Decoding 2020

fryoj

19 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Delete

Do you all think there is a chance that Cedar Fair will do the same thing with our coaster and fury 325 as they did with Valravn and Yukon Striker where they are the same height, so they can both technically share records.

• Like 3

I have realized a mistake in my measurement. I was measuring from the front of the station to the top of the lift because I knew the transfer track was not before the lift like fury based on the info we have. What I did not realize is that despite this fact there is still a straight section before Ls1 and Ls2. I apologize for throwing these numbers out there and giving people false hope.

• Like 3

Been reading all this decoding stuff. A few things have me question some things. Based on construction time of Fury......blueprints got leaked in July 2014 and was officially announced the next month. Construction started in September and was completed for opening in 2015 Season. Based on how parks usually build rides in the offseason. Why is Kings Island starting this project so early?, giving them a full year to build, with all the talk of this being a "small" giga?

• Like 4

Been reading all this decoding stuff. A few things have me question some things. Based on construction time of Fury......blueprints got leaked in July 2014 and was officially announced the next month. Construction started in September and was completed for opening in 2015 Season. Based on how parks usually build rides in the offseason. Why is Kings Island starting this project so early?, giving them a full year to build, with all the talk of this being a "small" giga?

Different weather in the winter? Guessing it is much more productive in Jan/Feb that far South than in Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Different weather in the winter? Guessing it is much more productive in Jan/Feb that far South than in Ohio.

Also to add, coaster tracking shouldn’t take as long to get to them too, considering it’s made 30 minutes away, weather is their only real fear. Never know what it’ll be in Ohio.

• Like 3

Cedar Point started clearing the site for Millennium Force in August of '99. Includes 226 footers and lift hill was topped off in January. And Cedar Point has some of the worst winters of any park...I'm still curious as to why its being started so early with this supposedly being "small". Makes me think somethings missing from these blueprints or we just don't know enough.

• Like 6

Cedar Point started clearing the site for Millennium Force in August of '99. Includes 226 footers and lift hill was topped off in January. And Cedar Point has some of the worst winters of any park...I'm still curious as to why its being started so early with this supposedly being "small". Makes me think somethings missing from these blueprints or we just don't know enough.

The blueprints are just part one, part 2 is the exact same ride. But they are racing. Tribute to The Racers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Nerd #1 "I have done all of my calculations  on all of my super computers and have come up with a drop of around 355ft" ... other nerds nod in agreement 

Nerd#2 "I have done all of my calculations with all of of my technology and I come up with a drop a little over 300ft" ....  other nerds nod in agreement 

Some of you nerds are wrong and it is torture for the rest of us.  Someone please figure out witch nerd group is right so we can either buy our giga shirts, hats and glasses, or go straight to the hardware store to the pitchfork section!

• Like 6
  • Haha 16

16 minutes ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

I think everyone is digging too deep and overthinking things.  Its likely a combination of a lot of things that dictate it's construction calendar.  Probably has more to do with the scheduling of the contractors KI has chosen to prep the grounds, pour concrete, assemble the ride etc. 

When Lightning Run was built at KK, they had to wait to begin assembly because the same company was contracted to build Banshee at KI.  They literally started assembling LR within a day or two following Banshee's assembly being finished.  Proof here:  (skip to 31:24) 

Construction at KI is just as, if not moreso, complicated as anywhere else.  It involves a lot of "choreography" by those overseeing the project to coordinate suppliers, builders etc etc etc.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

The blueprints are just part one, part 2 is the exact same ride. But they are racing. Tribute to The Racers.

Project X is Polaris

Project Y is Orion

:P:lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shaggy said:

I think everyone is digging too deep... its likely a combination of things that dictate it's construction calendar.  Probably has more to do with the scheduling of the contractors KI has chosen to assemble the ride than anything.  When Lightning Run was built at KK, they had to wait to begin assembly because the same company was contracted to build Banshee it and couldn't begin work in Louisville until they were done at KI.

I guess that makes sense...gives them this season to tease....and announce in August?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KI_FAN_4_LIFE said:

Nerd #1 "I have done all of my calculations  on all of my super computers and have come up with a drop of around 355ft" ... other nerds nod in agreement 

Nerd#2 "I have done all of my calculations with all of of my technology and I come up with a drop a little over 300ft" ....  other nerds nod in agreement 

Some of you nerds are wrong and it is torture for the rest of us.  Someone please figure out witch nerd group is right so we can either buy our giga shirts, hats and glasses, or go straight to the hardware store to the pitchfork section!

If the footing/footer coordinates are correct, and I suspect they are, that puts us at a lift height of around 300'. Pretty positive about the lift being at 40°. Assuming at this point the drop is at 81°, similar to Fury. I'll play with the numbers later on to see what a 85° drop would do to the height.

Nothing is guaranteed about the drop height though. They could pull a tunnel on us and get some extra depth in there. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sorner said:

What do you guys mean early?? Banshee and Diamondback both had clearing and footings poured before opening day in 2013 and 2008. To me, this has a late start. 

There were Diamondback footings in along the midway Rivertown (near the antique photo store) that were poured prior to opening day 2008.  So, I agree this is a slightly later start than the park's existing B&M coasters.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Turtlepower said:

Unfortunately, I think you're looking at the wrong angle. Imagine the 40 degree line extending straight out, alongside the lift hill. 

The 40 degree angle is not what the support bolts to, the 40 degrees allow more "mass" on the slope of concrete. The column bolts to the 50 degree side, and will come off of that perpendicular. Assuming the column/support is parallel to the track itself, which in the pictures of other coasters it is, that would put the track at a 50 degree incline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Unfortunately, I think you're looking at the wrong angle. Imagine the 40 degree line extending straight out, alongside the lift hill. 

That is correct. 40° is the lift angle, 50° is just the face that the backbone is perpendicular to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I’m so confused... wouldn’t the lift hill be going like this?0ccd8b36e1854bf3272f561d035fefc4.jpg

No, other direction. What you see attached to the footer/footing is the beginning of the backbone (note the "(PER RIDE MFR)" notes near it).

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Any guesses why the leaked images have it labeled as Project-X-C-O? The blueprints list it just as project X

It was an export to PDF out of AutoCAD from the Civil site plan. The full filename was "Project X-C-0 Site.pdf" Project X is (obviously) the name of the project, the C denotes that the drawing is from the Civil set of drawings, and the 0 indicates it's sheet 0, the first drawing in the set.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic