Decoding 2020

fryoj

I’m not so much concerned with the height as I am the length. I feel they could have pushed this back further in the woods for a great night ride. It’s literally a drop, hill, and turn around and back.

I was also hoping for a new midway and bathrooms. This will close off this entire side of the park again for the next 20 plus years. Any expansion is going to be done by removal of existing rides from here on out.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Imaniixo said:

To be honest, I’m just happy to see Cedar Fair invest in the park. I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t wait for announcement day.

I'll repeat what I have said in many different formats, and I truly mean it...

I've been a fan/attendee of KI for a long long time... well over 35 years... and I sampled the park under every form of ownership in those years.  I can say, for certain, Cedar Fair is doing a tremendous job with the park.  They have restored a flair/vibe to the park that was all but obscured for years.  (That includes all facets of the customer facing side of the business.) Those making the obviously informed decisions are to be commended. 

• Like 18

In terms of timing i’m a little surprised they’re doing something this big in 2020. 

DB was a huge investment in ‘09, Banshee was even more expensive ($24M if I remember?) in ‘14. So I thought “big steel coaster every 5 years.” Then we got a bit surprised by MT, which was only $8M in ‘17 but still a big investment. 

So now CF is building something huge, maybe a B&M giga, only 3 years after MT? If this thing is what we think it is (something close to Leviathan), even if it’s not a record breaker, I’ll be beyond ecstatic.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, AdventureExpress35 said:

In terms of timing i’m a little surprised they’re doing something this big in 2020. 

DB was a huge investment in ‘09, Banshee was even more expensive ($24M if I remember?) in ‘14. So I thought “big steel coaster every 5 years.” Then we got a bit surprised by MT, which was only $8M in ‘17 but still a big investment. 

So now CF is building something huge, maybe a B&M giga, only 3 years after MT? If this thing is what we think it is (something close to Leviathan), even if it’s not a record breaker, I’ll be beyond ecstatic.

But with this attitude how will we ever get out of the shadows of Cedar Point!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I personally don’t care about records. A giga is a giga. I was only concerned about the length, but that mock up using the leaked layout looked awesome. I am very excited for this coaster!! 

• Like 3

Shadow of Cedar Point!?  KI and Cedar Point are different type of parks, serving different types of markets, with a lot of overlap between the 2.  Each has their advantages and disadvantages, neither overshadows the other; they compliment each other very well.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I’m not so much concerned with the height as I am the length. I feel they could have pushed this back further in the woods for a great night ride. It’s literally a drop, hill, and turn around and back.

I was also hoping for a new midway and bathrooms. This will close off this entire side of the park again for the next 20 plus years. Any expansion is going to be done by removal of existing rides from here on out.

They could send a pathway under the new coaster. This doesnt block anything.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Does anyone have S.2 detail drawing like this? It will show the details of the lift spine as it enters the ground from the pullout. 

289EA55C-BCCA-48ED-A846-54FB8F6332D2.jpeg

Agree--any other clear images like this will further help us figure this out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kissfan4 said:

They could send a pathway under the new coaster. This doesnt block anything.

This is what I’m thinking. Other scenarios involve entering via the old SOB area or maybe removing Action Theatre. I’ve always felt Action Theatre is a prime spot of land for something to be placed there in the future.

• Like 2

The sense of entitlement I am reading in this thread has driven me to post.

We are incredibly lucky to be possibly getting such a great addition to the park. And those who seem bothered over what may or may not be true (those footings prints look pretty real but I have my questions about the full ride layout) just dont seem to be seeing the bigger picture.

Kings Island has the perfect market to draw from. A loyal base of guests and passholders any other park in north america would dream of. Since 2007 we have consistently gotten major investment. Yes Cedar Point and carowinds may have gotten larger investments. But I don't think since before the days of paramount our park atmosphere has ever felt so complete and inviting. This year the small things... racer going trimless... the glockenspiel... the soon to be completed fountains. It all looks amazing.

City population doesnt matter. Cincinnati is within a days drive to half the country's population. Why else did Amazon choose cvg as their cargo hub for prime air?
I could agree with the outdoing cp sentiments if this was dick kinzel era Cedar Fair. Absolutely disagree at the moment. Mystic Timbers was a perfect addition. Banshee as well. Diamondback was amazing. All of these were perfect for our park already full of amazing rollercoasters.

The terrain this coaster may take advantage of will allow for many great things in my opinion.

I think we need to wait and see. It's only may. Many rides on paper dont look exciting but turn out to be blockbusters (maverick)

In comparison to other former paramount parks, other than carowinds I must say we have been sweetened with major investment. When did kings dominion last get a new coaster from the ground up? 2010. Michigan's adventure? 2004(??)

Believe me. We are not getting the short hand of the stick. 3 new coasters in a decade.

Put things in perspective. Enjoy this season. The new changes. The little ones. Finding out what's coming.

Wait and see.....

And be grateful despite it possibly not being what was expected that we are getting an amazing addition.

*leaves soapbox*

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Can't judge a coaster until we actually ride it for ourselves. I've been a lurker around here since 2016 and I remember a lot of people were disappointed about Mystic Timbers when that was revealed. However, once people actually got to ride it, many thought that it was the best coaster in the park. Even if this coaster is a bit shorter than something like Fury, i'm sure Kings Island knows what they're doing and they are going a deliver another amazing coaster for us to talk about for years to come.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, KI_FAN_4_LIFE said:

For all of the people out there who are holding on to the fantasy that somehow these leaked blueprints aren't legit and we are all part of a huge cover up conspiracy that rivals the moon landing...   

57218860.jpg

lol if the moon landing was faked, leaking some blueprints to a forum would not come close to rivaling that. Just saying.

• Like 3

And I quoted 5 pages worth of posts, typed them all into one post so I didn't have to double, triple, etc post, and hit the wrong button at the bottom of the page and lost it all. So screw it....

But

23 hours ago, Bansheeback said:

Here are the supports for the lift. 15ed71033bd2b7e7b4eed6db45abedf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Bansheeback or @RuthlessAirtime do you have the page with the 2 / S3.2 footer detail? That should give us the drop angle and allow us to put the lift height to bed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Someone go to the city building in mason and let’s get more proof. Actual full sheet pictures, videos.

Please Lord no.... that's how all this whackadoodle craziness began yesterday...

Just be patient, savor the mystique and clues as they come, and wait until the park officially announces.  

Cake tastes better to me if I have to wait for it... and I enjoy the anticipation and speculation of how good its going to be... I dont need to be told all the ingredients by someone other than the chef.

• Like 6

Why does it matter so much if it breaks the record or is under by 20 feet? That's nothing. 10-40 feet on a 300ft coaster is not going to be noticeable. I do understand the concerns about length but if the coaster is even exactly 300ft I will be happy. I mean, that's almost 50% bigger than our current biggest coaster. 

• Like 4

Please Lord no.... that's how all this whackadoodle craziness began yesterday...
Just be patient, savor the mystique, and wait until the park officially announces.  
Cake tastes better to me if I have to wait for it... and I enjoy the anticipation and speculation... telling me the factual ingredients before I can savor it isnt fun.

Apologies but this is decoding thread. If you are uncomfortable participating I would advise not to view this thread.
  • Like 5

And I quoted 5 pages worth of posts, typed them all into one post so I didn't have to double, triple, etc post, and hit the wrong button at the bottom of the page and lost it all. So screw it....
But
[mention=9458]Bansheeback[/mention] or [mention=11458]RuthlessAirtime[/mention] do you have the page with the 2 / S3.2 footer detail? That should give us the drop angle and allow us to put the lift height to bed. 

3ebe18024a1e030052fbf5469614f82c.jpgc69f75e18ee05267100aa8662b62590e.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BSBMX said:

My numbers use the footer coordinates, down to a fraction of an inch, in CAD software. No estimating there. The only thing I estimated was the angle of the support columns, but that does not affect how far apart the base of the lift footer is from the end of the backbone footer is. Per CAD, I'm getting right at 452-453' apart from these two footers.

I wasn't referring to you as estimating. I'm talking about the ones laying layouts on google maps. You did the math like myself and others. We just don't have the drop angle to verify where the top of the lift stops. There will still be a small margin of error there as we'll not have the radius, but assumptions can be made.  Another thing you'll need to plug into your cad is ground height. It appears that you didn't account for the 10 ft height increase from L3 to L13. I didn't either. It drops 3 ft to L16, so it's even a smaller margin of error. But if you are going to get things to a fraction of an inch, you don't want to leave an error like that in there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Apologies but this is decoding thread. If you are uncomfortable participating I would advise not to view this thread.

Apologies, but I think its absurd that people cant enjoy 'decoding' without seeing detailed blueprints.  If participating like that makes you uncomfortable, well... not my business to "advise" you what to do.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

Hmm. So it's not going to have a backbone footer on the drop. No way to know the descent angle then. I was hoping there would be another diagram like the angle footer on the lift page, but it's not meant to be. Thank for looking that up. 

• Like 1

But
[mention=9458]Bansheeback[/mention] or [mention=11458]RuthlessAirtime[/mention] do you have the page with the 2 / S3.2 footer detail? That should give us the drop angle and allow us to put the lift height to bed. 

I was actually able to scan this in to make it clearer. Here it is:
fe4c8e53a101f28a02c6899e103a232c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic