Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, BSBMX said:

Right, there's a lot of juicy info in this single pic, but a toaster or something was used to get the image, so it's hard to read.

What confirmation is there that Fury is 45deg? 

Only one person was able to get a screenshot of the photo before they got taken down. The originally uploaded PDF’S featured a tad bit more of detail.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kenban said:

If you look in the middle of your image you can see the angle of the connection plate is already labeled.  We just need a higher resolution copy of the image so we can actually read it.

@Bansheeback can you see that angle on your copy or get a clearer pic? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fryoj said:

At 39 degrees I'm getting 285 ft at the triangle footer. Granted I'm measuring using google maps, so ymmv.

That's starting at zero height though, correct? Fury's station (and beginning of lift) is ~15-20ft. off the ground. Do you tack your 285ft onto ~20ft off the ground to get just barely 300ft+?

• Like 1

Sure is. And the face that the backbone mounts to is 50deg, so the backbone portion is held at 40deg. I stand corrected. Good pic. Now, just need pics of the same quality of all the footer coordinates, and we can have ourselves a confirmed, clear image of the ride's layout.

• Like 2

Sure is. And the face that the backbone mounts to is 50deg, so the backbone portion is held at 40deg. I stand corrected. Good pic. Now, just need pics of the same quality of all the footer coordinates, and we can have ourselves a confirmed, clear image of the ride's layout.

Look earlier in the thread, clear photos of each coordinate are listed. If you need them reposted I can get them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BSBMX said:

That's starting at zero height though, correct? Fury's station (and beginning of lift) is ~15-20ft. off the ground. Do you tack your 285ft onto ~20ft off the ground to get just barely 300ft+?

The problem is, that backbone footer that we are measuring off of is on the ground. I went back and used the coords in the plans and it is 357 ft from the backbone footer to the Triangle footer.

Just now, Bansheeback said:

6401cd54093586fa3126ea5b54f436b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still hard to read, but looks like a 40 degree(with 50 on the opposite angle)to me. In that case it's 299.55 for a height at the triangle footer. 

The other issue is the Backbone footer is at 740 ft. The Triangle footer is at 750 ft. That means relative to the ground, the lift will be ~290 ft at the triangle footer. The question is, where does that footer's supports attach to the track. Is it like Fury and attach at the peak, or like Leviathan and attach off peak. I think this thing will be called a giga, but its going to be with funny math or just barely. 

• Like 3

All I remember seeing were several images, but only two of the images had legit X/Y coordinates on them, but the header was missing so I'd be guessing which is which.

If you could resubmit them, or PM them to me, I'd appreciate it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

• Like 2

I don't see why simple=underwhelming. As mentioned, TTD would look pretty boring schematically. My dream concept is a twin destination launch coaster that shoots you to the other side of the park with a massive dosage of acceleration and air time. It would look like 2 stations and 2 straight lines on a blueprint.  The simpler the layout, the more opportunity for orbital airtime which is fine by me. 

• Like 2

All I remember seeing were several images, but only two of the images had legit X/Y coordinates on them, but the header was missing so I'd be guessing which is which.

If you could resubmit them, or PM them to me, I'd appreciate it.

This is the relevant image. The 4 digit numbers in the 3rd and 4th column are the coord. 5th is elevation. 

https://KICentral.com/thumbor/1RnNgkvNIxyBYA4sAfi9rCw2_Is=/fit-in/1280x768/https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20190508%2F17a90c6d19179624a53283b9b774073c.jpg

• Like 1

So I was examining the original leaked layout and noticed that it marks the tallest point on the ride. I then decided to overlay the layout on google earth and measure it out. It is also apparent on this document that the transfer track is behind the station not before the drop like fury. The measurement I got from google earth was 435 ft long. Then using the 40-degree number we just confirmed we get a lift of about ~355ft. Feel free to try and replicate my results for accuracy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

This is the relevant image. The 4 digit numbers in the 3rd and 4th column are the coord. 5th is elevation. 

https://KICentral.com/thumbor/1RnNgkvNIxyBYA4sAfi9rCw2_Is=/fit-in/1280x768/https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20190508%2F17a90c6d19179624a53283b9b774073c.jpg

Yep, that's the one I am talking about. Lots of the picture is missing if that's all we have.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Wasn't there a teaser or poster during Winterfest that had something with 355 in it?  

Yes but that image wasn’t created by the park. Appears to sadly have just been a coincidence.

• Like 2

ki2.bmp

7 minutes ago, Coaster Critics said:

So I was examining the original leaked layout and noticed that it marks the tallest point on the ride. I then decided to overlay the layout on google earth and measure it out. It is also apparent on this document that the transfer track is behind the station not before the drop like fury. The measurement I got from google earth was 435 ft long. Then using the 40-degree number we just confirmed we get a lift of about ~355ft. Feel free to try and replicate my results for accuracy.

If I draw a 40deg lift, and an 81deg drop (same as Fury), at a 435' distance between main footers, and a *reasonable* tangent curve at top, this is what i get right at 300' feet tall. At 310', the curve at top is quite a bit tighter, and at 320', the curve is almost non-existent. Hopefully, the 435' number is smaller than what it really is, which would give us a taller lift.ki2.bmp

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coaster Critics said:

Not sure where you are measuring from or to, but that 435 is off. 

Yep, that's the one I am talking about. Lots of the picture is missing if that's all we have.

It gives the coords for all of the footers relevant to the lift. The overall footer diagram gives the names for each footer. The base of the lift is LS3. The triangle and matching footer for the top are the L13's. Using the coords from those, you can calculate their distance apart which is right around 357 ft. 

• Like 1

Just now, fryoj said:

Not sure where you are measuring from or to, but that 435 is off. 

It gives the coords for all of the footers relevant to the lift. The overall footer diagram gives the names for each footer. The base of the lift is LS3. The triangle and matching footer for the top are the L13's. Using the coords from those, you can calculate their distance apart which is right around 357 ft. 

Okay my bad, I thought we had info on all footers, not just the lift.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAHill said:

The drop alone on a giga coaster makes the ride worth having in your park. There are way too many entitled people in the coaster community anymore.

I will preface what I am about to say by acknowledging that we haven’t seen an announcement yet, so the final verdict is still out on this thing. Best we can do right now is talk about how good or bad we think this thing will be.

That said, to paraphrase what someone said on Reddit, it is not like King’s Island is giving us a birthday present.

It is a product that they are trying to sell to consumers. We are allowed to criticize it if we feel they are missing the mark. Similar to how people break down every new iPhone release.

You do a bad job, and you get criticism. It’s as simple as that.

• Like 14

Just now, BSBMX said:

Okay my bad, I thought we had info on all footers, not just the lift.

All that is in the doc are the footers marked on the plan. The L's are the lift. ST's are the Station. T's are transfer. M's are the shed, so probably called maintenance internally. The C's look to be the turn around or Curve at the station. Thats all thats in the doc unless theres a lot more data not posted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sikkinixx99 said:

Credit to CoasterMac305

Thank you! This is basically what I was predicting.

We have never seen leaks that met this level of detail, and had it not come to fruition. IIRC. 

If you count the number of elements Leviathan has, it's pretty similar to the number for this concept. It wouldn't be unheard of having a giga this short. We might have an 80ft tall brake run though haha. Dang!
I really feel like a lot of people on this thread are just in denial. This is not a quick photoshop job. This image is the result of lots of survey work for rides and topography (which simply isn't available on google), then you can finally draw in the other lines that represent a future coaster. That park hasn't ever put a red herring of plans like this yet; they're too busy actually getting the real thing on the ground. It's possible, but it's unlikely that it's fake.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

I will preface what I am about to say by acknowledging that we haven’t seen an announcement yet, so the final verdict is still out on this thing. Best we can do right now is talk about how good or bad we think this thing will be.

That said, to paraphrase what someone said on Reddit, it is not like King’s Island is giving us a birthday present.

It is a product that they are trying to sell to consumers. We are allowed to criticize it if we feel they are missing the mark. Similar to how people break down every new iPhone release.

You do a bad job, and you get criticism. It’s as simple as that.

Sure, but this is also coming from the perspective of a park and coaster enthusiast.

You're right on the mark by saying that it's a product to be consumed -- and most consumers to the park are general public folks just looking to have some fun during their trip. It's the same reason so many dive coasters have been built recently. They may not be the best rides ever, but I can't even begin to count how many Facebook posts I've seen by individuals and news outlets who talk about how insane they look. They are visually impressive, which is really all the rides need to be anymore.

This might miss the mark for you, and you're absolutely entitled to your own opinion about the ride itself, but to me it will always read as a "they need to do it this way because that's what I want" sort of deal. The park knows exactly what they're doing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coaster Critics said:

Could you tell me how you got your measurement so I can see where I may have gone wrong?

I used the coords from the document thats been posted to calculate the distance between the bottom of the lift and the tallest support footer. I backed it up by laying the leaked plan over a google map then used the google map measure feature to measure from the base of the lift to the high point. In both cases I'm getting around 350. With the coords I got 357. The measure feature was obviously a lot more inconsistent, but close. 

This is ballpark where it should be. I'd have to post docs that the mods don't want posted to show my work.

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 10.25.15 AM.png

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic