Decoding 2020

fryoj

Can someone clear this up for me a bit? Are the leaked ride layout blueprints still in question on if the're real or not? I thought they were confirmed fake. Also, The footer blueprints are real, right?

In my mind, the layout is pretty much confirmed by the available clearing. It matches up perfectly and they appear to be done clearing.

Team Lil Giga on a Budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

My reservations about this ride aren't that it might only barely be over 300'. MF isn't much over 300' and it's an amazing ride. I'm much more concerned with it only barely being over 5000' in length. Leviathan ( while not a bad ride ) just feels incomplete when compared to Fury or MF. Like if they would have just added even one more good air time hill right there at the end instead of having a 400' break run 100 feet of the ground, it would make so much of a difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 5/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, kirbias1 said:

If it's only 300' feet high, where is extra 30 feet coming from?

Could be a drop into ravine?

5 hours ago, Turtlepower said:

Has anyone been by Clermont lately? Any updates there?

I live right by clermont steel fabricators, i was driving by there and they where working on a track piece , also i saw giant steel support columns in the way back

• Like 5

^What about I305, since it’s the shortest gigacoaster at 5,100 feet? Does it give great rides? Asking because I’ve never been on it.

I305 is intense and mostly very low to the ground with very forceful banked turns and twists which is a completely different ride experience than than any of the other Gigas especially the B&M Gigas. This layout is nothing like that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

12 hours ago, silver2005 said:

This response pretty much sums my point in asking that question.  That logic is highly, highly flawed and unsubstantiated.  CP is its own park and KI is its own park.  Sure, CF will probably do bits to let the two differentiate themselves, but there's enough unique going on at both parks that keeps them unique.  This entire focus on how the stats will somehow make or break a coaster addition is nonsense and there is literally no evidence ever to back up that line of thought.  I think this line of thought stems from enthusiasts not getting what they want and somehow making arguments to shift the burden that the parks' and parent company are somehow making these backroom decisions on how parks should flex a few stats here and there to make other parks seem more appealing.  This line of thought is enthusiast entitlement through and through.  We had this exact conversation about Banshee and whether or not it'd be bigger than Raptor unironically, which, the stats alone proved that notion false.  Banshee and GateKeeper are entirely different types and were built for entirely different reasons.  When they built GateKeeper, CP already had about every other type that'd you'd consider a staple already built.  KI building Banshee was to plug up a lack of a staple being that most parks of KI's size had an inverted coaster in the line up, which can also be said about Diamondback.  Now, the reason we didn't have those types was due to CP, but because they were in different chains, and once CF acquired KI, they rounded up the coaster lineup nicely, to fit what CF's park model is.  Last time I checked, KI still draws in its fare share of out of market guests.  This argument only works if KI was somehow not doing so and is somehow doing bad in business as a result of Banshee and Diamondback being a few hairs short on stats, which there is 0 correlation (additionally, the kind of business KI had the year they built Mystic Timbers also obliterates that argument).  CF did have some slower growth last year and whatever becomes of this giga is a result of that, but CF obviously still sees KI successful enough to green light a giga, a type which only 5 other parks in the entire world have at this point.  

The whole argument of being disappointed by a giga coaster has to be one of the stupidest things that the enthusiast community has produced. 

And honestly, this is why I feel the quality of KIC has gone down hill somewhat since I last visited. Maybe it's because I'm only around here for speculation every three years, but I remember the discussions for Banshee and Mystic Timbers being much more rational and intelligent. This thread has seemed to have devolved into an enthusiast echo-chamber of Cedar Fair giving KI the short end of the stick because the new giga coaster is somehow a faulty business decision and a middle-finger to KI fans. 

I'm not saying people aren't allowed to be disappointed, and maybe I have no place in this discussion since I have Fury in my backyard. But I fail to see how this coaster not fulfilling requirements that only enthusiasts would ever care about makes it a poor business decision. It'll still be one of the tallest coasters on the planet, that in and of itself is enough marketing material.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

Drove through this town on my way to Cedar Point. You think Cedar Fair planted it there as a teaser? :P 

Ride op on Flight of Fear yesterday righg before we launched: "who's ready to ride Polaris?". Which pretty much means Polaris is confirmed*

*- to not be the name.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

^What about I305, since it’s the shortest gigacoaster at 5,100 feet? Does it give great rides? Asking because I’ve never been on it.

Unfortunately, this giga will be nothing like I305. That ride is INCREDIBLE. It's out of this world (Orion/Polaris? Lol). 

I would be so stoked if it was an I305-type giga, even if it was 4000 ft long. I305 is Maverick meets Millennium Force. It doesn't get much better than that.

Unfortunately, that type of giga doesn't seem to be in B&Ms portfolio.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Even so, there's a fine line between feeling something could be better and feeling that you're owed better, and several of the comments I've seen in this thread have fallen into the latter category. 

Kings Island or Cedar Fair are not charities.  They offer a product and in return we offer to pay or not to pay for that product. So yes in this case everyone is in FACT “entitled“ to voice their opinions.  

This is not the case of the spoiled kid on The talk show complaining that her mom didn’t buy them a new G wagon for their birthday (that is entitlement).

I actually think it is a good thing to see so much passion. As a company you would want to se so much loyalty, discussion and publicity.  Heck most companies have to pay people to call you or offer you a coupon to get any feedback at all.  And they use it to figure out how to improve!

So it has been said before.  Most of us here know this is our ONE chance (queues Eminem song) and we, as Fans and paying guests want to see it done to the best it can be!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Could be a drop into ravine?

50 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I was looking more closely at the clearing yesterday and there is a 20-30 foot ravine right where the drop appears to placed. 

The "ravine" everyone keeps quoting is only a 20 ft drop from the station height. And it is over near where the second hill is, and not at the base of the first drop. The "ravine" is shown in this pic below. It's less a revine and more of a swell. 

59481559_2334765706769034_30579983022272

• Like 4

You know... Of those two names are for KI they could rename FoF to fit with the new coaster... There isn't anytbing tieing those two names are for KI and everyone just immediately jumped on it. 

The two names are clearly related so that honestly made me think it wasn't for our new ride.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheRickster said:

You know... Of those two names are for KI they could rename FoF to fit with the new coaster... There isn't anytbing tieing those two names are for KI and everyone just immediately jumped on it. 

The two names are clearly related so that honestly made me think it wasn't for our new ride.

They are close enough in theme that they can be interchanged if one falls through. The other may never be used like Centurion. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sol44 said:

In my mind, the layout is pretty much confirmed by the available clearing. It matches up perfectly and they appear to be done clearing.

If they are done clearing, the "blueprint layout" would not work. The helix that's in this layout is current where there are trees.

I don't think they'll done, just like everyone said they were after Opening weekend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JubJester said:

If they are done clearing, the "blueprint layout" would not work. The helix that's in this layout is current where there are trees.

I don't think they'll done, just like everyone said they were after Opening weekend.

The trees are WEST of the DA path. The helix is EAST of the DA path. The guy who made that video was wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fryoj said:

The trees are WEST of the DA path. The helix is EAST of the DA path. The guy who made that video was wrong. 

I thought he was wrong too at first but now that I’m looking at the photo you posted, was he talking about the two trees left standing just inside the clearing??

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

It isn't exactly loyalty when you have members saying they won't renew their passes if this is our giga. I don't know why antique cars are enough and this giga isn't but whatever.

Since people threaten to not renew their passes seemingly every year, i’m sure they’re used to hearing it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^See Mystic Timbers being a GCI and not a giga/RMC. Same thing happened, and it turned out to be a really fun ride. As many people have said, one less renewed pass is one less person in line, so I’m not going to stop you.

I think the sentiment toward this has a lot of hand-wringing going on solely because we have confirmation of it being a giga. Like myself and others have said, every giga built has been groundbreaking in some way and we have a few drops of evidence that suggest that it’s possible this one might not be.

If the contract signed forever ago was between RMC or Mack rides and not B&M and we had established that this WASN’T a giga, this conversation would likely have a very different tone right now.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

I thought he was wrong too at first but now that I’m looking at the photo you posted, was he talking about the two trees left standing just inside the clearing??

That pic was from opening weekend. They were still clearing. 

From @sixohdieselrage on May 5th

20190505_172251.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 1.23.41 PM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

What's interesting is, according to the blueprints, only about 20% of Firehawk's land will be used- the same can be said for Dinosaurs Alive. 

I find that odd, especially when they could have used the other 80% of Firehawk’s land to increase the size of X-Base or to add in those highly anticipated restrooms

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic