends up being the most intense B&M to date (but maintaining their reliability - more important)... My only wish with our giga, is that we don't have a final brake run that is nearly 100ft in the air like Leviathan's. *cross fingers*

To everyone else.. I can't speak for certain.. but I think we need to bring ourselves to accept what this is. The footing layout is matching other B&M giga lifts (some minor alterations to go around buildings and coasters). The layout leak is incredibly detailed; would be a first-ever for someone to've faked something at this level. I'm calling it now. This is our giga. Finally. :)

Reveal hidden contents

If nothing else, it certainly appears all elements will be taken at high speed, even if the ride itself doesn't last too long.

• Like 3

Sorry, I’m just jumping in now.
Whoever has something to see I’d like to see what ya got.
TIA

If you want to see the pics you can find them on reddit at r/rollercoasters they were taken down on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

"You sure have a lot of questions for someone who seemingly has all the answers."
Not worth it to site this. Just know it came from a gold tag who is pretty high up on the food chain at KI. 

What’s the context to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• malem locked this topic