Decoding 2020

fryoj

33 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

I mentioned this before, but nobody answered. Is this generally how blueprints for new rides look? The layout for the new coaster is barely noticeable and muted, while everything else (including the new station) is darker and more detailed. It seems like it would be the other way around...existing stuff should be less prominent than the actual thing being built. Am I wrong? I’m probably wrong.

Yes, that's how these types of plan sheets look. The particular sheet posted was the civil site plan showing an overall look of the project area, it is not focused on the ride itself. Subsequent civil sheets would have had more detailed views of the ride, and plan sheets from the other disciplines (Structural, Architectural, etc)  would have everything in great detail. But the site plan is just an overview of the entire project area, and that's all that was posted.

It's hilarious how hard everyone is still trying to prove this sheet is "fake" or photoshopped. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

I mentioned this before, but nobody answered. Is this generally how blueprints for new rides look? The layout for the new coaster is barely noticeable and muted, while everything else (including the new station) is darker and more detailed. It seems like it would be the other way around...existing stuff should be less prominent than the actual thing being built. Am I wrong? I’m probably wrong.

And why some of the stuff is in color?

• Like 1

Yes, that's how these types of plan sheets look. The particular sheet posted was the civil site plan showing an overall look of the project area, it is not focused on the ride itself. Subsequent civil sheets would have had more detailed views of the ride, and plan sheets from the other disciplines (Structural, Architectural, etc)  would have everything in great detail. But the site plan is just an overview of the entire project area, and that's all that was posted.

It's hilarious how hard everyone is still trying to prove this sheet is "fake" or photoshopped. 

How are you so knowledgeable about this stuff? Have you worked on roller coaster designs before? What do you do?
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

How are you so knowledgeable about this stuff? Have you worked on roller coaster designs before? What do you do?

I've never worked on roller coaster designs before, no. That's something reserved for ride manufactures. But I've worked with constructions documents for the better part of a decade now, and plans like this are what goes out to the local contractors for things like land grading, foundations and building construction. Whether you're building a roller coaster or a strip mall, these types of plans are all the same in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

That’s what I’m starting to suspect. He joined yesterday at 5pm right around when this thing leaked. He’s also been pushing really hard for us to believe it is real... emoji848.png

Sorry for having knowledge of these kinds of things and trying to answer your questions. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, presto123 said:

He also said talk in the industry is that the new Kings Island coaster will be about 5,000 feet long and run at speeds of up to 93 miles per hour.

I can live with that. Especially if this thing ends up being 355.

If it dose then that will be having it's underground tunnel

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ben43065 said:

Let’s not accuse each other of being the leaker, that adds nothing to this conversation. 

To be fair, you were also there when this was leaked and had a copy before pretty much anyone else....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Not accusing just pointing out some fishy coincidences. He knew what X-O-C. My suspicions are high right now. Everybody is a suspect!

X-O-C? You mean the file name that ended with "C-0 Site.pdf"? That follows the National CAD Standard (NCS) file naming convention - anyone that works with construction documents would know that.

Also, I help run a fairly large coaster website, so when the plans leaked here I immediately registered and put my name in the hat to try to get a copy (when Cody was still planning on sharing the file...).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

We haven’t heard much from CodyFryGuy today either... emoji848.png

Now that I think about it. I've never seen you and John Matarese in the same room at the same time before.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

The blueprint info is correct. I took 2 blueprint classes in college almost 20yrs ago plus work for a company that stores blueprints of everything they build. There is never just 1 blueprint... it would be too much info on the image.

Onto the layout- 

Since we cant deduce altitude fluctuations yet, what if the track length is much larger than anyone though as the layout is more vertical than expected... or more vertical than any other giga?

I've been crossing my fingers for a long time that this giga hinting at outpost 5 would include the worlds first hyper loop... and first loop ever on a giga.  Imo, it takes a strong bold move to reference outpost 5 if you have no plan on making a steel coaster to produce records that probably will not ever be broken for LONG time financially. If SoB still existed, it would still be untouchable... 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Take a look at this coaster layout. ONLY 2120 ft long. And look at that boring path. How could anyone build that?

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 8.28.14 PM.png

Oh, it also is 400 ft tall and goes 120 mph. So theres that. 

If this is what I think it is I mentioned the thought of a TTD type of a coaster, but what if they used the momentum of the drop for a few more elements instead of just returning to the station like the other models. 

• Like 4

After MT’s leak and this forums relentless attempts to find information..whether with the city, Clermont, or the flyovers. And also knowing that KI officials do browse on here.. I kind of think that KI/CF just stepped the game up by a mile and is just taking teasers to a whole new level.   Whenever whatever this is (whether it be bathrooms, a monster coaster, or dip n dots) I truly believe that we are going to see something completely different from what we are looking at now.  Andddd. We will be absolutely mind blown when it is released. 

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic