Decoding 2020

fryoj

So about the theme... this will be Cedar Fairs first sci-fi kind of ride in a long time, right? If it is themed to space. The last thing I can recall them making space themed is Disaster Transport. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Diamondbackfanatic said:

I'd like to see those blueprints!!!  thanks

lol, might want to read the other 40 pages since then. 

or just go to r/rollercoasters on reddit for the cliff's notes and artwork. 

• Like 1

Just now, fryoj said:

Just now, fryoj said:

LOL, currently working my through. thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sorner said:

So about the theme... this will be Cedar Fairs first sci-fi kind of ride in a long time, right? If it is themed to space. The last thing I can recall them making space themed is Disaster Transport. 

You’re going to slap your head but... Flight of Fear :)

Not that it wasn’t a long time ago too but somewhat less of a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Magenta Lizard said:

You’re going to slap your head but... Flight of Fear :)

Well yeah, they have Flight of Fear, but they didn’t create or theme that. That was Paramount. 

• Like 2

I suppose if you want to get technical but I’m not so sure how many of the creatives working for Cedar Fair in 1990 (or Paramount parks in 1996 for that matter) are still a part of the company today to give much help. They have access to whatever archives and resources exist at both parks if they want them since Cedar Fair owns the former Paramount parks now.

In recent years they have outsourced theming anyway, such as Daniels Wood Land and Holovis for Mystic Timbers. So it may be a moot point regardless. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sikkinixx99 said:

CoasterMac305 did a great job on that video. I'm just not sold on that being it.

I mean DB is 5200 ft long

I just can't imagine building a giga that isnt longer than your Hyper???

Hoping for more clearing tomorrow 

For all of the people out there who are holding on to the fantasy that somehow these leaked blueprints aren't legit and we are all part of a huge cover up conspiracy that rivals the moon landing...  

57218860.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

So how do they market this thing? Tallest and fastest coaster at ki? I'm having doubts that it'll even be taller than MF based on the docs. Even if it is, you are still only adding "in Ohio" to the list. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fryoj said:

So how do they market this thing? Tallest and fastest coaster at ki? I'm having doubts that it'll even be taller than MF based on the docs. Even if it is, you are still only adding "in Ohio" to the list. 

It still wouldn't even be the tallest and fastest in Ohio because of TTD. I just don't think we have an accurate idea of height yet. I still think 340 is possible. (Maybe I am being nieve)

• Like 2

I’m going to chime in and say this. If this is the official layout why not show the WHOLE ride? I’ve seen the layout on Reddit and the “turnaround” is cropped off a little and the photo is blurry, why is that? The Banshee and Mystic Timbers blueprints were clear as day and showed the entire layout. That photo looks suspicious for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 minute ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I’m going to chime in and say this. If this is the official layout why not show the WHOLE ride? I’ve seen the layout on Reddit and the “turnaround” is cropped off a little and the photo is blurry, why is that? The Banshee and Mystic Timbers blueprints were clear as day and showed the entire layout. This photo looks suspicious for now.

The whole ride has been shown, it was just to big to fit into a single photo.

• Like 2

Diamondback is marketed as "the tallest and fastest coaster to ever strike Kings Island." Obviously the strike part has to do with the snake. Maybe they could market this as the "tallest and fastest coaster to ever take the KI skies." They should maybe do some amazing advertising with this. Anyone remember how Canada's Wonderland advertised Leviathan on the bill boards? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coaster Critics said:

It still wouldn't even be the tallest and fastest in Ohio because of TTD. I just don't think we have an accurate idea of height yet. I still think 340 is possible. (Maybe I am being nieve)

They'll call it a giga. Carowinds still calls Fury the tallest Giga coaster in the world. 

I've laid the plans over top Leviathan's lift and it's very similar on footer layout. If anything it's a shorter length. If it's going to be taller, they are going to have to increase the angle. Which, if they do that, they increase speed, which makes the short length even more puzzling. I get hope, but this isn't looking like a record breaker. 

5 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I’m going to chime in and say this. If this is the official layout why not show the WHOLE ride? I’ve seen the layout on Reddit and the “turnaround” is cropped off a little and the photo is blurry, why is that? The Banshee and Mystic Timbers blueprints were clear as day and showed the entire layout. That photo looks suspicious for now.

It's all out there. Keep reading the reddit thread, someone posted the rest of it. Just a bad crop. If it was a highly detailed fake, no one would ever just leave half a loop out there. 

• Like 2

The lift angle is 39°, assuming the CAD drawing showing the base of the backbone is accurate. 

Dropping that image into Solidworks and sketching directly over it gives me an angle right at 39.0°, a bit shy from 45°. 

The footer documents had coordinates on them, but I haven't seen clear enough images of all the numbers. If I had those, I could drop all the X/Y numbers onto a plane, which would give us all the footer locations in a single sketch, which could help confirm if the leaked image of the layout is true or not. The footer dimensions also showed the diameters of the poured footers and their depths, which could be used to estimate where the taller sections of track are located (taller it is, the bigger the footer). There's enough there in the footer images to get a good idea of how the track will be shaped--just need clear images of all the footer information. 

B866B63A-F13E-464E-B1F6-600AB1939277.jpeg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

The lift angle is 39°, assuming the CAD drawing showing the base of the backbone is accurate. 

Dropping that image into Solidworks and sketching directly over it gives me an angle right at 39.0°, a bit shy from 45°. 

The footer documents had coordinates on them, but I haven't seen clear enough images of all the numbers. If I had those, I could drop all the X/Y numbers onto a plane, which would give us all the footer locations in a single sketch, which could help confirm if the leaked image of the layout is true or not. The footer dimensions also showed the diameters of the poured footers and their depths, which could be used to estimate where the taller sections of track are located (taller it is, the bigger the footer). There's enough there in the footer images to get a good idea of how the track will be shaped--just need clear images of all the footer information. 

I was just about to do this.  

• Like 1

B866B63A-F13E-464E-B1F6-600AB1939277.thumb.jpeg.5b2c5a013780df180c40b5112c9b17b6.jpeg

Check your inbox
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

At 39 degrees I'm getting 285 ft at the triangle footer. Granted I'm measuring using google maps, so ymmv.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Back in my day, we enjoyed what the park gave us as they gave us it and speculated from there. I'm curious to see how the early emergence of public details on this one will affect future plans. It kinda feels like we're exploiting a special privilege here? Maybe that's just me?

Some of you are giving me some vibes that you'll actually boo aloud at the announcement if this isn't exactly what you want. Please don't.

"Decoding" threads are always my least favorite threads here. Always. I'm outie on this one. Later, taters.

So people aren't allowed to be disappointed? Cause as of now It seems like another Diamondback too me? I'm sure it will be great and all but what I've seen so far is just meh. We already have 2 great airtime coasters, why build a short Giga? It's just not making sense to me.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

If you look in the middle of your image you can see the angle of the connection plate is already labeled.  We just need a higher resolution copy of the image so we can actually read it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kenban said:

If you look in the middle of your image you can see the angle of the connection plate is already labeled.  We just need a higher resolution copy of the image so we can actually read it.

Dang, just left my house for work, totally could have provided a better photo. When I get home for the day I’ll try to provide good photos of all the pages or scan them into a PDF document if I can

• Like 4

TBH I've been re-watching the Leviathan POVs (Animated and Real)....and after riding it several times in 2014, I'd be completely fine with the same or around the same height and a similar layout. 

It was a fun coaster to ride. Either way, we're getting another coaster, I'm grateful.

For anyone wanting to see the Leviathan videos....here they are: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic