Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 minutes ago, theNickC said:

It was an export to PDF out of AutoCAD from the Civil site plan. The full filename was "Project X-C-0 Site.pdf" Project X is (obviously) the name of the project, the C denotes that the drawing is from the Civil set of drawings, and the 0 indicates it's sheet 0, the first drawing in the set.

Every image I've found isn't clear enough to read any text on the leaked document.  Besides they are all zoomed into a specific area over the project site and not the whole document.  Is there more that those have seen?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Every image I've found isn't clear enough to read any text on the leaked document.  Besides they are all zoomed into a specific area over the project site and not the whole document.  Is there more that those have seen?

The file name comes from the initial post @Anonpirate made on these boards. The file was added as an attachment and that was the file's full name. Unfortunately I was too late to the party to be able to download it. 

• Like 1

I get frustration and what not about the layout being "underwhelming," or whatever...but I don't think it's fair to judge a ride that 1) has not been built yet, 2) no one has ridden yet, 3) that there is no tangible evidence of what the coaster actually will look like outside of paper. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I think it is way too early to say whether it is or is not a good layout.  There could be elements (tunnels, etc.) that we don't know about yet and both of the B&M gigas so far have been great coasters and I would expect this to be as well.

I don’t think any tunnels will be built, we probably would have seen that in the blueprints (Assuming the blueprint is legit)

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, KI_FAN_4_LIFE said:

Nerd #1 "I have done all of my calculations  on all of my super computers and have come up with a drop of around 355ft" ... other nerds nod in agreement 

Nerd#2 "I have done all of my calculations with all of of my technology and I come up with a drop a little over 300ft" ....  other nerds nod in agreement 

Some of you nerds are wrong and it is torture for the rest of us.  Someone please figure out witch nerd group is right so we can either buy our giga shirts, hats and glasses, or go straight to the hardware store to the pitchfork section!

I explained this when people were complaining about it earlier, that my calcs came up with a different value from someone else’s. We are working from blueprints for the concrete footings that support the coaster. We don’t have blueprints for anything that goes above them (other than attachment brackets).

Us nerds, as you put it, understand the ambiguities that exist when all we know for sure is the footing locations. We have no idea, for example, how tall the coaster will be off the ground before it begins the lift (think of the different heights between Banshee, Diamondback, and Racer at the base of the lift, for examples). We understand we can make certain calculations making certain assumptions, but it is pretty much impossible to say absolutely for sure from the data we have exactly how tall it will be.

Each nerd says what assumptions and data they personally used and we are willing to accept the equally reasonable results even if it doesn’t match perfectly with the results we got with our own different assumptions. Because there are things we just don’t and can’t yet know. Educated guesses are the best we can offer.

Things are pointing to a giga from nearly everyone’s calculations and estimates, though. Just be satisfied with that if you don’t understand all the other details :)

• Like 5

Depends on the type of tunnel I would think and when they'd be added. If it's an in-ground tunnel...sure....but if it's a corrugated metal tunnel like on Leviathan maybe not? If they are added later, they likely wouldn't need to be on the plans right now.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, theNickC said:

It was an export to PDF out of AutoCAD from the Civil site plan. The full filename was "Project X-C-0 Site.pdf" Project X is (obviously) the name of the project, the C denotes that the drawing is from the Civil set of drawings, and the 0 indicates it's sheet 0, the first drawing in the set.

Ok, I think this is possibly the correct answer, assuming the troll layout is even legit. But how about a more interesting wrong answer?

Project X-base Coaster Orion

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

After careful inspection and measuring the footer locations, namely the main spine footing locations for the lift spine, along with an understanding of B&M’s drop shape, I have some semi-bad news. The Coaster looks to be (only) about 285 ft. I am assuming based on placement of the drop into a “valley” that the drop will exceed 300 ft. This will be a Giga in the same way Apollo’s Chariot is a Hyper. Take it or leave it. 3E62165D-83F5-4CEE-80E0-C23D18690658.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

After careful inspection and measuring the footer locations, namely the main spine footing locations for the lift spine, along with an understanding of B&M’s drop shape, I have some semi-bad news. The Coaster looks to be (only) about 285 ft. I am assuming based on placement of the drop into a “valley” that the drop will exceed 300 ft. This will be a Giga in the same way Apollo’s Chariot is a Hyper. Take it or leave it. 3E62165D-83F5-4CEE-80E0-C23D18690658.jpeg

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if this was the case lmao 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Remember, as Shaggy has mentioned, we currently do not know how high the station initially will be. 

• Like 2

Just now, RollerColt said:

Remember, as Shaggy has mentioned, we currently do not know how high the station initially will be. 

You are right, we don’t. I used the height for general fury’s station which places the base of the track at about 15ft.

• Like 2

Ok guys, I'm going to vent a little because I love KI  and care enough to take time to read and write some of these posts like the rest of you, so......

If all of this evidence is true, it confirms what I have been saying all along:

Cedar Fair DOES NOT want Kings Island to have "wow-worthy" record breaking attractions!  This would diminish what CF has been doing with big brothers up north AND down South.  Case in CPoint-They had a chance to break all of the records with Banshee, which was the first inverted coaster installed in the US in almost 10 years, but still chose not to. They could've easily spent a little extra money to pull out all of the stops and build something they could really market as a world record breaker in ALL categories. Yes, I know it is "the longest" invert, but nobody really cares about that, especially when the only reason it's probably "the longest" is because of it's super long break run! Also, notice how they made sure it was still 3 feet less in height than GateKeeper, which is a similar ride ( same restraints, feet dangle, etc)  that opened the season before Banshee at CP. They didn't want to steal any of GateKeeper's thunder so to speak. Notice how Mystic Timbers was underwhelming compared to Steel Vengeance opening a year after at Cedar Point. Diamondback is a great ride, but Cedar Fair still made sure that Intimidator at Carowinds was 2 feet taller when it opened a year after DB. They had a chance to break Fury's record and yet what does it look like they've done.....build a coaster that may not even be as good as Leviathan. Don't get me wrong, I like Leviathan, but I just thought there was so much more potential here to improve on it and Fury as well for that matter, especially with all of the land KI has at it's disposal.  I know this doesn't sound like much, but it does add up to one conclusion- Cedar Fair has a game-plan, and that game-plan is to build the higher, faster coasters at CP and Carowinds because that's where they think it will get the most return on their investment. I do think CF is missing out on an opportunity here, though. KI has a similar potential as Carowinds IMO. They just need something they can market to get people here from afar, similar to what Vortex did when opening as the world's highest coaster with the most inversions in the world. It helped KI reach 3 million plus visitors for the first time ever with those lofty records!  Although i'm sure they will still try to use their marketing magic with this new seemingly lacking "discount giga" by somehow using another Jedi marketing mind trick like they did with The Shed trying to get people to the park. I'm sure it will work to an extent with the non-coaster nerds (unlike us),  but word of mouth is still the most powerful form of marketing, and i'm sure when most of the people are underwhelmed by riding this, the word will spread that KI built yet another good, but not great attraction, compared to CP and Carowinds. With all of this being said, I.hope.I'm.wrong!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I have a question: Why is everything on the leaked layout really detailed, except for the coaster itself? Could the document that was leaked be the plans actually be for the station, which I'm assuming would have different contractors than the actual coaster construction? I'm not saying that that means the plans aren't accurate, but I just thought it was odd that the layout was so faint compared to everything else when it seems like it should be the most conspicuous. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

I have a question: Why is everything on the leaked layout really detailed, except for the coaster itself? Could the document that was leaked be the plans for the actually be for the station, which I'm assuming would have different contractors than the actual coaster construction? I'm not saying that that means the plans aren't accurate, but I just thought it was odd that the layout was so faint compared to everything else when it seems like it should be the most conspicuous. 

Maybe the people that need to lay the footers aren't allowed to know the coaster layout exactly. (edit - just guessing)

• Like 1

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t carowinds gotten the two most expensive coasters CedarFair has ever built? Knowing they spent 30+ million on copperhead strike really makes me question why they’d not spend an equal amount on this giga coaster. If you ask me giga coasters deliver a higher ROI then a multilaunch looper. Guess we’ll find out at the end of the season how much it helps out Carowinds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

The problem is we do not need to know.  No matter how high up the spine the track is located before it reaches the spine at that point it will follow that 40 degree angle.  The big unknowns are on the drop angle and the location of the peak.  We have no way to know those right now but we can get close to the height.  I am confident its higher then 285, my math says 295 right now, but I likely estimated something a little too conservative which will push it to 305 or 310.  There will be a matching footing on the drop that I have not seen the angle for yet which will help with the math and should get us a little closer to the height.  A really steep drop might get us to 325 to match Fury even.  I figured that angle would have been on the documents which were submitted to the city but it likely looks very similar to what was already posted so its possible no one realized it was important, or it was not included I am not certain right now.

Also we are using the location of the spine, I am not actually sure where the measurement is done from.  The track, train, top of the guardrail?

• Like 3

I can't wrap my head around This coaster being under 300'. I see zero reason for KI/CF to do it. Sure, any new coaster will bring some people. Not making it a Giga, or barely making it a Giga makes no sense. Of course, I haven't really tried to do the calculations from the prints.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t carowinds gotten the two most expensive coasters CedarFair has ever built? Knowing they spent 30+ million on copperhead strike really makes me question why they’d not spend an equal amount on this giga coaster. If you ask me giga coasters deliver a higher ROI then a multilaunch looper. Guess we’ll find out at the end of the season how much it helps out Carowinds.

This may clear things up a bit...

Vitality of market, and viable marketability of product has EVERYTHING to do with decisions on capitol expenditures.

Pops.jpg

• Like 5

So we are potentially talking about a Giga coaster that breaks MULTIPLE records. Shortest drop and shortest length (for a Giga)

Haha j/k. Sorta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Shaggy said:

This may clear things up a bit...

Vitality of market, and viable marketability of product has EVERYTHING to do with decisions on capitol expenditures.

Pops.jpg

I'm going to argue a bit with these numbers.  The greater Cincinnati area, including Dayton, NKY, etc is far larger than 301k.

• Like 10

• malem locked this topic