Decoding 2020

fryoj

I just want this ride to hug the terrain as much as possible, and hopefully have a tunnel. Basically The Beast but at 90+ Mph and only a minute long. While length is important, I’d rather have this than an awkwardly tall MCBR with nothing but filler afterwards.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

3ebe18024a1e030052fbf5469614f82c.jpgc69f75e18ee05267100aa8662b62590e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I don’t see the specific spine footer drawing for the lift spine. Would you happen to have that? An angle on that would give us the max angle on the drop. With this angle, we can come up with a near exact height estimate for the ride. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DustinTheNow said:

Thank you. I don’t see the specific spine footer drawing for the lift spine. Would you happen to have that? An angle on that would give us the max angle on the drop. With this angle, we can come up with a near exact height estimate for the ride. 

I'm scanning all of the pages in the document and uploading them to Google Drive so everybody can examine it in higher quality. I'll post the link when I'm finished.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Hmm. So it's not going to have a backbone footer on the drop. No way to know the descent angle then. I was hoping there would be another diagram like the angle footer on the lift page, but it's not meant to be. Thank for looking that up. 

Not necessarily true. All that's shown here are typical footer/footing examples......NVM, I read too quickly what you said, my bad.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Prove it.

Gordon,

Even though I am a mechanical engineer by trade, I don't have enough details to properly solve this problem.  However, I can assure you that those billboards are not designed to handle the load of a rollercoaster track.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ucgrady said:

I just want this ride to hug the terrain as much as possible, and hopefully have a tunnel. Basically The Beast but at 90+ Mph and only a minute long. While length is important, I’d rather have this than an awkwardly tall MCBR with nothing but filler afterwards.

Maybe there are no hills. You go down the first drop and then just speed along the ground really fast.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m fine with the height. I was honestly expecting it to not be as tall or taller than Fury.

I think the real tragedy is the length. With The Beast and Banshee, I was sure that we would at least be getting the longest giga, especially with all the land available. I really hope that it is not as short as the layout suggests.

• Like 7

Apologies, but I think its absurd that people cant enjoy 'decoding' without seeing detailed blueprints.  If participating like that makes you uncomfortable, well... not my business to "advise" you what to do.

Not here to argue dude. Blueprints are out and are being examined and discussed. We will all be waiting for the announcement but we can also speculate. Yesterday got crazy because of the “leaked layout”, not because of the blueprints which are public record and have been obtained on many past decodes.
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Not here to argue dude. Blueprints are out and are being examined and discussed. We will all be waiting for the announcement but we can also speculate. Yesterday got crazy because of the “leaked layout”, not because of the blueprints which are public record and have been obtained on many past decodes.

Nor am I  ;-)

Point taken about the "leaked layout" - that pushed things over the edge unfortunately.

I wear my KI heart on my sleeve.  I just think it would suck to be one of those making the actual decisions, trying very hard to keep a secret - only to be scooped by "leaked" plans (authentic or not) from people that aren't doing the heavy lifting or internal decision-making.  

My point all along is, and will be, speculation is a good thing (and I bet the park thinks so too) but once too much gets revealed, or someone takes it too far, it takes the fun out of it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nothing wrong with that.

I also hold our reservations that the leaked layout was potentially planted there by someone at KI on purpose (either to throw us off or to help drive discussion)  All I know for sure right now is that the lift footers would indicate a giga of some sort.

In the end, even if the no limits model that was posted comes to fruition, it will still be a fun ride, 30 minutes from my front door and conveniently placed between my office and home

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Someone go to the city building in mason and let’s get more proof. Actual full sheet pictures, videos.

So I live 5 mins from the Mason building. What exactly do I need to ask for and I’ll head down there tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Well, reading through this, one thing that pops in my head- I doubt this will be the shortest Giga. Everyone seems to have forgotten this one which is only 5,100 feet long- shorter than Diamondback.

https://rcdb.com/4520.htm

Also, I remember in 2010 when that coaster opened. It got a lot of the same complaints about being smaller, slower, and shorter than Millennium Force.

Edit: Also, if that Polaris animation is anywhere near how the coaster is actually gonna be...that is gonna be a great ride.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

I still have questions about the account that leaked the plans. I understand how convincing they are, and it very well may be true still it just seems fishy.

Me too, photos of the footings were posted roughly 3:30 pm, and within an hour someone creates an account, and leaks the layout blueprint? Seems awfully convenient. 

• Like 4

The call is coming from inside the house...

(just wanna note on the troll possibility, the Project X partial foundation blueprints were filed April 18. That is plenty of time to create a fake based roughly on it. I’ve known about the existence of the blueprints since last week. Someone else may have known and gotten them earlier, it isn’t necessary they were a park employee because they are public records. All that remained on their end was to wait until the existence of the filed blueprints was confirmed here)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but looking at the leaked layout, why does the picture not line up about 2/3rds of the way across. Looks like a section was cut out, and the remaining pieces were stitched together.  The track somehow matches up, but nothing else does. The Dinosaurs Alive path does not match up, what appears to be new service roads do not match up, especially the area where the fireworks are currently shot from. Something looks fishy with this.

• Like 3

Because it wasn’t my effort to share, someone else went down there and got them and just sent me a basic pic and was nice enough later to show me their copies. I also thought someone else would eventually start talking about it when I nudged. I finally had to shove to get the ball rolling :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Me too, photos of the footings were posted roughly 3:30 pm, and within an hour someone creates an account, and leaks the layout blueprint? Seems awfully convenient. 

Not only do they leak them but the continue to make comments after they said “don’t look it’s private”

• Like 2

I am most anxious to see photos of any work that's taken place at the park.  More clearing, footings, grading etc.  The physical indications really get my anticipation blood flowing.

For those that regularly visit the park and post photos of the area in question - keep those coming (albeit taken within the appropriate confines of the park.)

Tomorrow morning... if at all possible ;-)  LOL!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kissfan4 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but looking at the leaked layout, why does the picture not line up about 2/3rds of the way across. Looks like a section was cut out, and the remaining pieces were stitched together.  The track somehow matches up, but nothing else does. The Dinosaurs Alive path does not match up, what appears to be new service roads do not match up, especially the area where the fireworks are currently shot from. Something looks fishy with this.

I honestly can't even deal with this thread anymore lmao. It's forcing my mind to play tug of war.

• Like 1

There are two possibilities for tomorrow:

1) There is no more clearing to be found, giving credence to the leaked blueprints. All hell will break loose

2) There is clearing beyond what the blueprints state, giving credence to the fact the blueprints could be a hoax. All hell will break loose

Be prepared people. Tomorrow will be crazy

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic