Decoding 2020

fryoj

10 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

From what I could see it looks like it'd the same helix as Shambhala at  Port Aventura in Spain.

HHIzFsI.jpg

Source

Yeah... that helix does look extremely similar, thanks for finding that. Something like that sitting next to a 300 foot lift hill is going to look bad ass, at the very least.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, presto123 said:

It's a B&M coaster as well. KI would need to be at least 50 ft. taller than this to avoid the hyper category.

Yes, but this seems to be closer to the beginning of the ride. KI's will be towards the end. I could see the same height, but not 50 feet higher. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kirbias1 said:

Yes, but this seems to be closer to the beginning of the ride. KI's will be towards the end. I could see the same height, but not 50 feet higher. 

I think he was referring to the coaster it’s self (How it’s 250 ft and made by B&M)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I was just talking about lift hills. This coaster is 249 ft.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, presto123 said:

I was just talking about lift hills. This coaster is 249 ft.

Gotcha! Just watched the POV of Shambala. It has a similar layout to our possible Giga. It climbs 249 and drops almost 260 and seemingly has the unique helix. It is also  about 5100 feet in length, which is what KI's will probably be close to.  I wonder if KI and B&M are combining elements with this and Fury to give us Polaris.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

http://

Just for those of you that didn’t see this, CoasterMac305 made a great No Limits 2 prediction based off the leaked layout in the pdf. It looks like he did a great job and picked those two elements as stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than I think he's too tall on that hill before the helix, it's pretty spot on. 

• Like 3

Here's the POV of Shambhala. Read some of the comments on youtube for this coaster. Seems like people are beyond impressed. A taller version of this could be magnificent.

EDIT: Shambhala is only # 45 in 2018 Golden Ticket awards. Diamondback is #10.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, xXDrummerKiDXx said:

My question is, how does KI usually announce a new ride? 

I would love to be at the announcement if possible!

Both Banshee and Mystic Timbers were announced at events open to the public in the evening.  Banshee was announced on 8/8/2013.  Mystic Timbers was announced on 7/28/2016.  Expect the announcement for this coaster to happen in either late July or early August.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, presto123 said:

I don't mean that kind of launched coaster. A launched coaster that uses the launch speed flies down the drop and continues through a full layout. Not a Kingda Ka, TTD type of coaster.

Doesn't Lightning Rod use a launch up a big lift hill?

Sometimes yeah. Oftentimes it uses an elevator to be put back for maintenance too.
---

Guess we shall wait till July/ August to hopefully get an announcement. Isn't it a bit odd that there's no teaser on the wall next to FOF? Diamondback, Banshee, and MT all had some sort of words on the fence that confirmed something was going down.. well up. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I also thought it’s been weird to not see any teasers yet. This has been a very very interesting and weird construction/teaser timeline. 

I’ve kinda assumed we wouldn’t see park teasers until the park opens to it’s full time season schedule.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Here's the POV of Shambhala. Read some of the comments on youtube for this coaster. Seems like people are beyond impressed. A taller version of this could be magnificent.

EDIT: Shambhala is only # 45 in 2018 Golden Ticket awards. Diamondback is #10.

Not surprised about the ranking, it is heavily skewed and biased towards American coasters, let's not kid ourselves. I've been fortunate enough to ride Shambala and it's the best hyper on the planet, easily my #1. The one that comes closest to this is Behemoth and then Mako right after that when factoring N.A hypers. For the KI Giga, I can see a high speed turn around after the drop into a reverse treble clef element, speed turn into a speed hill (similar to Levi but not as fast/intense), then large airtime hill (about 150ft), ampersand turn around and overbanked turn into the breaks. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DonkeyKong said:

I’ve kinda assumed we wouldn’t see park teasers until the park opens to it’s full time season schedule.

That’s reasonable to think. It just doesn’t line up with what they have done with the past three coasters they’ve added. It’s been interesting watching this one unfold. I have to say it’s been awesome seeing everyone get so excited about this one. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

As I am aware, the Golden Ticket Awards are highly skewed by parks' influences and thus I take what it says with a grain of salt.  

So you’re telling me The Beast isn’t the 5th best wooden coaster in the world???? 

• Like 3

They likely won't start heavily teasing things until much later in the year depending on when vertical construction is beginning. They don't want people to say "Well we should wait and go next year for when they have the new coaster" and then not go this year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheRickster said:

They likely won't start heavily teasing things until much later in the year depending on when vertical construction is beginning. They don't want people to say "Well we should wait and go next year for when they have the new coaster" and then not go this year.

The teaser campaign for Banshee started on opening day 2013. The teaser campaign for Mystic Timbers began on passholder preview night. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thane Of Price Hill said:

The teaser campaign for Banshee started on opening day 2013. The teaser campaign for Mystic Timbers began on passholder preview night. 

Did they announce they were coasters then though? Also like I said it depends on how the construction and stuff will impact it. Lots of variables. I'm willing to be there is some teasing starting at coasterstock.

• Like 1

Teasing for Banshee and Mystic Timbers started at the beginning of the 2013/2016 seasons. It's worth noting, however, that the 2013 and 2016 seasons didn't add any notable additions to the main park (excluding Tropical Plunge in 2016). This year, however, we have the addition of Antique Cars, the renovation of International Street, and The Beast's 40th anniversary. The likely reason we haven't seen teasers for 2020 yet is because Kings Island doesn't want the new coaster addition to overshadow everything that's happening at the park right now. My guess is that we won't see any teasers around the Firehawk fence until late June at the earliest, with the announcement happening between late July and early August.

• Like 8

• malem locked this topic