Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Motion to pool our money and purchase an Airbus A380 so all of KIC can go along for a sightseeing ride

Who's with me

Yeah, if you are going to come up with $100+ million, I'm pretty sure you could just go to the park and offer to pay for the super coaster everyone wants and they will put in a webcam and give us daily tours. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@sixohdieselrage oh! in no way I was I saying you are doing negative for us.  I truly think it’s incredible that we have a member who can produce what you produce.  

I mean. What other park forums have a dude with a plane that can drop photos almost every other week ha.  

^^kinda why I think KI would go the extra mile here to throw us off.  We go to some crazy lengths to try and figure this stuff out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

New ride aside for a moment, does this look like a FOF queue extension to yall?

Edit: or maybe more lockers?

8d510762ba98fec032758c6d047d3ceb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upon looking further, I think they're gonna connect FOFs queue to the old Firehawk queue

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thoe124 said:

New ride aside for a moment, does this look like a FOF queue extension to yall?

Edit: or maybe more lockers?

8d510762ba98fec032758c6d047d3ceb.jpg

That looks like the outside queue that's under the awning or whatever it is. Am I looking at that right? Or is that the existing cattle zig-zags for where Firehawk was?

EDIT: Just the old Firehawk queue.
spacer.png

Now that I'm looking at it, it looks like the old FH queue goes into the FoF queue in the blueprints. What the?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

If this is truly a marking attempt then Kings Islands marking department needs a raise....

I feel like since you had the “snap shot” of the original leak. And now just said the marketing department needs a raise. 

You indeed work for the marketing department.:lol: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Shankapottapuss said:

I feel like since you had the “snap shot” of the original leak. And now just said the marketing department needs a raise. 

You indeed work for the marketing department.:lol: 

I wish I worked in marketing, seems like such a fun job to have.

• Like 2

I learned of Mystic Timbers name and theme before the announcement and shared it on here (via PMs to anyone who requested). I no longer work with the girl who told me the information. I’ve tried emailing her to get back in touch, but without any luck. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

That looks like the outside queue that's under the awning or whatever it is. Am I looking at that right? Or is that the existing cattle zig-zags for where Firehawk was?

Old Firehawk queue. New FOF overflow queue

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 9.14.23 PM.png

• Like 7

Has anyone else considered that the leak was intentional? Not to throw us off, but to temper expectations? It came very shortly after everyone was talking about the plans and how this thing was gonna be a 380 ft tall record breaker. Maybe they wanted to calm things down before it got completely out of hand.

• Like 10

So I updated my CAD to now include the X, Y, and Z values of the column coordinates. Adding the Z values didn't really change much. 

This time around, I dropped in an image of Fury, best one I could find perpendicular to the lift's crest. Using Google Maps, I estimate the distance between the two lift backbone footings to be 539' apart. Throwing this info into my model, and adjusting the crest to be 325' above zero, gives me an estimate of how much of the crest takes up the height. 

Dropping in an identical scaled image of Fury, but this time matching it up with the 40° lift and 81° drop of KI's coaster, gives me an estimated height right at 275'. I don't want to believe it, but my logic checks out, I think?

02647F2C-1A14-40DB-A2A4-4ADD0D4A3AA9.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, ldhudsonjr said:

Has anyone else considered that the leak was intentional? Not to throw us off, but to temper expectations? It came very shortly after everyone was talking about the plans and how this thing was gonna be a 380 ft tall record breaker. Maybe they wanted to calm things down before it got completely out of hand.

We will literally never know the answer to any of this until an announcement happens, or additional land clearing happens.

• Like 1

Are any of you guys planning on going to the park tomorrow to possibly get some shots from the tower? Just curious. 

....Not that we necessarily need more fuel to this fire B). But on the other hand, it would definitely help to confirm or deny the "layout". However that would obviously depend on whether anything else has been cleared yet (or is even going to be cleared)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

We will literally never know the answer to any of this until an announcement happens, or additional land clearing happens.

I mean that's 100% true, I just hadn't seen anyone bring up that possibility.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic