Decoding 2020

fryoj

Took a while but finally caught up.  Found the leaked map on twitter. Leads me to say this.  Not 100%sure it's legit. In all honesty,  someone could have probably knocked that ot in no time with photoshop.  If they managed to get a hold of a previous drawing.   The version I saw was pretty low res so can't say for sure it was fake or real. 

I really can't see why anyone would risk breaking a NDA without having sonething to gain from it. Huge risk with little reward just doesn't make sense to me at least. who knows. Guess time will tell.   Just that a lot about that leak doesn't add up (timing,  it's origin,  etc)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

"You sure have a lot of questions for someone who seemingly has all the answers."

Not worth it to site this. Just know it came from a gold tag who is pretty high up on the food chain at KI. 

Was this in response to questions about the blue prints? What is a "gold tag"?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I just am not trusting the leak currently. My thoughts may change in the next couple weeks though.

Too bad Terpy isn't here. 

@The Interpreter, where you at? "Everywhere"

It just doesn't make sense. The number of people who have a map like that has to be very small, and those people would be very high up within Cedar Fair or B&M. Unless it was a hack, but supposedly the person said they signed an NDA. But the timing of it coming out though...

• Like 4

I just take the aerial pictures of the park. And I feel if these are fake, the real info will come in the form of an announcement from the park, along with teasers beforehand. 

So are you willing to confirm or Denny if you have any other insider information/connection with the park aside from your independent aerial photography?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I could honestly see this being a red herring.  I mean if it is, it's doing its job...people are talking. Again, still not sure. Those type of maps could possibly be from the planning commission through a previous project and a little cut and paste...vola... lol. IDK though,  my brain hurts. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KI1976Fan said:

Has anyone noticed that it says "Partial" in the plan name. This could only be one section and if you use the scale ruler it would make sense because from station to farthest set of footers is about 120'.

Yes it’s partial. Which means the scale on the lift hill blueprint is correct and the first lift hill is only 200ish feet high.

However, the second mid-course lift hill (ala The Beast) will be 380 feet and that’s where the true yeeting begins on our 10,000 ft journey on our record breaking coaster.

I heard it from a higher up. Trust me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Jallie79 said:

I could honestly see this being a red herring.  I mean if it is, it's doing its job...people are talking. Again, still not sure. Those type of maps could possibly be from the planning commission through a previous project and a little cut and paste...vola... lol. IDK though,  my brain hurts. 

It could be a hack, but aside from that, I just don't see it. There are surely marketing folk who know of a roller coaster that is huge and in X-base. Accounting folk who know what money has been spent where. Who would have an exact diagram like that though? Why would they risk their career just to post that? 

• Like 2

Hopefully they do this right. If you're going to make this kind of an investment, might as well go all in. Nothing would surprise me at this point. Thank you to those who retrieved blueprints and to those who posted the leaks earlier. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

It could be a hack, but aside from that, I just don't see it. There are surely marketing folk who know of a roller coaster that is huge and in X-base. Accounting folk who know what money has been spent where. Who would have an exact diagram like that though? Why would they risk their career just to post that? 

People leak stuff all the time in a ton of different industries making lots of different products. I guess this is no different. We don't know how many people have plans like that, so maybe it's more than we think and the employee felt safe doing it? Who knows, maybe it's just a fake. If it's real though, the fact that someone leaked it out is like ..the least surprising part of this whole thing to me. Look at how much of a reaction they got!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

I don’t think it’s a conscious risk thing. I think it could be as simple as someone not realizing how serious it is until after they posted. A genuine mistake.

I just see no reason to believe it’s fake and hold out hope for something better y’know? Just gonna wait this one out, not get my hopes up, and go off what we know is legit and approved via the city.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic