Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, DustinTheNow said:

Unfortunately the official drawing from city hall indicates the lift spine is inclined at 40 degress. 

97AA5545-6B91-4570-B6F6-000113C650F7.jpeg

Me being a lover of aggressiveness like Maverick, I can only hope records aside this ride breaks my neck.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, presto123 said:

No way would KI design a coaster JUST short of 300 feet. I would bet the house on it.

It better be a 299ft maverick...

Or.. its 290ft tall but goes WAY underground for the ultimate tunnel... although as someone has pointed out earlier, a tunnel may increase wind turbulence therefore decreasing travel speed on the initial drop.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Tells me I am doing this for a good cause, and its not a waste. :-)

Definitely not a waste!  For those of us who can't get to the park to see what is going on, this is awesome!!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, thoe124 said:

New ride aside for a moment, does this look like a FOF queue extension to yall?

Edit: or maybe more lockers?

8d510762ba98fec032758c6d047d3ceb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, see my quoted post below.

39 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

That looks like the outside queue that's under the awning or whatever it is. Am I looking at that right? Or is that the existing cattle zig-zags for where Firehawk was?

EDIT: Just the old Firehawk queue.
spacer.png

Now that I'm looking at it, it looks like the old FH queue goes into the FoF queue in the blueprints. What the?

31 minutes ago, thoe124 said:

LScreen Shot 2019-05-09 at 9.15.04 PM.pngetti

At least Firehawk's old queue is getting put to good use :)

21 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Actually I think it's been suggested that FOF's outside queue will be removed and replaced with the FOF queue. Getting rid of the old outside queue would free up the path to Lil Giga. 

That was brought up pretty quickly. The plans are too detailed for a fake. If it's fake, it's an internal fake. 

I don't think they've been on. They deleted a lot of the stuff posted yesterday and made a statement. But as fast as this is moving, moderation is almost impossible. 

Yup that was me! :) 

10 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

Has anyone considered the reason they left Firehawk's queue could be repurposed to be used for Flight of Fear's additional queue? I could see them removing the current overhang/queue lines to open the plaza area which would in turn, refresh that area a bit more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thatguyfromohio said:

e47d8bf387b9bac17f9e679c5e5199ea.jpg

Hmm the face says 50° though, what if it’s a 50° lift hill.

The face that the backbone mounts to is at 50deg, but the backbone is perpendicular to it (its complementary angle), which is at 40deg.

• Like 2

Anyone know when average time of year official announcements are made?

I remember few months ago someone saying if this is contributed to The Beasts timeline, we should expect announcement on 6-6-19 but if not... any particular month?

• Like 2

The biggest thing i am having an issue with, is if that layout is real, that means the plans for the footings for the rest of the coaster are complete and would likely be filed already. I remember that the MT layout had the ride broke into "areas of work" but they were clearly defined on the layout. If this was the case for this coaster, why would the "areas of work" not be marked on the layout. Something just doesn't feel right about this.

• Like 5

Just now, shizzzon said:

I remember few months ago someone saying if this is contributed to The Beasts timeline, we should expect announcement on 6-6-19 but if not... any particular month?

Isn't August basically Coaster Christmas in terms of announcements?

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

Banshee was August 8th, 2013

Mystic Timbers was July 28th, 2016

I imagine we will see an announcement around that time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

The face that the backbone mounts to is at 50deg, but the backbone is perpendicular to it (its complementary angle), which is at 40deg.

Here's an image that might help. 

723B1C30-9DBB-4DC2-8A85-62CA54B2E525.jpeg

• Like 1

Here's an image that might help. 
723B1C30-9DBB-4DC2-8A85-62CA54B2E525.thumb.jpeg.823d9dd8b821cd3a777aa2ceb7da7fb5.jpeg

I know you guys tried to explain this earlier... it’s still confusing. I would think you would want all the weight and pressure pushing against that bolted side. It is labeled as a column is it not?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

e47d8bf387b9bac17f9e679c5e5199ea.jpg

Hmm the face says 50° though, what if it’s a 50° lift hill.

I pointed this out earlier today, which is probably 20 pages ago, lol. In my head i see the face that the backbone is bolting to set to 50 degrees, and assuming the base plate on the backbone is welded on square, when it is bolted to the face it would be perpendicular, therefore set to 50 degrees. Does anyone have any documentation that says the lift hill angle is always referenced off the angle opposite where the backbone bolts up?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I know you guys tried to explain this earlier... it’s still confusing. I would think you would want all the weight and pressure pushing against that bolted side. It is labeled as a column is it not?

Depends on your force distribution for your entire superstructure. The entire support structure is basically one big triangle, so as long as it's balanced appropriately, it'll work out. Hard to know without seeing the analysis the engineers did, which probably involved semi-complex FEA and stuff like that. I don't remember much of my engineering curriculum, but basically, it's a bunch of statics problem solving.

What I am saying is "it's fine"

1 minute ago, kissfan4 said:

I pointed this out earlier today, which is probably 20 pages ago, lol. In my head i see the face that the backbone is bolting to set to 50 degrees, and assuming the base plate on the backbone is welded on square, when it is bolted to the face it would be perpendicular, therefore set to 50 degrees. Does anyone have any documentation that says the lift hill angle is always referenced off the angle opposite where the backbone bolts up?

It's trigonometry. Google complimentary angles. What you're saying is a very common way that people get confused

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kissfan4 said:

It's referenced from its angle to the ground. Therefore, 40°. The 50° is the angle of the backside of the plate, not the hill itself. 

• Like 1

Isn’t is odd that there is absolutely no teasers whatsoever?  No posters on the fence, nothing.  I do expect this to change tomorrow?  

And I guess even though things don’t look to be shaping up as I had first hoped, I still have high hopes as KI has rarely disappointed, Ok the shed (which I love but that hype was out of this world lol).

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

The prints call the supports 'columns', and the backbone is considered a column. This design is similar to many other B&M lift designs. 

0D3A72D2-19C1-458F-AFAF-FE737F21DCD7.jpeg

AECB5E99-71E9-4847-A27E-7AEF44A28459.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I know I said this like 30 pages ago, but since we do not know the source of the blueprints drawing we will not be hosting it on KIC. Please do not post it again. Thank you.

LOL. Yes, even though we're ALL talking about the blueprint drawing, and it's readily available at other sites mentioned...it is somehow banned from this site...because we don't know the source?  Mmmkay.  

(Sorry, YES I agree to the terms, no matter how ridiculous I may find them in 2019) :-)

• Like 2

Just now, bjcolglazier said:

LOL. Yes, even though we're ALL talking about the blueprint drawing, and it's readily available at other sites mentioned...it is somehow banned from this site...because we don't know the source?  Mmmkay.  

(Sorry, YES I agree to the terms, no matter how ridiculous I may find them in 2019) :-)

Mods have probably been having a super rough time moderating this thread as is. I'd give them some slack. 

• Like 10

• malem locked this topic