Decoding 2020

fryoj

11 minutes ago, coasterfanatic83 said:

After reading for the last week, I have come to the conclusion that we are too caught-up in the numbers. Height, potential speed, drop, length, etc...

Guys, it is Kings Island. Cedar Fair. B&M. And a massive land clearing. This will be a phenomenal ride.

Mystic Timber's numbers are not good at all. The layout looked boring. We all had reservations. And now it is the best ride in the park.

Chill out on the details (that haven't even been confirmed by the park). KI/CF/B&M know what they are doing.

71D334BD-5E16-40C9-A997-B5D3629F7936.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MIAParkman said:

If you think Levi is a decent coaster/ waste of money, you've clearly never rode it haha. It's an elite coaster, better than MF and was ranked #8 in the golden ticket awards (idc about this but others do). So yeah, if KI gets Leviathan 2.0, don't complain. 

I didnt have any expectations for Leviathan when I rode it. I thought it would be a fun ride but nothing worthy of my top 10. IT BLEW ME AWAY. One of the most surprisingly fun rides I have ever been on. 

Anything in the ballpark of Leviathan would be a very welcome edition.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

If any Cedar Fair executives are reading this thread...they may just give us all the middle finger and install this after what some people have said

B6E7F167-0DCD-46CE-90DE-A163ECC98128.jpeg

HotWheels Flyer 2.5   I rode it! The picture doesn't do it justice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Yeah from what I've seen the only thing we can really gather from the overhead print is the layout length. Not the track length. People are too caught up in numbers that even experts would probably be disagree g with each other on based on how they are getting them.

Furys layout doesn't look that great either if this would be all you have to go by. Same with pretty much every coaster. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Shankapottapuss said:

What if this is like a weird cross of Mav and a Gig?  Like launch your happy self up a 286 ft lift down a 300 ft drop and then do fun stuff.  

Who knows? It'll have been 6 years since B&M did their last launch. Have we seen anything yet that would totally rule it out?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Who knows? It'll have been 6 years since B&M did their last launch. Have we seen anything yet that would totally rule it out?

Well theres no reason to do a lift hill on a launched coaster. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DonkeyKong said:

I was able to find the blueprints online to both Banshee and Diamondback, is it possible that someone who is more capable than me found the blueprints to Kings Mills Antique Autos and overlaid a giga layout? 

I was actually reading someone's comment on FB regarding blueprints. The individual said that he picked them up and he only received the 5 pages of footer/coordinate prints. He didn't get a print with the layout. So, I wonder if someone did fake that one. 

• Like 3

I don't mean that kind of launched coaster. A launched coaster that uses the launch speed flies down the drop and continues through a full layout. Not a Kingda Ka, TTD type of coaster.

Doesn't Lightning Rod use a launch up a big lift hill?

• Like 7

Just now, kirbias1 said:

I was actually reading someone's comment on FB regarding blueprints. The individual said that he picked them up and he only received the 5 pages of footer/coordinate prints. He didn't get a print with the layout. So, I wonder if someone did fake that one. 

Just to be clear when I said blueprints I was revering to the "leaked" document. I believe the footer prints that we luckily had members go get are true, but regarding the pdf. I found equivalents for Banshee and Diamondback. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

The layout was not a part of the blueprints. It was leaked separately. But you can clearly see everything in the blueprints on the leaked plan. 

• Like 2

I'm expecting a quick, pretty intense ride.  I know everyone says that's not B&M style, but I just have a feeling based on the layout. Tallest ride maybe, fastest speed maybe...I don't know. Mystic Timbers is only about a 50-second ride once you start dropping, but it's pretty darn intense. And it's been incredibly popular. Maybe the success of MT has something to do with this Giga layout. That's all I can think.

• Like 7

I’m really hoping the coaster follows CoasterMac305’s recreation almost verbatim. Taking that first turn after the drop with that speed would be insane. If you’ve ever ridden Fury, that same type of turn crosses over the bridge over the hive dive, and you get some amazing airtime if you’re sitting on the right side of the train. Now imagine that at almost 90 MPH instead of 70.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Turtlepower said:

A full year before other construction began on Thunderbird, Holiday World needed to have a new electrical substation installed at the park to provide power for that coaster’s launch.

It’s possible Kings Island already has that type of infrastructure in place with Flight of Fear being nearby, but any big new electrical equipment being installed could be an indication that KI’s new coaster will include a launch. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Thane Of Price Hill said:

A full year before other construction began on Thunderbird, Holiday World needed to have a new electrical substation installed at the park to provide power for that coaster’s launch.

It’s possible Kings Island already has that type of infrastructure in place with Flight of Fear being nearby, but any big new electrical equipment being installed could be an indication that KI’s new coaster will include a launch. 

Remember a couple years ago when the power kept going out at the park. I'm having flashbacks after reading this post.  Hopefully those days are done and gone though!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thane Of Price Hill said:

Or they tap into the panel where Firehawk stood?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turtlepower said:

The helix in the leaked plan does look pretty interesting. Is there any way to tell whether it's upward or downward? It crosses paths with the track that comes after the first drop, I assume it's passing over the top at that point which could provide a near miss opportunity on the drop. Or if it's passing under a near miss coming out of the helix. Also, does anyone know of a similar shaped helix on another coaster? It's not quite the traditional perfect circle with an entrance and an exit, but more like a spiral that's getting tighter as you move through it, gradually increasing your positive g's. I assume given how short this looks there will even be a decent amount of speed left. Might even be complimented well with some air time right before it.

From what I could see it looks like it'd the same helix as Shambhala at  Port Aventura in Spain.

HHIzFsI.jpg

Source

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Or they tap into the panel where Firehawk stood?

Not sure that would provide enough current. According to this https://www.coaster101.com/2016/07/20/coasters-101-launch-coasters-store-energy/, a regular lift hill motor works on about 200 amps while a launch could use up to 4000 amps. 

That also explains more about how various launches work such as Thunderbird, Incredible Hulk’s original launch, TTD and Lightning Rod. 

• Like 1

I was looking at Shambhala, and it looks to be a very well received rollercoaster... the length looks to be fairly similar to that of the leaked layout of our giga coaster

I think that the giga’s length does not matter as much as some people claim, but what matter more is if the layout feels complete... I say if it has a stellar layout, people will not be bothered by the length

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic