Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

So I updated my CAD to now include the X, Y, and Z values of the column coordinates. Adding the Z values didn't really change much. 

This time around, I dropped in an image of Fury, best one I could find perpendicular to the lift's crest. Using Google Maps, I estimate the distance between the two lift backbone footings to be 539' apart. Throwing this info into my model, and adjusting the crest to be 325' above zero, gives me an estimate of how much of the crest takes up the height. 

Dropping in an identical scaled image of Fury, but this time matching it up with the 40° lift and 81° drop of KI's coaster, gives me an estimated height right at 275'. I don't want to believe it, but my logic checks out, I think?

02647F2C-1A14-40DB-A2A4-4ADD0D4A3AA9.jpeg

If this new ride is to blow people away... think modern age... new era of giga... lift hill better be MUCH steeper than 40. Cut sq ft by steeper angles. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

So I updated my CAD to now include the X, Y, and Z values of the column coordinates. Adding the Z values didn't really change much. 

This time around, I dropped in an image of Fury, best one I could find perpendicular to the lift's crest. Using Google Maps, I estimate the distance between the two lift backbone footings to be 539' apart. Throwing this info into my model, and adjusting the crest to be 325' above zero, gives me an estimate of how much of the crest takes up the height. 

Dropping in an identical scaled image of Fury, but this time matching it up with the 40° lift and 81° drop of KI's coaster, gives me an estimated height right at 275'. I don't want to believe it, but my logic checks out, I think?

02647F2C-1A14-40DB-A2A4-4ADD0D4A3AA9.jpeg

Impossible. Perhaps the archives are incomplete?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Are any of you guys planning on going to the park tomorrow to possibly get some shots from the tower? Just curious. 

....Not that we necessarily need more fuel to this fire B). But on the other hand, it would definitely help to confirm or deny the "layout". However that would obviously depend on whether anything else has been cleared yet (or is even going to be cleared)

I should be going 5-18-19

• Like 3

Just now, ohiocoasterfan said:

I do find it odd that the moderators have let this board turn into a complete sh*t show and haven’t been removing things out of respect for the park I.e@anonpirate is still active, these leaked images are all over the place...

I don’t know what the mods could have done in this situation. I doubt the park had contacted the forum or asked for the user to be banned because if they did that’d practically confirm the layout...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I do find it odd that the moderators have let this board turn into a complete sh*t show and haven’t been removing things out of respect for the park I.e@anonpirate is still active, these leaked images are all over the place...

Chill dude. This is a stretch. The mods do a great job. If you dislike the conversation, Reddit is available to you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Are any of you guys planning on going to the park tomorrow to possibly get some shots from the tower? Just curious. 

....Not that we necessarily need more fuel to this fire B). But on the other hand, it would definitely help to confirm or deny the "layout". However that would obviously depend on whether anything else has been cleared yet (or is even going to be cleared)

I will be there when they open and will update with pictures 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

I intend to be there for beast ERT and then head up the tower before heading of to work.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thoe124 said:

Image trace never fails to be one of my favorite rarely used features of this application :)

I’ve been using Illustrator professionally for almost 20 years. I’ve used live trace maybe twice, when I first started and didn’t know what I was doing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I don't get comments like this at all. This is a Fan site for KI, but we don't work for KI. Keeping stuff like this a secret is KIs problem, besides its out there already. Can't put toothpaste back in the tube.

• Like 3

Chill dude. This is a stretch. The mods do a great job. If you dislike the conversation, Reddit is available to you. 

I don’t mind the convo at all. I’ve just seen in many different threads that the slightest misstep gets you reprimanded. I just find it odd that this has been pretty much unmoderated. It’s one of the things that leads me to think these leaks are not real.
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

I've never seen FoF exceed it's current queue line and at max its what? 1.5- 2hr wait from that? Seems like waisted space if they are extending it.

Actually I think it's been suggested that FOF's outside queue will be removed and replaced with the FOF queue. Getting rid of the old outside queue would free up the path to Lil Giga. 

8 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Has anyone else considered that the leak was intentional? Not to throw us off, but to temper expectations? It came very shortly after everyone was talking about the plans and how this thing was gonna be a 380 ft tall record breaker. Maybe they wanted to calm things down before it got completely out of hand.

That was brought up pretty quickly. The plans are too detailed for a fake. If it's fake, it's an internal fake. 

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I don't think they've been on. They deleted a lot of the stuff posted yesterday and made a statement. But as fast as this is moving, moderation is almost impossible. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

That was brought up pretty quickly. The plans are too detailed for a fake. If it's fake, it's an internal fake. 

No, I'm not saying its a fake I'm saying it's real and they leaked it  to keep all the speculation from getting out of hand leading to a underwhelming announcement.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I don’t mind the convo at all. I’ve just seen in many different threads that the slightest misstep gets you reprimanded. I just find it odd that this has been pretty much unmoderated. It’s one of the things that leads me to think these leaks are not real.

There was a change in philosophy a month or so ago. Not sure the current status, but it was definitely suggested that they wouldn't be following the parks edicts as carefully. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I don't get comments like this at all. This is a Fan site for KI, but we don't work for KI. Keeping stuff like this a secret is KIs problem, besides its out there already. Can't put toothpaste back in the tube.

I’m assuming this comment is reflecting back on the international street thread where the mods were overly involved and basically banned all photos. It was super controversial, and scared a lot of people for what this thread would become. Personally I’m happy they’re much more silent than they were in that thread or half of this would have been redacted 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

If this new ride is to blow people away... think modern age... new era of giga... lift hill better be MUCH steeper than 40. Cut sq ft by steeper angles. 

The plans show the lift hill backbone footing at 40deg. The 81deg drop is just an assumption at this point (based on Fury).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Read the thread about the I-Street pictures. That will help you understand more. 

2 minutes ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

This is good to hear. For those of us that live further away, you guys getting these pictures is more appreciated than you know! 

You're welcome. I'm glad everyone likes the aerial pictures I post. Tells me I am doing this for a good cause, and its not a waste. :-)

• Like 4

Don't forget. For early stages of construction for "secret" projects drawings are often drawn as "complete", then updated later to reveal more and more of the project. 

A lot of workers get to see these and its expected that they will leak. So only in the know, critical designers, engineers and approvers see the true completed project this early. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, riptombraider said:

I’m assuming this comment is reflecting back on the international street thread where the mods were overly involved and basically banned all photos. It was super controversial, and scared a lot of people for what this thread would become. Personally I’m happy they’re much more silent than they were in that thread or half of this would have been redacted 

Double post, but you're welcome. 

Sweet. Someone commented after I did. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

No, I'm not saying its a fake I'm saying it's real and they leaked it because on purpose to keep all the speculation from getting out of hand leading to a underwhelming announcement.

Lol... upon announcement day... the world is expecting-

700 ft tall coaster, 19 inversions, worlds tallest winged dive coaster with 7 launches... then they describe it with Invertigo specs... season passes drop 40%.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes you are correct. I remember reading through that whole thing and the big arguments that ensued.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

Unfortunately the official drawing from city hall indicates the lift spine is inclined at 40 degress. 

97AA5545-6B91-4570-B6F6-000113C650F7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic