Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I read on a past page that there was a rumor we were supposed to get a giga in 2014 but went with inverted instead.  That was the first I've heard of that but I wonder if the leaked plan was for that giga.  It would've required Firehawk to have been taken out then so I'm not so sure about it.  I do believe the plan is legit and professionally done but I'm not sold that it's for 2020.

That would would make more sense with the talk about Firehawks removal decision being made mid-summer. However, the layout plans have the antique autos shown, so I doubt this is from prior to 2018. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sorner said:

That would would make more sense with the talk about Firehawks removal decision being made mid-summer. However, the layout plans have the antique autos shown, so I doubt this is from prior to 2018. 

To add onto that, I doubt they would have wanted to remove Firehawk in 2014, the ride was still relatively newer.

• Like 3

Wow! Just made it through another 20-some pages lol

I think it would be really cool if the Giga had a sick steep turn drop (not the first drop, but as a ride element somewhere along the course) and maybe took some inspiration from Phantom’s Revenge’s second stop.

In other news, I think my iPod is learning as it suggested Phantasialand when I was spelling out “Phantom”. :P

• Like 3

I don't know about anyone else, but outside of these plans I'm actually more excited for Cedar Point's Opening this weekend since they seem to do the lion's share of sneaky teasers (ie: with Yukon Striker etc). I can't wait to see if someone notices if there are more random teasers posters up there this year! 

Gotta say I'm a huge fan of this Cedar Creek Mine Company 'Coaster Universe' they've been building & I do hope it continues... Granted maybe not with this one (since it's in X Base), but still I would love to see the stories of how the rides in our areas are connected. 

If anyone's going up this weekend keep your eyes peeled!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, supertrooper said:

I mentioned this before, but nobody answered. Is this generally how blueprints for new rides look? The layout for the new coaster is barely noticeable and muted, while everything else (including the new station) is darker and more detailed. It seems like it would be the other way around...existing stuff should be less prominent than the actual thing being built. Am I wrong? I’m probably wrong.

This question was a few pages back, and perhaps it was answered, but in case not:

Generally on design documents, the work that the document is for will generally stand out (by being darker) while everything else will "blend" into the background.

For instance, in my line of work, the HVAC or plumbing that I design will "jump off the page" on my documents, while the building walls, room walls will be lighter.  I'll generally turn off all electrical information.  Meanwhile, on the same project, the electrical engineer will create his layout where the electric jumps off the page, they may also darken up my equipment, because that is what they are powering.  On another drawing, he may have just show lights and the wiring for that, and turn off my equipment all together.  Then, there will be a fire protection drawing showing his stuff, and all of our stuff may be turned off again.

So, in a complete set of drawing, you might have 7 or more pages of the exact same area, architectural floor plan, architectural ceiling plan, lighting, power, plumbing, HVAC, Fire protection, etc... and some plans will show different things darker or lighter depending on what the drawing intention.

In the leaked plans, they may be a general overall plan to give the workers a feel for what they are working on and help communicate which part of the project they are on, the building may be highlighted because that is ultimately what that set of plans is for (building the station) while the track and footers are as important to that drawing as the service roads (ie there for reference only)

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 5

As some people seem thrilled that this thread is approaching 100 pages....like that is important, I would like to remind everyone “It’s quality over quantity”.

I have never seen a thread that has so much regurgitated, redundant information...then you add on the posts that should have been personal messages instead of posts and it is no wonder this thread is a beast. (Pun intended)

If all of the redundant and PM type posts were eliminated, this thread would be at a very informative AND enjoyable 30 or so pages...instead of the mass that it is.

I don’t blame the mods for staying quiet...where would they even start?!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, medford said:

In the leaked plans, they may be a general overall plan to give the workers a feel for what they are working on and help communicate which part of the project they are on, the building may be highlighted because that is ultimately what that set of plans is for (building the station) while the track and footers are as important to that drawing as the service roads (ie there for reference only)

Hope that makes sense.

That does make sense. I assumed that maybe the leaked plans were for the station construction since that portion was much more detailed than the coaster layout.

• Like 2

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Adrenaline Obsession said:

I don't think thats the case. If it were 90, wouldnt the plans look more like this (Excuse the crude photoshop)?:

spacer.png

Instead of:
spacer.png

Exactly my thoughts. Unfortunately, KI won't receive a vertical drop quite yet. I hope our first isn't a B&M Dive, though I wouldn't be that upset either :p

6 hours ago, presto123 said:

I guess KI's sister-park is Cedar Point now? Sorry Kings Dominion! That's what happens when you get rid of Volcano; even the media ignores you haha

For space reasons, I've made this all "spoiler" but it certainly is not a spoiler. Replies to pictures and a video.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, firstnline said:

We don't know the actual design yet,  but oh I wish B&M would incorporate some of RMC's elements into their ride. Would like to see a couple of outer banked turns for sure but one can wish.

If anything RMC has shown us is they can pack in a ton of stuff in a small track length. if we were getting an RMC i would have no doubt they are going to put there best into the ride. but we are talking about B&M, the most cookie cutter and predictable ride manufacture out there. sure B&M could finally spice things up a bit but i just dont think thats the case.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, standbyme said:

As some people seem thrilled that this thread is approaching 100 pages....like that is important, I would like to remind everyone “It’s quality over quantity”.

I have never seen a thread that has so much regurgitated, redundant information...then you add on the posts that should have been personal messages instead of posts and it is no wonder this thread is a beast. (Pun intended)

If all of the redundant and PM type posts were eliminated, this thread would be at a very informative AND enjoyable 30 or so pages...instead of the mass that it is.

I don’t blame the mods for staying quiet...where would they even start?!

I was looking at the Mystic Timbers decoding thread last night, and that bad boy was several hundred pages long when all was said and done.

What happens is that, especially at night, when there are a bunch of members hanging out and reading, the thread becomes more of a chat room than anything just because people are throwing so many ideas around.

I think what we need is a summary “what we know so far” post that is stickied to the top of every page of this thread that contains the documents we have and the popular high level speculation ideas that keep cropping up. I’d be happy to write it up and keep it updated as this progresses but I don’t know if sticky functionality exists on this site.

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic