Decoding 2020

fryoj

Updating my CAD for the last time. To recap, pulling data from the column coordinates (from blueprints) gives us a horizontal distance between the main lift footings of 453'. Also, the lift angle is 40deg (from blueprints). If the blueprints are accurate (and I'm betting they are), then these numbers are accurate. The 453' came directly from the CAD X/Y/Z coordinates...no chance of trig typos here.

Pulling from Google maps, I'm estimating a horizontal distance between Fury's main lift footings to be 528'. There's certainly some room for error here, but I feel that any error is negligible given that I'm only using an image of Fury for reference. Using this 528' distance, I dropped in a full height image of Fury's lift and scaled it so that the crest is right at 325' in my CAD. Of course the image is not a true straight-on image (perpendicular) of Fury's lift, but for reference, I think this is good enough. This image will be used to provide a reference for what KI's coaster's crest will look like. 

Also from the blueprints, there is a silhouette of the lift's support columns. Focusing on the last one of the drop can give me an estimate on what the drop angle will be. I dropped in the below image into my CAD and drew sketch lines over the support silhouette lines, as well as an array of possible drop angles, in 1deg increments) between 81deg (Fury's drop) to 90deg (for the dreamers out there). 

lift overhead3 silhouette.bmp

From here, I lined my array of angles to match the silhouette sketches. Given that this particular support is likely on the straight portion of the drop's backbone (based on Levi and Fury), I can rule out a few of these angles. Sorry boys/girls, but the 90deg just doesn't even make it, and 89-86deg is too far fetched to line up even close to where the drop could be. At 85deg, we start getting close, but I think even 85deg is still pushing it, based on where the footings are located and mimicking Fury's crest. At around 83-84deg though, I think we're getting close to the realm of possibilities. And anything less (82-81) will just give us a shorter lift height.

In my sketch below, you'll see 3 horizontal lines near the top. One's at 325', for Fury's reference. The middle is right at 300', and the lower one is at 285'. Even at the 83-84deg drop estimate, and mimicking Fury's crest the best I can, that still puts us between the 285-300' range. If B&M really tightens up the crest curvature (compared to Fury), then I think they could hit maybe 305' no problem, but I don't see it going higher than that (again, based on where the footings are, lift angle, and being similar to Fury's crest). 

KI drop.bmp

Of course, I don't want this "shorter" height to be true, but the blueprint numbers just don't give us the height that Fury has.  Now, if B&M does something new with the backbone design, then all bets are off the table. Also, this is only analyzing the lift height, not drop height. There are talks of ravines, and tunnels, and whatever else, and those could potentially give us a pretty good drop height, but they won't affect lift height. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BSBMX said:

Updating my CAD for the last time. To recap, pulling data from the column coordinates (from blueprints) gives us a horizontal distance between the main lift footings of 453'. Also, the lift angle is 40deg (from blueprints). If the blueprints are accurate (and I'm betting they are), then these numbers are accurate. The 453' came directly from the CAD X/Y/Z coordinates...no chance of trig typos here.

Pulling from Google maps, I'm estimating a horizontal distance between Fury's main lift footings to be 528'. There's certainly some room for error here, but I feel that any error is negligible given that I'm only using an image of Fury for reference. Using this 528' distance, I dropped in a full height image of Fury's lift and scaled it so that the crest is right at 325' in my CAD. Of course the image is not a true straight-on image (perpendicular) of Fury's lift, but for reference, I think this is good enough. This image will be used to provide a reference for what KI's coaster's crest will look like. 

Also from the blueprints, there is a silhouette of the lift's support columns. Focusing on the last one of the drop can give me an estimate on what the drop angle will be. I dropped in the below image into my CAD and drew sketch lines over the support silhouette lines, as well as an array of possible drop angles, in 1deg increments) between 81deg (Fury's drop) to 90deg (for the dreamers out there). 

lift overhead3 silhouette.bmp 3.97 MB · 0 downloads

From here, I lined my array of angles to match the silhouette sketches. Given that this particular support is likely on the straight portion of the drop's backbone (based on Levi and Fury), I can rule out a few of these angles. Sorry boys/girls, but the 90deg just doesn't even make it, and 89-86deg is too far fetched to line up even close to where the drop could be. At 85deg, we start getting close, but I think even 85deg is still pushing it, based on where the footings are located and mimicking Fury's crest. At around 83-84deg though, I think we're getting close to the realm of possibilities. And anything less (82-81) will just give us a shorter lift height.

In my sketch below, you'll see 3 horizontal lines near the top. One's at 325', for Fury's reference. The middle is right at 300', and the lower one is at 285'. Even at the 83-84deg drop estimate, and mimicking Fury's crest the best I can, that still puts us between the 285-300' range. If B&M really tightens up the crest curvature (compared to Fury), then I think they could hit maybe 305' no problem, but I don't see it going higher than that (again, based on where the footings are, lift angle, and being similar to Fury's crest). 

KI drop.bmp 3.72 MB · 0 downloads

Of course, I don't want this "shorter" height to be true, but the blueprint numbers just don't give us the height that Fury has.  Now, if B&M does something new with the backbone design, then all bets are off the table. Also, this is only analyzing the lift height, not drop height. There are talks of ravines, and tunnels, and whatever else, and those could potentially give us a pretty good drop height, but they won't affect lift height. 

Dropping in images from mobile. IDK why on PC they drop in as links. 

D19732FB-6804-4E7A-BBB0-8786FFE4C6D8.jpeg

F7F1ABF8-3493-4983-9FE4-5749904CB0F1.jpeg

• Like 6

If the thing isn’t even 300 ft tall then I’m going to be pretty disappointed, if CedarFair went out of their way to give us a giga coaster that isn’t even 300 ft tall then that really makes me question their plans for Kings Island, and it certainly doesn’t scream “Going the extra mile” as Mr.Zimmerman talked about.

• Like 3

Another thing that hasn’t been mentioned is the price of steel. In 2018 due to various factors (including tariffs) steel reached a record high point. The prices have since come back down. When planning the construction I would think this would have definitely factored into the length they were looking to go.caafd95c50af4e8e3a4afff9bd313b74.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, thekidd33 said:

I fully expect this to be where our RMC goes in a few years. 

Could you imagine Beast as an RMC? MY GOD, that would be insane...

I know the traditionalists and the nostalgic folks would be up in arms, but you can't ignore how awesome it could be. It would be like Outlaw Run on steroids.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Another thing that hasn’t been mentioned is the price of steel. In 2018 due to various factors (including tariffs) steel reached a record high point. The prices have since come back down. When planning the construction I would think this would have definitely factored into the length they were looking to go.caafd95c50af4e8e3a4afff9bd313b74.jpg

I’m not sure it would though as CSF doesn’t do anything besides rollercoasters so I don’t think overall steel prices would have changed that much (If at all)

• Like 3

What if this isn’t a gigacoaster, but a wing coaster with a lift hill similar to Wild Eagle’s at Dollywood, but without a vertical loop. It could be the world’s tallest wing coaster. I don’t know I’m just throwing that out there for now.

72029fda18c6fbc2dcd3ea1e8f2a7063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, corn4ahead said:

Could you imagine Beast as an RMC? MY GOD, that would be insane...

I know the traditionalists and the nostalgic folks would be up I'm arms, but you can't ignore how awesome it could be. It would beike Outlaw Run on steroids.

as awesome as i think an RMC beast would be i think i would rather GCI come in re track the entire ride, remove the trims and adjust the track and support as needed to accommodate the extra speed. adding airtime hills during the long straight sections and putting millennium flyer trains on the ride. Thats the kind of facelift i could get behind 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

What if this isn’t a gigacoaster, but a wing coaster with a lift hill similar to Wild Eagle’s at Dollywood, but without a vertical loop. It could be the world’s tallest wing coaster. I don’t know I’m just throwing that out there for now.

72029fda18c6fbc2dcd3ea1e8f2a7063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thought has crossed my mind also.

• Like 2

im still in the camp of "the leaked layout is fake" 
that being said im still team giga
The more I look at that layout the more I think that this was for the company that is building the station... they just inserted a basic layout to not give anything away that's my best guess and what I am hoping is the case

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I don’t even know what to believe anymore, honestly.

Me neither, kinda makes it exciting to not know fully and get that big surprise on announcement day

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, funpark said:

That thought has crossed my mind also.

If the city of mason plans are to be believed, this is definitely a B&M Mega Coaster Model. Trains will be similar or identical to Fury 325 / Mako. I am making this claim based on the plans for the maintenance shed and the track spacing.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Great work! Where did you get those fury side profile pictures? 

Just pulled them from Google. Kept looking untill I found the most-perpendicular image I could find. They're not perfect but I think good enough for an estimate. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

my heart hurts because all of the leaks look like the real thing... but some stuff is just so fishy i cant help but not believe that CF would build such a meh giga. granted it could be an amazing ride but im not yet convinced

Meh-Giga. It’s a new style in their catalog, we’ll be the first to get one. Yay.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

I wonder, where does Leviathan rank at in the 4 Giga coasters in North America?  If this is Leviathan 2.0, then it would hopefully be better, and if its some people's #2,  our new coaster might be able to take that spot, right below Fury! 

Depends on who you ask really, but most hardcore enthusiasts put it at 3rd or 4th due to the ride being "too short" (Fury is 10 seconds longer for 1000+ ft of track) or "not intense like Intamin". I personally put it #2 behind Fury, but the first half of Leviathan is much better and more forceful. This leak, if true, looks a tad shorter than Leviathan length-wise but it always comes down to the elements. It also looks like a mix of Leviathan and Shambala, so I expect to see a speed hill and large hill after the first turn around or a high banked turn into speed hill and then large hill. Hopefully, it's not too similar to Diamondback though, that would be my concern, but like the two B&M Giga's built, expect 3-4 airtime moments (not counting the drop). Fury has the 3 camelback hills and airtime on the treble clef, Leviathan has 2 large airtime hills and that ejector airtime speed hill while going at 80mph, and you get a pop of air before the breaks. So for this, I'm expecting a speed hill at about 70mph-ish, 1 large camelback, treble clef and pop of air before the breaks. 

• Like 6

While I do think the layout is fairly short, I feel like it could be a REALLY great ride experience and not have a single dull moment! Mystic Timbers is not the longest, but it never lets up! I may be the only one who thinks this though...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

While I do think the layout is fairly short, I feel like it could be a REALLY great ride experience and not have a single dull moment! Mystic Timbers is not the longest, but it never lets up! I may be the only one who thinks this though...

my only complaint with mystic is how short it is. other than that i could literally ride it all day.

• Like 4

Hi y’all I’ve been mulling over these plans for a while! And I’ve come up with some unofficial predictions. I think this will be the steepest B&M Hyper / Giga Ever. 84 degree drop. This will enable a height of 305 ft and I expect the drop to be 323 ft. (Polaris being 323 light years away) ... More predictions and maybe a few No Limits renders to come. 

Credibility: Transmission Line Construction Engineer, Graphic Designer, Enthusiast, No Limits Nut

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I think the SOB area will be used for a ground up RMC in the future. Possibly replacing The Bat when it gets removed.

I agree. I think that is why the RMC owner was possibly spotted there last year.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic